mtbr member
    Apr 2006

BigHit Grom - Adjustable for 10 yr old rider?

My 10-year old son is begging for a BigHit Grom. We can't find an actual bike in our area and our local dealer is going to order one for us. However, he's concerned the my son's inseam is 26.5" and he may not comfortably fit on the BigHit Grom. We have one opinion that the rear shock could be adjusted and the seat lowered to provide clearance.

Does anyone know if this is possible? We know he will grow into the bike. He's an aggressive rider with good skills, but we don't want to buy him a bike he can't manage.
    Cyberchippo
    Dad of aspiring down hill rider

No longer riding a haro!
    Aug 2004
    I know 2 local kids that have/had Bighit groms. They are 9 and 10 years of age. Sorry, I guess this post isnt much help.
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much space.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I'd be really surprised if the Grom didn't fit just fine for your kid. He's less than an inch above the standover now, but he'll grow fast. I'm considering one for my soon-8-year old boy. The 2006 model just appears to be really difficult to get, at least here in Finland.

Let us know about your grom's experiences with the Grom - there isn't too much written about it.

mtbr member
    hmmm. i think it will be a little big, but managable. you can always drop the travel in the rear with a new shock, and you can always lower the seat post. not sure though

rockin the mid-west
    he should be fine.
    [SIZE="4"]PUNK FOR LIFE[/SIZE]
    freeride & Down hill for life
    Companies I support
    E-13
    Shimano
    Maxxis
    EBC
    Marzocchi
    SIXSIXONE
    Specialized
    Arrow Racing
    Truvativ
    W.O.R.B.A. supporter
    I.M.B.A. supporter

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Smile BigHit is a Big Hit w/ 10 yr old

He's had his bike now a week. He absolutely loves it. He's on it every chance he gets and it fits him perfectly. The bike handles well and he can get all the power he needs even with the full suspension. Front forks are a bit stiff and he's asking for something a bit softer to be more absorbing, but overall it's a fantastic bike.

Thanks for the feedback to all that responded.
    Cyberchippo

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Great news chippo! Did you get the 2006 model (with a black swing) or an earlier one? (see: http://www.bikesportchrudim.cz/index...olashow&id=454)

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

Smile BigHit is a Big Hit w/ 10 yr old

Wow - the 2006 is a great looking bike. We were able to get him a new 2004 model. He is extremely pleased and the bike has performed flawlessly. Thanks!
    Cyberchippo

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Ok, thanks for the info. It seems that the 2006 model is globally unavailable ... I would really really like to get the grom, preferably just the frame, but since max. two-three of those have been sold to Finland, I probably have to wait for 2007. (Or get an XS-titus moto-lite for the boy .)