Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member

Boycott Specialized and Monster Energy...

Boycott Specialized and Monster Energy...

Until this is resolved, we should all boycott "Monster" energy drink, as well as Specialized, since they are in bed together with their racing team.

It seems that the bastards at Monster are suing a small microbrewery in Vermont for making a barleywine named; "Vermonster". Check out the youtube link below, for more info, then register your dissatisfaction here: http://www.monsterenergy.com/web/guest/contact

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbG_w...layer_embedded

Here is the message that I sent them:

I am a mountain biker, and when I first heard that you were sponsoring a race team, I was very excited, and began using your product to support a company that supports the sport that I love.

Today, I came across a message on an internet forum, that mentioned that you have filed a Cease and Desist order against a small brewery in Vermont, for marketing a barleywine called Vermonster. Somehow, someone at your company thinks that this is a trademark infringement. I, personally, as a consumer, would have never made any more connection between the two different names, than I would have made between FIRST Interstate Bank and the FIRST Baptist Church.

That being said, I will say that having been a small business owner, myself, I find it abhorent that a billion dollar corporation would bully a small mom and pop business, over something that is really so much of a non-issue.

I must therefore CEASE AND DESIST purchasing any of your products, until such time as you CEASE AND DESIST harrassing the folks at the Rock ART Brewery.

Furthermore, I will campaign very aggressively on as many internet forums as possible to get as many mountain bikers and other people as possible to CEASE AND DESIST purchasing your products until such time as I receive notification from your company that you have dropped this frivolous lawsuit.

Most mountain bikers are beer drinkers, and most of them prefer microbrews over watery crap like Buttwiper. Most of them are also likely to prefer microbrews over your energy drink, especially when there are now so many alternatives on the market. Mountain bikers have also been bullied over land access issues, by well funded equestrian groups and political parties such as the Sierra Club, so they are highly likely to identify with and align themselves with the small guy who is being bullied by the corporate giant.

Until such time as I receive notification from your company that you have dropped your ridiculous lawsuit against the Rock Art Brewery, I will take all of the money I formerly spent on your product and spend it on theirs. I will aggressively campaign for as many of my fellow mountain bikers and other folks to do the same, and to spread the word to as many people as they can.

When you look at your bottom line in the future, you WILL see the error of your ways!!! The sooner you CEASE AND DESIST with your frivolous lawsuit, the less economic damage you will cause yourselves!!!!!

Lawyers suck!!!!! Frivolous lawsuits suck!!!!!

Do you think that they will be smart enough to notice that while MTBR has a "Beer" Forum, it has no "Energy Drink" Forum?
    If more people rode more bikes, more places, more often, the world would be a more better place!

usually cranky
    i go to college in vermont. go rock art!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    While we're at it someone should sue the maker of Flypaper pedals because you need to use a special set of cranks to make them work.
    I hate 650b because it's not as fun as 26 inch wheels and because it doesn't have the rollover ability of 29 inch wheels.

mtbr member
    It is resolved !!!

Monster backed down....People power triumphed over corporate hype !!!!

http://www.rockartbrewery.com/

mtbr member
    It is resolved !!!

Sup
    we should boycott people posting the same thing on more than one thread

on a routine expedition
    Looks like it's been resolved

http://rockartbrewery.com/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boycott Specialized and Monster Energy...-picture-5.jpg  

Last edited by Marshall Willanholly; 10-21-2009 at 03:35 PM.

mtbr member
    monster'll probably drop this. negative publicity will hurt them more in the wallet. david will slay goliath in this match easily.
    don't sweat the petty things & don't pet the sweaty things

what a joke
    Who drinks all those energy drinks anyway? Seriously, they are basically poison for your body. I guess its no different to people who smoke
    blah blah blah

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Hell I own a specialized road bike... No fear though I will just remove the "il" from the down tube and then instead "specialized" spelt down the down tube I will have "special ed". Now that some guerilla branding tactics.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    If you boycotted all the companies that file frivolous lawsuits, you'd be walking around naked and riding a 30-yr old tri-cycle.

Upgrade your life
    Quote Originally Posted by joosttx
    Hell I own a specialized road bike... No fear though I will just remove the "il" from the down tube and then instead "specialized" spelt down the down tube I will have "special ed". Now that some guerilla branding tactics.
    Now thats funny!

mtbr member
    This was an exhausting 31 minutes. Glad this is resolved.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    im boycotting monster because its the most disgusting, fowl drink on the planet!

Re-friggin'-Lax!!!
    They are my favorite brewers ever. A Senator of ours even got involved in this fiasco...
    If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness is the deadbeat dad that knocked her up.

is buachail foighneach me
    Quote Originally Posted by driver bob
    It is resolved !!!

friggen awesome!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Ha that's nothing. You should see what this other "Monster" company sues people for

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/20...r-case-to-ebay

Is there something about company with "Monster" in their name???

The Other Dude
    from what i heard this was resolved, and wow, every forum i go to on MTBR has this post in it. I am pretty sure monster sponsors quite a few other race teams. Oh well, i guess i should stop riding my kawasaki also, lol.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Single-Track Monster
    Jan 2007
    I can't see how you would want to hold Specialized responsible for something one of their Sponsor's did....

...that would be like holding me responsible for a car accident one of my co-workers caused. Just because we have an association, doesn't mean we are both at fault...

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    thats like holding wearhouser responsible cause the make the paper that monster energy drink used to apply for suits against others, and bic also since they make the ink pens that fill out the forms.

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Quote Originally Posted by ozlongboarder
    Who drinks all those energy drinks anyway? Seriously, they are basically poison for your body. I guess its no different to people who smoke
    Boycott Monster? No problem...never drink it anyway.

Specialized? Not so easy...I've been wanting to try out the '10 FSR 29er.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

mtbr member
    Please take this crap elsewhere. I'm sick of seeing it everywhere.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowerJoe
    we should boycott people posting the same thing on more than one thread
    +1
    - 1995 Giant ATX 890
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    So this is on the 29er forum for exactly what reason?

achiever
    FWIW, Vermonster is a very high grade of cannabis.

Just sayin'

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast