Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Anyone have a 2010 epic marathon ? weight ?

looking at the 2010 epic marathon. any feedback ?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've been waiting 3mo for mine, they got delayed because of the recall but they should be hitting anyday now.

mtbr member
    i got tired of waiting and opted for the 29er epic comp (same price as the marathon f/f for complete bike) and swapped out all of the parts. had it a few weeks now. love the ride! 29er is the way to go!

mtbr member
    I've been waiting 3mo for mine, they got delayed because of the recall but they should be hitting anyday now.

jimmyleggs

would love to here your thoughts when you get it
    Last edited by guvna; 12-20-2009 at 06:29 PM.

mtbr member
    oopps

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I have a large 2010 marathon, the brain recall was not for the 29er's...I have been riding it for near 2 months and love it. 25.0 lbs tubeless w pedals and a few other small things I kept from my 2009 Epic

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

My Epic Comp 29 size XL just came in last week-

Just under 29 lbs stock, which seems like a lot. But getting down to Marathon weight costs about $50 per ounce!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    for me and were I ride with alot of techical climbing its all about the weight and not wanting the heavier wheels, so I'll keep waiting and ride what I have for now.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyLeggs
    for me and were I ride with alot of techical climbing its all about the weight and not wanting the heavier wheels, so I'll keep waiting and ride what I have for now.
    Perfect for the epic

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Jimmy-What wheels are you riding?

What wheels are the rest of you riding? What combos have you found to weigh less than the stock marathon Roval wheelsets?

Big ring = No chainsuck
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotek

What wheels are the rest of you riding? What combos have you found to weigh less than the stock marathon Roval wheelsets?
    I've got a set of the Industry Nine XC wheels. The are a little lighter than the Rovals, a whole lot stiffer, much quicker engagement, and a whole lot sexier. The Ultralights are a bit lighter still with the Stans 355 rims.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes...
    That way, when you criticize him you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrotek

I was just saying for me, I perfer the 26" wheel for the lighter wieght vs the 29" so I'm still waiting for mine to cross the pond.

mtbr member
    I'm with you Jimmy, they should be shipping very soon. Can't wait to here some reviews or post my own. With a few mods I should be able to get it down close to S-WORKS weight for alot less money.I have heard they are about 24lbs stock.I am thinking the S-WORKS 2 by crank will fit right in.

mtbr member
    Looks like these babies are starting to ship. I'm gettin ready to pull the trigger on one - and an S-WORKS crank. Who has railed on one of these ?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm getting mine for about $ 4280.00, alot of cash to be sitting on for 3 months.

mtbr member
    How do you get that price ?

Big ring = No chainsuck
    The S-Works crank is sick. I had one last year...amazingly stiff, and I love the double. Think I'm going with the XX this year though just for availability issues.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by guvna
    How do you get that price ?
    its a big dealer, and its the fourth big bike I've bought between mtn/road myself and wife. Still have to pay tax though

mtbr member
    May 2005

'09 marathon

I've got an '09 aluminum marathon. straight out of the box it was 25.2 lbs. I would imagine the '10's would be comparable or lighter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nc-rider
    The S-Works crank is sick. I had one last year...amazingly stiff, and I love the double. Think I'm going with the XX this year though just for availability issues.
    Ya, i think i'm going with the double [26x42] anybody know how this will work with the direct mount XT front der ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyLeggs
    its a big dealer, and its the fourth big bike I've bought between mtn/road myself and wife. Still have to pay tax though
    That's awesome Jimmy, sounds like they take care of good customers.Good luck in getting your marathon. send us an update!

Big ring = No chainsuck
    Just built my '10 Carbon Marathon up yesterday. 24.9lbs out of the box with XT pedals. Not quite as light as I was hoping, but getting my XX crank in shortly, switching to I9's and tubeless, and then we'll see how it looks.
    Also, generally speaking, going to a compact means that the derailleur is going to be a little high with the direct mount, so going to a compact front d can help a lot (like the XX). Other than that, direct mount compact front ds are hard to find.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by guvna
    Ya, i think i'm going with the double [26x42] anybody know how this will work with the direct mount XT front der ?
    speaking with a specialized re-- looks like no 26x42 even thu it is listed on the web page. I was told that they for 2010 the opted to roll with the sram spider and chain sets -- mine has been b/o for some time 28/42 the other option is 26/39.. but I would be silly not to mention that this is what I have been told -- it may not be a fact --
    Jt

Here are a few Video Trail Guides I shot - just for fun:
    http://destinationproductions.com/cu...PassionTrails/

mtbr member
    May 2008
    can you post fotos please?

Always pushing harder!!!
    we want pics!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast