Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Anyone have any beta on the 2014 Camber Expert Carbon EVO or Camber EVO?

Anyone own one or gotten to ride one yet? Comparisons to the non-EVO Camber and StumpJumper FSR 29? I'm pretty interested in this bike. Looks like it could be a great trail bike.
    Last edited by mmckechnie; 10-14-2013 at 11:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    i havent ridden one of the new evos, but i seriously have my eye on one.
    my only ride at the moment is an enduro that i have also used for xc races and i think the camber evo would be great for that as well as more mellow trail riding.
    the evo expert also has what i see as the perfect build spec too. maybe i will have one by next summer.
    Juice

mtbr member

Good job! Camber Expert Carbon EVO

Hi I have a Camber Expert Carbon EVO on order and I have to wait until 12 of Nov (which is the ETA into New Zealand)
    I'm looking forward to tuning it to work for me

Pete

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I know when I was looking a month or so back we were looking at October delivery in the west and November in the east....I'm still trying to unload my Epic and Stumpy FSR to fund the purchase of an Evo Expert, don't really need to sell as I enjoy both bikes, but itching for something new and wouldn't going back to one trail FS 29er and a 29er HT.

The Camber Expert looks like a real nice bike as well and I'm very partial to the black/blue color, my only hold up on that bike is the carbon wheels, as I already have a set, so I may as well buy an EVO and put the carbon wheelset on the EVO...

If anyone is looking for a nice Epic Expert Carbon or frame only color Stumpy FSR build, let me know or they are in the classifieds...
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Juicen View Post
    i havent ridden one of the new evos, but i seriously have my eye on one.
    Same here. Does anyone know if the Pike on the Camber Expert Carbon EVO can be extended beyond 120mm of travel? I'm curious if they just added a spacer to set travel at 120, or if 120 is all you can get out of it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Has to be just a spacer as RS has always done in the past. Should be able to bump it to 150 if you wanted, I think 150 is the longest travel pike for 29" wheels.
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by grundy View Post
    Same here. Does anyone know if the Pike on the Camber Expert Carbon EVO can be extended beyond 120mm of travel? I'm curious if they just added a spacer to set travel at 120, or if 120 is all you can get out of it.
    I'd also like to know. I'd like to bump up the travel in the fork to 130mm or 140mm, but don't necessarily need that much in the rear. I like the rear to be a bit firmer and responsive, but wouldn't mind a bit more squish up front.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Most of the new RS forks, including the pike, don't use the all-travel spacers to adjust travel anymore (2013 and newer). They now require a different air spring kit. The spring kits are available through RS distributors but retail pricing is ~$150. Still a lot cheaper than a new fork, but no longer free like with the all-travel spacer system.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    erlau, thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    You mentioned that a new air spring kit can be purchased erlau. Would you be able to convert this Pike to a dual position air? Seems like it would be nice to be able to switch between long travel and standard on this bike. Thanks for any info

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I would suspect that you could change to dual position air system but I am not positive that is the case. I'd give SRAM a call before you order a it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    So I emailed SRAM and here is their reply in case anyone else is interested:

The travel of the new Pike Solo Air fork can be reduced internally by replacing the air shaft assembly. The minimum travel allowed on the new Pike fork is 120mm, max 160mm. For all spare parts, see our spare parts manual, found on the service portion of our website:

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/pG..._spc_rev_a.pdf

It is not possible to convert this fork to Dual Air, as it is designed for Solo Air only.

Regards,
    SRAM USA
    SRAM | Incremental enhancements. Perpetual improvements. Revolutionary Innovation.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    It sounds like he didn't understand what you were asking. The "dual position air" is the external travel adjust system available on some pike models. "Dual air" is the air spring system that allowed rider to independently adjust positive and negative spring pressure on older forks (up to 2012).

Most of the new forks, including the pike, use "solo air" spring assemblies but some models do use the "dual-position air" to adjust travel.

Anyways, you should be able to look through the spare parts catalog and determine if solo air and dual position air pike use all of the same parts (with the exception of the air assembly). If that is the case it would be an easy conversion.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Anyone get one of these yet? I know they pushed delivery until October in the West and November in the East a couple months back from originally September.

Has anyone touched based with a dealer lately on availability dates...

Looks like the Stumpy HT's are being delayed, so not sure if these are as well...

