Got Homebrew?

Anyone Have One Of These?

So it's that time again. I've decided to replace or semi-retire my current ride and am shopping around for a new stead. I haven't been able to find any real reviews on the bike I'm thinking of buying. I'm currently looking at this year's Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro (the non-carbon fiber version of course since there is no way in hell I can swing close to 8 grand.) I'm just wondering if anyone has ridden one or has any general comments on Specialized. Thanks in advance.

mtbr member

Go for the Stump Pro-you will have no regrets

Mcginnis- go for the Stumpjumper Pro-that is one great bike. I tested the pro at my LBS. I have just purchased for my 40th birthday the Carbon Stumpjumper and have been very impressed. As far as Specialized-they are a first class company as far as I can tell top to bottom. I come from a Cannondale background/loyal rider and still love my Rush and Scalpel but Specialized stole me away from a one company rider/owner.

The research I did on Specialized and the Stump all pointed to very loyal riders, high praise for the products and service, well designed and thought out Web-page-all giving me great confidence in Specialized. You will not regret your decision--get the Stump. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    mcginnis, you will be very happy with a new Stumpy, I love my 05. If money is an issue at all consider the Expert as the only differences are compression adjustment on the fork, the Brain Fade shock (a great upgrade I'll admit), slightly lighter wheels and a Sram rear D instead of the XTR (kind of a wash if you ask me). These differences should save you a grand!