RTM
    #1 Latex Salesman

best chain guide for demo 9 pro

hey guys, I've got no knowledge when it comes to chain guides. my demo 9 is set up as pictured below. dual chain ring, but if the best chain guide forces me to lose the inner ring, that's OK. I was looking at the e13 SRS, would that bolt right on?

Last edited by RTM; 10-02-2005 at 06:48 PM.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten." - Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Specialized has a strange tilt to their ISCG mounts, so some chainguides will simply bolt to them, some need to be slightly modified a little, some need to be mounted with the bottom bracket. My advice in that area is to determine which chainguide will work best for your needs, then take it to a bike shop that is competent in setting up chainguides to do the installation. Getting a chainguide set up correctly is sometimes difficult and absolutely necessary.

The e-13 SRS is a *very* good chainguide as well as the MRP System 2. The MRP is better IMHO as a race bike guide, where the e-13 may be a better freeride type guide. If you want to keep your small ring, my advice would be to check out the e-13 DRS (Dual Ring Security). That's the best one I've had any experience with when it comes to using two chainrings.