mtbr member

Any one seen an 08 Epic yet?

I just got word that my team bike is shipping, 08 Epic S-Works. It should be here early next week. I was wondering if anyone has seen or ridden one yet? Any thoughts?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Sounds like they're all shipping out now. I just got a call from my LBS saying my '08 S-Works Epic is arriving early next week as well. Anyway, the snow has fallen now - looks like I'll be staring at it longingly through the winter.

Any suggestions on what to do with it through the winter - maybe hang it from the Christmas tree as an ornament - should be light enough? Ha ha

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ERMD
    Sounds like they're all shipping out now. I just got a call from my LBS saying my '08 S-Works Epic is arriving early next week as well. Anyway, the snow has fallen now - looks like I'll be staring at it longingly through the winter.

Any suggestions on what to do with it through the winter - maybe hang it from the Christmas tree as an ornament - should be light enough? Ha ha

Nah, throw on a slick rear, set it up on a trainer, and hammer till the snow melts. All those boring base miles in your garage will pay off when you crush people at the races

I Wanna Be Sedated
    I'm expecting my '08 SW Epic to show up next week as well. Then again, the delivery seems to have been delayed a few times already so I'm not holding my breath.

With all the snow and the few winter-rideable trails not packed down yet, I've resorted to hammering away with the road bike on the trainer. I look forward to the Epic, hopefully I'll like it enough to sell my hardtail...
    Jouko

mtbr member
    Ah i cant wait to ride the new 08 epic, unfortunately it is taking Africa a few more weeks to get in... *cries*

I Wanna Be Sedated
    I just went to see my S-Works Epic, I even had the pleasure of opening the box like a kid at Christmas. I'll have to go back toorrow with the camera for some pre-build pictures.
    Jouko

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ive got one just bought it last week, its only a comp but the titanium colour is stunning for me so i bought it, im upgrading a few parts tomorrow trying to get it down to around 26 pounds, right now its over 27

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I ordered an '08 Epic Marathon in early November, but apparently it won't land in Australia until after New Years. I'm counting down the days bit it's taking forever, the best I can do is constantly gaze at iton the website.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    There are some people yet

JSQ
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ERMD
    Ride it? Riding on hardpacked snowy trails is awesome!

mtbr member

Orson?

Orson, Did you build that up from a frame only, if so how much did it weigh? or did you swap out some of the parts. Why did you go with Mavic's?

WOY
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bn_acyclist
    Orson, Did you build that up from a frame only, if so how much did it weigh?
    I just picked up a 08 S-Works frame set, the medium frame with the carbon seatpost (220g by itself) no headset nor the cable guides weigh in at 2418g. The 3 cable guides with screws is 11g and headset is 59g. So all together it adds up to 2488g. If you want to use the OEM chainstay guard it is another 45g.

However the 2008 frame does not seem to have the clear protective film that is on the down tube of the 06 and 07 S-Works carbon frames.
    Last edited by WOY; 12-17-2007 at 06:35 AM.