mtbr member
    May 2004

AFR rear shock eyelet bushing

The rear shock on my SL has developed some play at the top eyelet bushing after 5 months use. Not exactly surprising since this was a regular wear item on my 04 enduro. It appears that this bushing is not something that can be replaced with standard Fox bushings and reducers. The S shop I went to (not the one where I purchased the bike) said that the only way to get the bushing was to buy the whole suspension replaceable parts kit for $80. Seems a bit odd? Has anyone been through this repair and how did it go?

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I bet a Manitou bushing will fit there. Can your LBS check the size of one and see?

mtbr member
    2007 AFR bushing size was FOX size (0.5" x 0.5"), do not know about 2008 AFR.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I know that they are a different size than fox for 2008. I replaced my AFR on my SL with a DHX 5 coil and had to get some new reducers from fox because the specialized ones were too small.

Talk to a different specialized. shop. That seems crazy that you would have to spend $80 just to replace your shock eyelet bushings. If not betd.co.uk makes custom bushings that will never wear out.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks for the replies. I am going to a different shop now, probably the biggest one in New England where I got the bike. Over the phone even they searched for the appropriate bushing and did not have it. To me it looks different than the fox. I'll give them a few days to get the part(s).