mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Bighits Trail Friendly?

Hey all,

Looking at possibly getting an 07/08 Bighit fsr 1. Curious to find out how peddle friendly on the trails they are?

I would have searched but apparently the search function is down today.

-X

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    As in XC trail friendly? It would be a pretty sluggish ride. Could you do it? Well, yeah. It most likely wont be a fast ride. It could be overkill for alot of trails. If your wanting a beefier bike than a XC rig, go for an Enduro. You can ride trails and do more all mountain type riding.
    Livin' the dream.

Very Wildery
    I ride my '06 bighit up everything I want to ride down. While I'd never keep up with the XC crowd on the climbs, I'm more than happy with it's peddle-ability. The drivetrain shifts super crisp, and I'll take it to ride XC trails instead of my hardtail now and then, just because it's more fun.

Calm Like a Bomb
    yeah the search function would come in handy....too bad it's down....here's some reviews from the product review section at the top of the page

http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/Freeride...t_127112.shtml
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)

The Other Dude
    I had an 05 and an 07 Big Hit, for what they are, they pedal great, and have done numerous 20+ mile XC style rides with it just because it was fun, and the bike can do it, i have no problems keeping up with the "beginners ride" on the trails, but i always grab my stumpy for the faster rides. I would never even consider doing it on my demo, but the Big Hit is a great fun bike......but now i replaced it with an SX Trail, it goes everywhere i would ever want it to go.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Not to be a grammar d!ck, but pedal = to spin the cranks, peddle = to sell something.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkley
    Not to be a grammar d!ck, but pedal = to spin the cranks, peddle = to sell something.

You got me. And to think that I am an English minor, Its unfortunate that everyone is not perfect.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Jut8 why do you prefer the big hit for xc styled rides and not the demo?

The Other Dude
    The demo really doesent pedal uphill well not matter what you try. The big hit actually pedals pretty well.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Calm Like a Bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    The demo really doesent pedal uphill well not matter what you try. The big hit actually pedals pretty well.
    i concur
    V-10c (custom)
    Nomadc (custom)