mtbr member

Any common problems with the 04 Triad on the SJ?

I've been reading about problems with the Septunes and Triads on later bikes getting stuck down. Do the 04's have the same problems?

Thanks.
    Lou.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT
    Trek Rigid SS - No suspension, no gears....no problem

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider
    I've been reading about problems with the Septunes and Triads on later bikes getting stuck down. Do the 04's have the same problems?

Thanks.
    Lou.
    Haven't experienced problems myself and never noticed anyone else on this forum have problems with this shock.

Gravity Rides Everything
    I think the triad was generally considered a better shock than the septune. i fried the pro-pedal on my septune in about 5 monthes (lotsa miles, but still)

those FSR100 frames rock. you're lucky to have one.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys, makes me feel better.
    It always seems like I when I buy something I find out something bad after the fact. IE, interest rates go down, bad consumer reports article, yada, yada, yada.

Lou.
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT

Your Imaginary Friend
    I have about 4,000 miles on my Triad and haven't had a single problem with the shock itself. The bushings are another story as they wear out pretty quickly which creates some "play" in the rear end of the bike (pick the bike up by the seat with the front wheel on the ground and, if you notice a little "click," your bushing probably needs to be replaced). It's a very cheap, quick fix though so it's really not that big a deal.
    There's a fine line between courage and foolishness. Too bad it's not a fence.

Gravity Rides Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by CranxOC
    I have about 4,000 miles on my Triad and haven't had a single problem with the shock itself. The bushings are another story as they wear out pretty quickly which creates some "play" in the rear end of the bike (pick the bike up by the seat with the front wheel on the ground and, if you notice a little "click," your bushing probably needs to be replaced). It's a very cheap, quick fix though so it's really not that big a deal.

betd.co.uk <--- pick up a strong shock bushing set. i had one on my enduro and it tightened everything right up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by endurowanker
    betd.co.uk <--- pick up a strong shock bushing set. i had one on my enduro and it tightened everything right up.
    Yep, I'll have to replace the DU bushing for the 2nd time already (got the bike in oct 2004).
    After this set I'll probably order a betd set.

Your Imaginary Friend
    I tried getting in contact with them to find out what I needed and never heard back. Are they usually this slow?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CranxOC
    I tried getting in contact with them to find out what I needed and never heard back. Are they usually this slow?
    Is there a U.S. distributor?

Lou
    04 Stumpjumper FSR Pro
    Airborne Ti HT

Gravity Rides Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by upstateSC-rider
    Is there a U.S. distributor?

Lou

i ordered direct. freight was pretty reasonable. they even gave me wholesale price cause i work for a shop.

they were quick for me. i don't know if they're having problems or what...

Your Imaginary Friend
    It's been several days and still no response. I wonder what the deal is. I'm not sure I'd order from a company that is completely unresponsive.

Goathead Gladiator
    i ordered direct. freight was pretty reasonable. they even gave me wholesale price cause i work for a shop.

they were quick for me. i don't know if they're having problems or what...
    I just ordered DU Bush + reducers set direct from Fox, $24 with shipping to SoCal. My shock has been bombproof so far and I'm 215lbs. I've serviced it once in 18 mths following the quicktime video on fox's website, easy to do. It was amazingly clean inside. I love it, I can't imagine not having a rear shock with lockout, it just seems like such a no brainer. I'm lighting fast flicking in and out of lockout too now, can do it without thinking.