mtbr member

After market 2011 Command Post?

I have finally decided to get a command post. I was planning on having to replaced the stock "hockey stick" syle lever with a joplin lever as part of the price, but it looks like specialized has redone the lever.
    Well at least there is a different lever out there. I called 1800specialized to ask about the new lever and they said what is pictured on the website is what is shipping. The website has the old lever.
    Has anyone purchased an after market 2011 5" command post?
    What lever and collar did it come with?
    I really want to get same one that is on the new 2011 EVO bikes.

Pictures for the assist.....

Old Style, No Likey lever

New Style Lever

New Style Collar too? Seems like there could be some improved seals here?

Thanx

Fat Skis/Fat Tires
    Agreed, that old lever has way too much play and is too flimsy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I've seen the new 125mm posts ship with both the old and new levers. I think they're working through the stock of old levers and the new one is a running change. The dealer probably doesn't now without opening the box. At my shops we've had some troubles with the old ones, and we just received the new levers for those customers to help them out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    i have had a bad experience with this post. bought this post in late 2009 didn't ride it till spring 2010, rode it twice and post kept sticking in up position. eventually when i managed to get it to stay down it would fire into my balls when hitting rough stuff. wasn't a cable tension issue. it wouldn't hold air in the chamber. sent back to specialized who stated that i had broken it through misuse by landing on it heavy. i rode this on xc trails without any drop off or jumping.
    i used to work as a specialized dealer and i have seen quite a few of these being sent back though my shop. ultimately i have to spend 55 on the service cost specialized charged me to fix this, there warranty is a joke. DONT BUY IT!