mtbr member
    Sep 2012

Anyone running the Fox Terralogic on the Epic 29er

If so, how do you like it? I believe I broke the lockout mechanism on my reba, and was thinking of giving these forks a try.

Yall are full of valuable wisdom so I thought I would ask on here what you think.

Let me hear the Good or the bad. Thanks guys

Tony

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Devastating, I was hopin someone had tried them out.

T

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Please don't be devastated. Most run the stock Sid/Brain on the Epic but here is an old thread on TLogic. (see the review url listed in it at velonews )
    2011 Fox Terralogic?
    I would think it would work okay but will not have the range adjustability of the Sid/Brain specifically threshold for softness to very firm lockout for fireroads etc.
    Tested: Fox Talas 32 FIT Terra Logic

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I ran the 2011 Terralogic fork on my 26er S Works Epic. It is a very good fork and balances well with the Epic. The problem was that it would never achieve full travel, 80% at most. The SID/Brain 29er is a better fork. It feels plusher, achieves full travel and is much lighter and has great progressive travel.. The later versions are also quiet as some of the earlier ones rattled a bit(brain weight).

mtbr member
    There's some discussion of Fox Terralogic forks here (from around post #489 on).

My New S-work Epic impressions

I really liked the Fox F100 Terralogic fork on my 2010 Specialized Epic Marathon. It worked well, was reliable and balanced well with the brain rear shock.

The downsides of the Fox Terralogic fork are that they're very expensive if bought new, much heavier than a Rock Shox Sid fork and the complicated internals make it a fork that isn't straightforward to service. I sent mine to Mojo (Fox UK servicing) to be serviced so it wasn't any cheaper to run than a Specialized brain fork.