Thread: Brain repair

mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Brain repair

My brain had been acting up so I took my bike to my LBS and had the AFR serviced and seal kit replaced, hoping that was all that was necessary. The brain is still not working. The mechanic saw some oil in the air chamber he thinks came from the Brain. My question:
    If the Brain and shock have to be shipped back to specialized, will they offer a replacement or loaner to keep me on the trail? How long will it take to have Specialized fix the brain?
    I Purchased the bike new in March from the same shop that does my service, so all warranties apply. The bike has been flawless until now.
    The bike is an 08 FSR 29er.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Your shock is in need of a full service in which the internal parts and damping oil is serviced. We have quick service turn around, in the US ask for factory service exchange. With this program to keep service downtime to a minimum have your PBS work with our authorized service center, they will exchange your shock for a factory serviced shock.
    Visit my profile for Links to:

Performance Guarantee, Service, Setup, E150 Maintenance....

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Thanks for the quick response SST. Will the brain/shock I receive back be mine or just a loaner until mine is serviced? Sounds like an exchange which would obviously be quicker.
    i am on the US East Coast

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    You will recieve a freshly serviced shock. The current shock on your bike in need of service will be sent to our authorized service center and serviced back to factory spec and sent to the next customer and so on.... this keeps serviced downtime to a minimum for all customers.
    Visit my profile for Links to:

Performance Guarantee, Service, Setup, E150 Maintenance....