z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Another Fox Triad stuck down.On a 06 FSR XC Pro(switched shocks)

I was out riding today in the snow. It was about 25 degrees out and snowing and all I heard was a pop. My shock was stuck down and I tried taking the air out and puting more in and nothing. I got sick of it and put a Fox float R on from a Cannodale Rush. I thought the ride would be terrible but really like the way the ride was. I know the Cannodale Rush has more travel but it seems to fit my bike okay. Well just wanted to let off steam on how bad the design is on the fox triad. Not the fox sticker is upside down because that is how it is mounted on the Cannodale Rush.

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Hic-A-Doo-La!
    So you had the shock already or the whole bike to take it from? I've had an 06 stumpy w/triad for a year now and it hasn't stuck down thankfully. Your bike looks new, I'd be pissed too if the shock crapped out within the first few rides. At least there's an alternative now. I'd put a float r on mine too.

mtbr member
    Kinda weird how alot of all the fox air derivatives get stuck in cold weather. Did you se the service tutorial for the stuck down shock on fox?

wayne
    89 Univega HT -???-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -stolen-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    94 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    97 Klien Mantra -sold-
    01 Specd enduro FSR
    02 Specd enduro FSR -sold-
    04 Specd stumpjumper FSR
    05 Specd enduro FSR Sworks

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Yea my bike is almost brand new and the shock craped out. You should not have to use any manual of any sort for a fix. I usually go on long rides 13 miles and I am glad I did not go on this day. The shock I got off a friend how upgraded there shock on the cannodale rush.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by z71
    The shock I got off a friend how upgraded there shock on the cannodale rush.
    The triad on my SJ has been fine for 2 years, but I ride in socal. Havnt had any probs w/my DHX5-A on the enduro yet either. Knock on mudd

wayne
    89 Univega HT -???-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -stolen-
    92 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    94 Specd SJ HT M2 -sold-
    97 Klien Mantra -sold-
    01 Specd enduro FSR
    02 Specd enduro FSR -sold-
    04 Specd stumpjumper FSR
    05 Specd enduro FSR Sworks

z71
    mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    What makes me made is I really don't even ride real hard. I don't have time to. So I ride just on bike trails. I can't believe for what you would pay for a bike like this it is useless with a crap shock that they use. It really makes you think.

Mud Boy
    Nov 2004

cross your fingers on the Float R

the Triad on my 06 FSR never suffered the stuck down issue. Although, after 4 months of use, PUSH did rebuild it. I upgraded to an RP23 also off a Cdale Rush. On the second ride, the shock got stuck down.

Outside air temp was about 40 at the ride beginning. Temperature seems to sometimes be a factor here. Be mindfull, it is not only the Triad that suffers "stuck down", but all Fox Float air shocks.

So enjoy the increased pereformance of the Float R, but don't be surprised if it gets stuck down also.

If your bike is still under warranty, have Fox repair the Triad too. That way, you'll have a spare if(or when) the Float R craps out.