Riding in North VA

New question here. Brain or no Brain on a 2010 SJ?

Hopefully soon I'll be ordering a 2010 SJ Expert. I went with the Expert because of the Brain system and the better quality components. Now I'm seeing several threads where people are converting their Brain into no Brain or having serious performance and maintenance issues with the Brain system.

Is the Brain system that delicate, bad, inefficient, etc?
    MTBing in Colombia with my 2011 FSR Stumpjumper Elite

mtbr member
    I don't have the SJ 2010 Brain (but demoed one), but my Epic 2008 is near perfect with it.

The Brain is a very sophisticate shock, and has some maintenance on going. Mine is a no problem unit with more than 6.000 km on it. Mixing trails, and XCM races here in Brazil.

I will buy a SJ 2010 or 2011 or 2012 , and I will go for a Brain model (Expert, perhaps the Carbon one).

With the Brain, the SJ can be dialed from a native trail bike, to an almost XC Race weapon. I have 'demoed' one here, and it was exactly what I feel. I used it for about 10 miles with the soft settings and 5 more miles with the firm settings. They are complete different bikes. Just find one bike better than my Epic.

My 2 cts.
    Jose Galego
    MTBing In Brazil

Members who have read this thread: 0