Really interested in a weight...
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I am interested in weight and ride review as well. I did find this review that says 27lbs but not sure about details (size,pedals,etc?)

2014 Specialized Camber Expert EVO, S-Works, Comp, 29er Camber Lineup - Sick Lines ? mountain bike reviews, news, videos | Your comprehensive downhill and freeride mountain bike resource

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I think I've read all the introductory/first ride reports/reviews a few times over. I'm surprised no one has posted up that they have ordered one...

I'm kind of back and forth between the EVO or buying the frame only Sworks, but I'd have to go with a different fork as they don't sell the 120 Pike off the shelf, and your not getting the slightly relaxed geo of the EVO, but I'm a fan off the all carbon frame/rear end, which would save almost 3/4 of a pound with the carbon rear and better carbon layup of the S works frame.

Does anyone have an updated delivery time for the EVO/ S works bikes?
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Glad you mentioned that. I did not realize that the evo did not have a carbon rear. My dealer was not sure but told me January for evo. They haves sworks cambers on the floor now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    January is ridiculous, when I orginally inquired back in August was told September in the West and October in the East...now the damn things aren't going to be here until January. Since I'm in FL, November-April is the time to ride, season is half over by then, may have to go the Stumpy EVO route, have seen a couple of them floating around already...
    Last edited by ds33gt; 11-12-2013 at 07:45 PM.
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member

Good job! Ordered Camber Expert Carbon EVO

Well I ordered an EVO back in September.
    The update ETA to me is this friday i'm just having to wait for it to come in the door.

Have new Salsa Bend 2 on order to fit, Crank Boot's waiting (Race Face), and planning to change the front Chainring to a 30T.....

1st Carbon Bike for me

Pete..

PS: I do live in New Zealand

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NZPeterG View Post
    Well I ordered an EVO back in September.
    The update ETA to me is this friday i'm just having to wait for it to come in the door.

Have new Salsa Bend 2 on order to fit, Crank Boot's waiting (Race Face), and planning to change the front Chainring to a 30T.....

1st Carbon Bike for me

Pete..

PS: I do live in New Zealand

Good to see someone ordered one!! Hopefully you get your bike on time, not sure what the issue is with US deliveries. No way I want to wait until January when these bikes were released in August.
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielM3 View Post
    Glad you mentioned that. I did not realize that the evo did not have a carbon rear. My dealer was not sure but told me January for evo. They haves sworks cambers on the floor now.
    Also saw in a few of the ride reports that the bike comes with carbon wheels, that does not seem to be the case, looks like 25mm wide aluminum Rovals.
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm 2014 Camber Expert Carbon EVO

Well after waiting for so long my new Camber Expert Carbon EVO turned up late wednesday afternoon.
    I stayed after work to build her up and ride her home, before dark.
    Tonight after a few adjustments I got to go for a 10 km test ride
    The most fun I have had in years, it just works as One and the ride is great.
    Thanks Big S

Pete

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NZPeterG View Post
    Well after waiting for so long my new Camber Expert Carbon EVO turned up late wednesday afternoon.
    I stayed after work to build her up and ride her home, before dark.
    Tonight after a few adjustments I got to go for a 10 km test ride
    The most fun I have had in years, it just works as One and the ride is great.
    Thanks Big S

Pete

When you have some free time post up some pics and get a weight for us. Have you ridden any other prior Cambers to compare the new EVO to?
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ds33gt View Post
    When you have some free time post up some pics and get a weight for us. Have you ridden any other prior Cambers to compare the new EVO to?
    Hi Yes I have been riding a test Camber Comp (2014) when I have been waiting for my new Bike.

With the Camber Comp I adjust the forks and shock over time But they every worked as One.

My New Camber Expert Carbon EVO once the sag was set it just work's out of the box! As One!

I have only changed a few things?
    Longer stem, 100mm
    Salsa Bend 2 23 degrees
    From SIP Grips to SIP XL Grips
    Crank (Raceface) Boot's
    Speedplay Frog Pedals! Because I have one leg shorter by 10mm and they are one of the few you can shim up.

Weight 12.2KG's

I'll post a few Photo's in the next few day's..

Happy Cycling

Pete...

mtbr member

Here She is

Today in the Sun

Anyone have any beta on the 2014 Camber EVO or Camber Expert Carbon EVO?-11021674765_bdbdfdf6c2_z.jpg

Pete...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast