Just Wanna Ride!
    Feb 2004

Brain Setup Question - 2008 FSR

How are you running the brain on your FSR ? Curious to hear how you like your dampening set up and how you like your brain set for different conditions.

Just finished the build on my 29er and have been playing around with the suspension setup.

Check out these videos from Specialized. Best setup tips I've seen from a manufacturer. http://www.specialized.com/bc/micros.../main.html?x=y
    Last edited by NCtrailX; 12-15-2007 at 11:53 AM.

Just Wanna Ride!
    Feb 2004
    how about some feedback from folks riding an 08 FSR with afr shock?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I've got an 08 Stumpy with the SBC AFR shock and brain. I generally keep the air pressure the same for all riding (within the recommended sag range or a touch more). As for the rebound damping its kind of hard to explain, just fiddle with it until it feels right for you, you'll know if you've got it too fast or slow. With the brain I have it set on its firmest for XC races, 3-4 clicks softer for my usual riding area (the usually damp local woods) and if I go anywhere rockier then I set it in the middle.
    Just have a play with all of the settings, what works for me might not work for you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    i find my 08 epic brain a simpler affair, i just leave it all the way open, it works offroad and its stiff on the smooth, i have the rebound set fast because the terrain i ride is fast and bumpy, i dont do big hits