mtbr member

biggest tire size on 06 enduros

im going to get some tires for racing DH on it this year, just curious whats the biggest size/model tires you guys have fit in.

06 enduro expert.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand/of/Midas
    im going to get some tires for racing DH on it this year, just curious whats the biggest size/model tires you guys have fit in.

06 enduro expert.
    the largest i've mounted were maxxis mobster 2.7's on a 5.1d. no issues with clearance on a true wheel.

long standing member
    im going to get some tires for racing DH on it this year...06 enduro expert.
    OT question: What fork are you going to be running on it for DH racing?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    OT question: What fork are you going to be running on it for DH racing?

the stock fox 36. i know your probally thinking this isnt a DH bike, but im a light rider who rides a rigid xc bike and bmx,and this is prenty of bike for me for DH.

long standing member
    the stock fox 36. i know your probally thinking this isnt a DH bike, but im a light rider who rides a rigid xc bike and bmx,and this is prenty of bike for me for DH.
    I'm sure the 36 is plenty stiff enough. On rougher tracks I bet you'll be wishing for a bit more travel front and rear, but hey...ride what you've got, right?

I was asking about the fork because I'm considering running a 170mm Marzocchi 66 on my Enduro and I was curious if you were doing something like that. A few people have and there seem to be mixed opinions about it.

Stray Bullet
    If you're racing you'll want the smallest tires you can get away with for the course. Big ole tires will slow you down a ton!