mtbr member
    Apr 2011

BikeYoke for the Enduro - but what shock?

I was checking out the BikeYoke for my Enduro, but I guess i'm not sure what i'm missing. It seems like most of the shocks that I'd want to put on my Enduro are already available with the Specialized mount. Are there any really great shocks out there that can only be put on my '15 Enduro with the BikeYoke?

The RS Vivid Air and XFusion Vector Air were the only two that I could come up with, but i'm not sure whether they would be a good match (or an upgrade from my current DBAir CS).

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Maybe the Fox Float X or the upcoming DVO Topaz.
    Last edited by mmckechnie; 03-30-2016 at 06:37 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    What kind of riding do you do?

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    DVO coil or air, Fox coil or air, X Fusion coil or air, Manitou coil or air....anything that isn't low end Fox, CC or Ohlins or the proprietary RS.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bhsavery View Post
    What kind of riding do you do?
    Sorry, should have put that. I'm an XC rider who likes to go fast on the downhills. I have no experience with coil shocks but i'm not opposed to the weight.

The Float X would be a good option but the Float X2 comes with the specialized mount already. On the other hand I'm guessing the Float X is end-user rebuildable (the X2 is not) which is important to me.

DVO Topaz is actually an excellent option, and now that you mention it the Jade looks good too. Those are getting pretty expensive by the time i buy a shock, yoke, and spring(s) though. At some point I can just start considering the elevensix or an X2 with a lot of extra money for rebuilds.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Porch View Post
    Sorry, should have put that. I'm an XC rider who likes to go fast on the downhills. I have no experience with coil shocks but i'm not opposed to the weight.

The Float X would be a good option but the Float X2 comes with the specialized mount already. On the other hand I'm guessing the Float X is end-user rebuildable (the X2 is not) which is important to me.

DVO Topaz is actually an excellent option, and now that you mention it the Jade looks good too. Those are getting pretty expensive by the time i buy a shock, yoke, and spring(s) though. At some point I can just start considering the elevensix or an X2 with a lot of extra money for rebuilds.
    I'd go air shock then. Fox X's are out there or can use the yoke.
    2016 NEW Fox Float X EVOL For S-WORKS/Specialized Enduro For Sale

or ohlins air shock... or monarch can't go wrong with any of those.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I guess my unasked question was, is it worth getting the BikeYoke? And honestly it sounds like the answer might be "no". Most of the shocks worth running already have the Specialized end on them. The only thing that sounds really interesting to me is the DVO stuff, but I'm not sure I prefer it enough to spend a few hundred bucks (cost of the yoke, whatever else is needed) over the options that already exist. Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    I think it would be more if you had other shocks laying around that you wanted to put in. Hell I have Romics, Van RC's several other air shocks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard25 View Post
    I think it would be more if you had other shocks laying around that you wanted to put in. Hell I have Romics, Van RC's several other air shocks.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

I thought about it some more and i think that the Avalanche Woodie and Chubie would be on my very short list of shocks that I'd like to run, but will never have a Specialized end on them.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Hi Mate, can I ask what don’t you like about the DB Air CS? I personally think is an amazing shock.

Another option to consider, but costly, is the PUSH ElevenSix which comes with the correct mount for Enduros 29 / 650B. No need to get a new yoke but $1200US instead for the shock only…… ouch.
    That would certainly be an amazing upgrade though.

What?
    My reasoning for getting a Bikeyoke, is to use the 650b link on my 29er. Seems easier to get than a Specialized yoke. I will be using a DVO Topaz. Has anyone her done this?

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I agree with you , I´m using specialized yoke/650b with DB Air CS im my E29 I really like this shock!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Anyone with the bikeyoke want to sell their old 650b link? Send me a PM!

mtbr member
    What is the goal of the 650B yoke on the 29 frame. Lower and slacker?

The Fastest of Bananas
    Anyone need a chainstay and seatstay to convert a 26er to a 650b? I have a set, brand new in flat black.

I broke my frame so now I dont need them

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    A week ago my CCDBACS blew up again (rebound adjustment stopped working, shock makes a funny noise). I just had it rebuilt at the beginning of the year for $200 and this isn't my only bike, so needless to say i'm pretty unhappy about that.

I bit the bullet and bought a bikeyoke (#3) as well as a DVO Topaz T3Air. I gotta say, I couldn't be happier with the combination. I put the shock on the bike a few days before a 32-mile "epic" ride and didn't have any time to really play with it, so I called up DVO and they were really helpful about where to start with the settings. I'm 190 geared up so I put 190psi in the piggyback, 220 in the main, 1 "token" in the positive side air chamber and 1 in the negative.

I think I need to add 1 more token to the positive air chamber, but other than that this thing is dialed, it's smooth, it's reasonably priced and I can rebuild and tune it myself if I need to. Honestly it feels as good as my DBA CS ever did, and I didn't have to monkey with the knobs for a week to get it that way. A perfect match for my Fox 36 up front, although I'm starting to wish that was a Diamond...

Best part is it's almost 200g lighter than my DBA CS.