mtbr member

New question here. Aperances might be deceiving...

Hello hello,

As this is my first post i first want to say hi to all, i have ridding spec's bikes since i was 14 when i got my first real mountain bike, never wanted a different kind. Then i joined the Marine Corps and have been out of riding for a few years due to heavy traveling.
    Anyway on to my question, i am looking at a specialized epic comp in my size, i am rummaging around on ebay and i find one that claims to be a 2007 for cheep (score! or so i think...) so i bid on it while its low. Well as we all know while waiting for your item to be won or not won, you check the thing out at least 10 times a day (ok... maybe thatís just me) and i start to notice something weird about it, the top tube right were it connects to the seat tube doesnít look to have the little brace. First i think i am just being a little paranoid and save it and do some zooming in, it still doesnít seem to have the little brace there. I do some more searching and it looks like the 2003 epic comp doesnít have this little brace either and comes in the same color that this person is claiming his bike is (I am not sure cause i cant find a good picture of the 2003, but i have seen them with out the brace.) Does anyone know something that i donít? Does any of the epic comps not have the brace from the top tube to the seat tube? Possibly not the 2007? Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Got_Pedals?; 11-29-2007 at 07:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Don't the size S frames not have the brace????
    Building: ​Boardman 2010 HT Pro
    Current Joy: '11 Giant Anthem X
    Previous Joy: '09 Commencal Meta 5 VIP

mtbr member
    Size small frames do not have the brace.

mtbr member
    Ahh... thank you for clarifying this with me, help me put my mind at rest.