mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Which Adjustable Seat Post

Which adjustable seat post should I go with?

Bike is a Specialized FSRxc.

I am leaning towards the Specialized Command Post but wanted opinions on the others out there like the Gravity Dropper, Maverick Speedball, and the Kind Shock i-900 series.

PVR
    Crash Test Dummy
    I sure like the Command Post but, given their cost, I'm not going to purchase any adjustable post until they are more reliable. Until its a maintenance free item (or almost) its not for me.

mtbr member
    I'm going to go with the KS I950 which has gotten some really solid reviews. the Command Post has gotten some solid reviews as well (the latest version).

mtbr member
    I really like my command post!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Anyone know anything about the SRAM\Rockshox Reverb post?

Sheffield,South Yorkshire
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrepeau
    Anyone know anything about the SRAM\Rockshox Reverb post?
    I know it's going to be 300 in the UK,that's 50 more than a Command and 120 more than a Joplin(Speedball)

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    So my decision is between the Spec Command Post and the Rockshox Reverb.

Price wise here in the states they are both $300.

I don't think that the difference that the Rockshox can be set at any place in the range that it travels matters to me. Basically I want the seat fully up or down and out of the way for descents.

The Spec is air and the Rockshox is hydraulic. I saw something that said the fluid is slower than the air from full up to down. So this would be somewhat of a big deal to me as the whole point is for the seat to get out of the way.

Hmmmm which way to go....... Blah.

I'm with stupid
    I have a ks950r on one bike and hoping to get a ks900r for my enduro when i get some spare cash. I really like that seatpost. I like the look of the reverb but its not a set back post which i need for my enduro. The ks works like a dream, it really changed my riding and being able to get full expension on a climb of flat then at a push of a button drop 5" to get low and back will change the way yopu ride. I WOULD RECOMMEND the KS.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I don't think that the difference that the Rockshox can be set at any place in the range that it travels matters to me. Basically I want the seat fully up or down and out of the way for descents.
    Get the Command Post.

In the very un-likely situation that the post completely failed ie: broke the cable, and lost all air pressure, you can still manually lock it into any of the three positions.

mtbr member
    So my decision is between the Spec Command Post and the Rockshox Reverb.

Price wise here in the states they are both $300.

The Spec is air and the Rockshox is hydraulic. I saw something that said the fluid is slower than the air from full up to down. So this would be somewhat of a big deal to me as the whole point is for the seat to get out of the way.

Hmmmm which way to go....... Blah.
    The speed with which Reverb goes up or down is adjustable, it can be fast or slow. I'll take hydrolic over cable any day, especially considering that hydrolic is done by the company that knows how to make hydrolic brakes. I think Darren from Push has had one for some time now, he posted it on this forum. And Push is planning on working their magic on Reverb just like they do on shocks and forks, and that alone will get me to buy Rockshox.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Been leaning more and more to going with the Reverb. From the one video I saw it looked like as long as you have it adjusted right the seat will get out of the way pretty fast on the reverb. Looks like it uses a 3 guide system too which should eliminate saddle wobble.

Thinking the Reverb is going to win this one.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Bike is a Specialized FSRxc.
    What size and year FSRxc do you have?

My wife has a '10 FSRxc Comp in small. The command post wouldn't work on her bike because even in the lowest position, it's higher then her seating position. There's a bend in the seat tube which prevents it from going in further. And it's not like you can cut it to fit.

It works great on my Stumpy FSR large frame.

Also, IMO, I would prefer only 2 settings! Full up and Full down. I

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    My Command post has been solid. I have an earlier version retroed with the new mechanics. No problems ever since the fix.

Had the opp to mess with the Reverb at Interbike....feels nice n solid. I like the fact that it will stop anywhere in its travel and the remote is $$.

If it were me and I didn't already have the CP....I would wait for the Fox Post to come out. Also saw that at Interbike. Virtually no play, 3 positions, and looks like a custom piece. The remote could be a little better IMO but this thing will be $. When adjusting it, It has a very solid feel and an audible "lock" when it reaches one of its positions. 2012 is a long way away tho...that sucks.

Here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3F-Y...eature=related

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I have the command post and like it. I have the version that had all the fixes for 2010. Having a problem where the part that holds the saddle and goes up and down rotates with moderate force. Specialized is replacing my post.

If I was going to buy a post now it would be the rock shox reverb for 2 reasons. First I like the idea of more then 3 positions, and 2nd Rock Shox stands behind there products like no other.
    TEX