mtbr member
    May 2006

Anyone have a 2014 Stumpjumper Elite?

Got one on hold that I will be picking up Thursday from the LBS. Huge improvement over my 5 yr old Pitch... Have looked everywhere for the weight of the bike but could not find it. Anyone have one and know the weight? How do you like it? Super stoked to finally get a new bike!

mtbr member
    Love mine. Don't know the weight. Riding it is the most fun I have ever had on a bike.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks for the reply! Hard to tell from the test ride but seems like a great bike, can't wait to take it out Friday!

mtbr member
    Assuming it's the FSR you're talking about I have the 2013 Elite size L. Bike out of the box was as heavy as sh..,total disappointment. The 2014 comes with a 34 fork so mind that.
    Swapped wheels with Roval Control Trail SL carbon,XT cassette,XTR brakes and went tubeless. Weight with XTR pedals is now 13.3 kg (29.3 lbs). It's a fun bike to go downhill in total safety but if you're into speed on flat and uphills forget about it. Even quick road transfer are a pain. Selling it to go back to an Epic. Great bike,just not for me. The 34 fork is a good plus,this bike was screaming for one.
    Last edited by Devastazione; 11-12-2013 at 06:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Re: Anyone have a 2014 Stumpjumper Elite?

I. But for the elite, i cant recommend it much enough. One of my friends own the 2013 model and he have loved it! It looks sharp too!

And no you will not outsprint an epic in uphill with the same amount power laid down, but i bet you will be faster as soon as there are some roots or rocks! And downhills...well, you even could race enduros with it, it is that capable
    Hope this helped, but be sure to check comp carbon too.
    Oh and dont forget the evo models if you ride technical trails!

Edit: sry didnt read the first post properly...
    Congratulations for an amazing bike!!

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I'm not sure what the elite is coming in at but this is where I am at:

2014 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO 29 (small)
    RS Pike Dual position air
    XX1 drivetrain
    XT Disc brakes
    Roval Carbon Control Wheelset w/ nobby nic 2.35 tubless

26.13 lbs w/ XT M785 trail pedals

mtbr member
    Just to add, yes, this bike is not "light". But I don't notice. Where I ride there are a lot of roots, and I can ride through that now like it isn't even there. I have had no problem getting it airborne and it climbs better than the FSR XC it replaced (and does everything else better as well).

Some people call this an XC bike, or Trail, AM, whatever. To me it is just a fun bike. For people like me, who just ride for fun.
    Last edited by eric1971; 11-12-2013 at 07:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Re: Anyone have a 2014 Stumpjumper Elite?

@bcbert
    What fork were the original?
    BTW that sounds like a sick build!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thank you all for the responses! Any info is greatly appreciated!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    One more, I am getting mine for $3750, what is/did everyone else pick theirs up for?

mtbr member
    Payed 3800

mtbr member
    May 2009
    My 2013 FSR Comp 26" in Small weighs just a touch over 29lbs mostly stock. The only upgrades are a Command Post Blacklite, ODI grips, Cycletrack flat pedals, and tubeless. There are a few upgrades I plan on doing eventually, but I don't care about the weight.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodwhistler View Post
    @bcbert
    What fork were the original?
    BTW that sounds like a sick build!
    The rockshox pike dual position air is the only fork I have run on it so far. It was a frame only from specialized

mtbr member

Anyone have a 2014 Stumpjumper Elite?

I have the comp 29, medium frame. Swapped roval carbon 29's, XO trail brakes and shifters, FIT cartridge upgrade on the recalled fork, and mine is down to 28lbs. P.s. I have the command post blacklite which adds weight.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Devastazione View Post
    Assuming it's the FSR you're talking about I have the 2013 Elite size L. Bike out of the box was as heavy as sh..,total disappointment. The 2014 comes with a 34 fork so mind that.
    Swapped wheels with Roval Control Trail SL carbon,XT cassette,XTR brakes and went tubeless. Weight with XTR pedals is now 13.3 kg (29.3 lbs). It's a fun bike to go downhill in total safety but if you're into speed on flat and uphills forget about it. Even quick road transfer are a pain. Selling it to go back to an Epic. Great bike,just not for me. The 34 fork is a good plus,this bike was screaming for one.
    sorry to barge in o this i must agree Epic is the most impressive bike i have ever ridden and i was stoked about the Carve Pro but the Epic is just anazibng i do on the other hadn hacve the carbon expert with brain x2 but man is it cool.

so the hting is i was about to get the SJ FSR Elite with brain in the rear and all but i got a sweet deal on the epic. after my accident that could have cot me my life.

but still SJ is what i have heard a great bike

mtbr member
    I just picked up one of these yesterday. Had it out twice already. I love it. The trail I normally ride on feels totally different with it. I went from a hard tail 2010 Rockhopper Comp 29 and this thing was a quantum leap in all departments. There was some hard pack snow on the trail and had a total blast. The tires were surprisingly grippy in the snow and thawed out muddy areas. I'll be out again tomorrow but going early so everything is frozen. I was going to order a 2014 Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29 but after test riding this I had to have it. The owner of the store gave me a really good deal for black friday, also got some platform pedals which I really like. And a water bottle holder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a 2014 Stumpjumper Elite?-img_1321.jpg  

Anyone have a 2014 Stumpjumper Elite?-img_1324.jpg  

Anyone have a 2014 Stumpjumper Elite?-img_1325.jpg  

Anyone have a 2014 Stumpjumper Elite?-img_1329.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    wow nice ride!

This might be a stupid question but I though the new command post had an internal cable routing?

mtbr member
    A short section of it goes through the frame. Not all of it is internal.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Great looking bike! Love mine. Got ten rides so far, huge improvement over my Pitch. Now to part out the old bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by judd1980 View Post
    Great looking bike! Love mine. Got ten rides so far, huge improvement over my Pitch. Now to part out the old bike!
    Hey could you post a close-up pic of your command post thumb lever on your left grip? I'm pretty sure my LBS didn't install the angled silver fitting since it's loose in a bag they gave me. I saw it in a picture of somebody else's. I just wanted to see what other hardware there might be needed with it. I can probably fix it myself.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone have a 2014 Stumpjumper Elite?-img_1333_reduced.jpg