mtbr member
    Dec 2007

bmx bike cranks on a mtb

would my haro 3piece cranks fit on my 07 hardrock? thanks sry for the goofy question

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigkg
    would my haro 3piece cranks fit on my 07 hardrock? thanks sry for the goofy question
    Not without some work. I think there's a few companies with chromoly cranks for MTB out there. I know I have a set of them in my garage but I'm not sure if they are retail or not. OH - here's a listing of retail Kona Bulge DH cranks - there's two styles. Make sure you get a set of the Jack Sh!t Primo pedals with the 14mm axle (all the way to the end of the pedal) because if you need chromoly cranks, the next thing to break is going to be the pedal spindle and those'll cut up your calves real good.

Profile makes a MTB DH set too - if your Haro's are really Profile you might be able to convert them.

http://www.konaworld.com/shopping_ca...categoryid=207

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    so it wouldnt just bolt right in is there any companys that make a bmx style crank right now i have the stock ones that are like flat and skinny? i guess you would say?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigkg
    so it wouldnt just bolt right in is there any companys that make a bmx style crank right now i have the stock ones that are like flat and skinny? i guess you would say?
    Yeah - follow the link at the bottom of my first post. Also type in profile mtb dh crank into a search engine and you find more - ALSO - I think Redline was doing some so check on their site too.

Meh.
    The cranks will fit fine as long as the spindle is long enough and you have a euro bottom bracket.

Plenty of street riders using BMX cranks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    ok kool im trying to turn my hardrock into more of a dirt jump bike so thats why i wanted to switch them cause the stock one seem kind of weak