mtbr member

Any info on BigHit FSR III?

I'm looking for a downhill/Freeride type of bike for my 18 yr old son. I'm thinking this would be a pretty good bike for the money. Can't afford a Demo. Has anyone ridden this yet?
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box

Uphill? What's that
    I just got a 2007 bighit II about a month ago and I really like it. If you can find a good LBS, you can pick up an 07 model for about $1,000.00 less than an 08.

The Other Dude
    You cant go wrong with it, i have owned a big hit I, and a demo, and for the price, the big hit cant be beat.....or broken for that matter, its super tough, and can be ridden anywhere. I did everything from gap jumps, to some pretty decent drops (some didnt end up so pretty) and it held up fine, i was also able to pedal it, i actually did the 17 mile XC loop by my house with it for a week when my other bikes were in the shop, it pedaled great.....i wouldnt dare try that on my demo.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member

Thanks...

Sounds like the Big Hit is the most bang for the buck.
    "The quality of the box matters little. Success depends upon the person who sits in it."
    The Red Baron
    I need a better box