mtbr member

650b and specialized.

You guys know if Specialized will be designing any of their current line around the 650b wheels? I know a certain amount of R&D would have to be dedicated to getting the geometry right, etc. I'm just curious that's all.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    No info on this, but if Specialized came out with a 650B Enduro I would be the first one in line to buy it.

Less talk, more ride...
    Mar 2010
    Specialized has said no 650B for now. They are sticking with 29ers. That may change in the future.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact

mtbr member
    May 2011
    all i've read is that they're not doing 650b. but i sure do love my converted epic
    '10 specialized epic comp carbon - 650b

mtbr member
    It seems to make business sense since the 29er has helped industry sales. People will buy them just to try them out. The question will be what will the industry do in 3 or 4 years after 650B?

mtbr member
    Nobody can see 3 or 4 years down the road but it almost seems unanimous that people have a deep interest in 650b

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I've said it a couple of times already in different sub forums but no one has paid attention. Expect a 650b SJ EVO mid season as a late release 2013 model. And remember you heard it here first.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm sure Specialized is working on something. I don't think they want to be left behind by not having a 650b model. A 650b Enduro or StumpJumper FSR would make a lot of sense, but I could also see them putting that wheel size into their hardtail line (RockHopper, Carve, StumpJumper) or their shorter travel full suspension line (Epic, Camber) for shorter riders or those of us who want choice (the 5 models listed above are 29er only for 2013).

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I was at a spec demo and made some noise about it, I believe i heard something about prototype in the works.

mtbr member
    They are working on something, I think the idea of the SJ FSR EVO is probably spot on!
    Hardrock 29er, Niner EMD9, Cannondale F29, Camber Expert, 650b Nickel all gone.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5 here.