mtbr member

Any one put a manitou rear shock on a stumpy

Any one put a manitou rear shock on a Stumpjumper...dont hang me for heresey hear iam just asking...

But has any one ever tried a swinger on a stumpy? why does it have to be a Fox is there a geometry reason ???

I have riden a few shocks and on the whole i think i prefer the manitou swinger to the fox...although i really liked the 03/04 AVA float.

whats your experince if you have tried this out..

mtbr member
    Jul 2003

No heresey involved....

Quote Originally Posted by mzungo101@yahoo.co.uk
    Any one put a manitou rear shock on a Stumpjumper...dont hang me for heresey hear iam just asking...

But has any one ever tried a swinger on a stumpy? why does it have to be a Fox is there a geometry reason ???

I have riden a few shocks and on the whole i think i prefer the manitou swinger to the fox...although i really liked the 03/04 AVA float.

whats your experince if you have tried this out..
    just rider preference more than anything I think. I tried a Swinger 3 way on my 05 Stumpy and didn't really care for it even after getting everything set up properly. The 3 way gave a harsher ride no matter how I set it up even with the platform dialed down to absolute minimum. I like the option on the stock Triad of completely dialing out the platform, IMHO it makes for a more active and compiant ride, but the platform is still there if you need it. The only thing that would make the Triad even better would be two levels of platform stiffness plus the wide open setting and forgetting the lock out, I've never used it and see no need for it. Other than that the Swinger was a good shock, I just didn't like the ride characteristics with it on my Stumpy. From what I have seen in the forums there are those that like the Swinger and those that don't, kind of a love it or hate it thing. But I don't think there's any heresy involved. If you've been able to try the shock on your Stump and you like it, great! I've only had one bike that I DIDN'T find something that worked better than the stock rear shock and that's my current Stumpjumper. Anyway, if you like the Swinger on your Stumpjumper go for it. Nobody's gonna shoot you over it I'm sure. You might get some funny looks from the die hard Fox fans, but hey, whose ride is it anyway!?!?

Good Dirt
    "I do whatever my Rice Cripsies tell me to!"