mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Best Pricing Question? Stumpy/Enduro

I want to buy either a Stumpy FSR or Enduro sometime this month or early August. Both would probably be at the Comp level but I may be able to upgrade the Stumpy to the next group or so.

My question is...has anyone been successful in negotiating 20% or more off of MSRP this time of year. I'm expecting late summer sales to be slow in this economy but I don't know how much latitude Specialized gives it's dealers.

Thanks

S1

the #1 Stunna'
    S1

I have bad news for you.....Bikes sales are up over 120% well at least in this market. 2 years ago you could have gotten 15% or so off the bike if you looked around, but this year the bike shops around here can not keep them on the floor. that is going to hurt you.....I have not seen one sell below MSRP in about 3-4 months.....Good luck man
    I has Bikes

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Poke around online and see if any shops are running specials. Most likely you should wait another month if you're set on finding a deal, but you never know. I got a hold of my Enduro SL Comp for $1999 last October - a steal. If you wait you might be rewarded, but it will require the patience of Job.
    If your bike isn't dirty, it isn't happy.

the #1 Stunna'
    yeah if you can wait for the '09s to come out, you will be able to get a deal.

there is an S-works Enduro here in town (07) for like 2500

But buying a current year may not get you a "cheap" bike
    I has Bikes

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Be sure to make sure your LBS is participating in the "Celebration" promo. Spending that much on a new Spec will get you $250 in Spec gear.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I've seen shops around town selling 08 Stumper Jumper 29er Expert for between $3000 to $3300. After some talking, my friend picked up one for $2500. I'm hoping to get the 26" version for the same price.

Oz
    mtbr member
    I was at my LBS a couple days ago with a friend who was looking for a bike, probably a Rockhopper. The dealer had the specs on next years models and the bikes are lesser specs for the same kind of price. I don't know if this is true on the higher end bikes but you might want to get an '08 while you can. There was also very limited availability on sizes. Just food for thought. Be sure to post some pics when you get your bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    So far I've found the Enduro at 2755.00 and the Stumpy at 1995.00. Pre tax of course. I did have one dealer tell me Specialized is still having a lot of trouble with the forks on the Enduro. Another said he'd replaced a few cartridges earlier in the year but he hasn't seen any bad ones recently. A third said he hasn't had any issues with them at all. Who knows?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    SJ Expert retailed for $3,700 here in Canada, I picked it up for $2,800. Seemed like a good % drop to me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Don't worry about the forks on the Enduro - there's a 5 year warranty on them and I have had ZERO trouble with them, besides finding the sweet spot when tuning them, but that's common to all forks. Just my experience.
    If your bike isn't dirty, it isn't happy.