Thread: bighit sizing

Trying a little

bighit sizing

I've got a large 2004 frame, it feels "OK" it may be too big, I can't tell because I've never tried a smaller size. I'm 5'11. Any experienced opinions from the bighit faithful out there?

I never apologize. I'm sorry, but that's just the way I am.

The Other Dude
    I am 5'11" also, with a 32" inseam. I ride a large epic and sx trail, but on my big hit i went for a medium, it just seemed to fit better, and i felt like i had more control of it.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    I am 5'11" also, with a 32" inseam. I ride a large epic and sx trail, but on my big hit i went for a medium, it just seemed to fit better, and i felt like i had more control of it.
    ride a meduim stumpy and ride a small big hit. im 5' 8", after riding it for a while the stumpy seemed a bit too large for me.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I am 5'11" and have an 06 BH2 medium and I like it a lot. It seems to fit me better than the large. I rode them both before I got the medium.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    6' 5", 32-34" inseam, and I ride a Large BigHit, and an XL HardRock. The BigHit is very comfortable so far for me. I will now after Memorial day Snowshoe rides, but with what rides I have done so far, it has been very nice. The large fits well given my long torso.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    5'10", and I ride a Large 2004 Bighit. I do have fairly long arms. On the specialized bikes from that year I never felt comfortable on Mediums. With the 50mm stem I sometimes find it cramped on steep technical climbs so I'm glad I went large. It's super stable on the downs and manuals really easily. My 5' 7" wife rode a medium FSR Comp back then too. Not sure how the sizing is these days but I noticed the new medium Enduro's felt ok.