rbx
    mtbr member
    Mar 2004

BigHit and brake squat or Brake Jack?

Im looking into a 2006 Big Hit fsr III i was just wondering if you guys ever experienced brake squat or jack with big hits?

mtbr member
    With the Specialized Horst Link pivot, this allows the suspension to be not influenced (independent) by pedalling and braking forces.
    I guess this is why they call this the "Holy Grail" of suspension design - you don't have any outside forces affecting your suspension movement!

I saw somewhere on this forum about brake squat/jack with other deisgns (VPP, Monoshock, Cantilever etc) - very informative read, i'll try to find it

Now rollin the Big Hit

does not exist....

I can not tell if there is any? Seems great

I recently built up a big hit and am super impressed coming from a single pivot Haro X2, and i have also had a ton of time on the Stinky series of bikes. They really don't compare and i now see why the horst link or 4 bar link lease is paid 4 by so many companies.

It's a whole new level of bike as far as i'm concerned. But keep in mind that my experince is limited, and my own.

I say swoop one up if you have the chance or even Demo one from a a local shop to see if it's really worth the cash in your case.

Peace,
    John
    Hailing from Reno, NV by way of Vegas...
    Now rockin the Big Hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rbx
    Im looking into a 2006 Big Hit fsr III i was just wondering if you guys ever experienced brake squat or jack with big hits?
    After 2 years on a Stinky, I can honestly say that the Bighit has almost No brake jack or brake squad.

In my opinion an FSR pedals just as good or bad as a single pivot, itís mostly the shock that makes it a good pedaller or not.
    The big advantage of a FSR is the superb braking and tracking even in the most rough or miserable conditions.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Oh guys
    i'm just a fan of Specialized ,i have an enduro 04 and a bighit comp that i'm going to sell so that i can buy a gemini 2000.am i doing wrong?
    i'm afraid i am switching from a very good suspension sistem (fsr)to a not very working well one(monocross)