mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Black S Works 29er

any black S Works 29er frames yet

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I wish, I have one on order as well. I have heard they are coming in March.
    2011 S-Works Epic 29er

mtbr member
    I think you should rather ask ANY s-works 29er frames.I like many others also placed order and am waiting.No worry,in a month or 2 we'll be looking at the 2012 bikes then i may just cancel my order,keep my current ride and wait.I think Specialized are going to miss the boat with a lot of their 2011 bikes just comming too late.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I agree, but living in Upstate NY you have this dilemna every year. You can order the frame early, get it by January, and start riding it again in March. Then come mid July, they release the 2012 bikes! Makes you kind of feel that your new bike is outdated already and you've only been able to ride it for a few months! To address the original post, no, I have yet to see a black frameset.

Don't Stop Spinnin'!
    From my understanding with a Specialized rep... the All black S-works 29er frame is a limited production of 18-20 frames only. (with over 50 orders already placed... so good luck to all of us!!!) OPTION 2 for me is the carbon/flo yellow.
    ~every end is a new beginning...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I have one on order too, first they said Feb. I ordered the day it went up on their site.
    I can see people loosing the patience and going elsewhere. Too bad that black frame is sweet!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I am at that point. I ordered one (red/white) back in late Summer when delivery was showing December. I have emailed Specialized numerous times and haven't received a single response. Really makes me feel warm in side when I have all these other options, including riding my brand New Trek SF100 i have hanging in the garage right now.
    The local guy states (with total arrogance) that I have to realize I am trying to get the hottest bike on the market right now. Wouldn't it take the frames to be out to be the hottest bike out?

$4k buys a bunch of options for a frame and even some serious nice parts along with it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    From what I've heard there was an issue with the changes they made to the 2011 carbon 29er frame design. Spesh being the great company they are corrected the problems before any frames got into the public's hands (because you guys know you'd be furious having to deal with a warranty) So now its a waiting game, if you want one then deal with it and wait. I also heard they're air-mailing 2011's into the usa NOT putting them on a boat. Props to them for trying to make everyone happy.

just ride
    Quote Originally Posted by erichwic
    I agree, but living in Upstate NY you have this dilemna every year. You can order the frame early, get it by January, and start riding it again in March. Then come mid July, they release the 2012 bikes! Makes you kind of feel that your new bike is outdated already and you've only been able to ride it for a few months! To address the original post, no, I have yet to see a black frameset.
    'its definitly Specialized fault you live were u cannot ride your new bike...

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Huh? And where is this information publicized to us waiting? I have even sent 3 emails to them asking for anything and I cannot even get a dam response from anyone. The LBS and Local Rep are jokes here, so I wouldn't be handing out too many props for Specialized.
    From someone that has purchased 4 S-Works bikes in the past and finally giving the Big-S a chance again in years - it doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy inside.

just ride
    I have had a black frame on order since it was released, I was told by the LBS and rep that was in the store that I would not see the frame till March. I visited my shop today and they called to ask, according to specialized the frame is still on schedule for early to mid march. I have the parts and carbon wheels, just would love to get my hands on the frame. Worth the wait, had an chance to demo one on my home trails and it felt great, coming from the 2010 sworks epic 26, if I closed my eyes I could not tell you which one was quicker in the woods.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

specialized

I agree. I am having a hard time believing the hype that the SWorks epic 29er is the hottest bike out there. I think this is a coined phrase directly from specialized maybe to generate a buzz. I mean $9900 buys me a SF100 and an aluminum SS complete bike of my choice and a lower end road bike to ride when the trails are muddy and with proper budgeting other cycling purchases. This is just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by rhadrj
    Huh? And where is this information publicized to us waiting? I have even sent 3 emails to them asking for anything and I cannot even get a dam response from anyone. The LBS and Local Rep are jokes here, so I wouldn't be handing out too many props for Specialized.
    From someone that has purchased 4 S-Works bikes in the past and finally giving the Big-S a chance again in years - it doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy inside.