Mootsie

Any ideas on repairing a major scratch ona Specialized carbon frame?

Hey all, I sold my road bike, a Tarmac Expert to help get an S-Works Stumpjumper. As I was packing the wheels, the axle scraped the hell out of the downtube past the clearcoat and decal. Anyone know if this can be touched up or repaired?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by bruinbiker; 12-08-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: added picture

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Paint and clear coat. Only option IMO.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinbiker
    Hey all, I sold my road bike, a Tarmac Expert to help get an S-Works Stumpjumper. As I was packing the wheels, the axle scraped the hell out of the downtube past the clearcoat and decal. Anyone know if this can be touched up or repaired?
    AAAGGGHHH!!!! Thats horrible. The first scratch should be from ride time. If its any consolation, in a couple years it'll be so banged up you wont care anyway.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    re-read the orginal post, he damaged the bike he sold. OP, good Luck fixing that.

mtbr member
    would suck if you just bought it back. I would show whoever bought it and just offer a coulple hundred bucks back.

cougarbait
    if it's not fully penetrating the resin , you can get away with sanding/buffing it down to 2000grit or so, then clearing and re-applying a decal
    Otherwise, you will have to attempt to fill it in with some resin, and do the above
    09AS-Rsl/09Six