Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005

New question here. 3 Chainrings w/additional Bash Ring for Enduro SL?

Hi Folks,

Has anyone found a Bash Ring for the Enduro SL that allows you to retain the use of the 3 chainrings? My LBS put a Salsa Bash Ring on the bike that bolted on perfectly. However the front derailleur on the Enduro SL canít be adjusted vertically and itís positioned so it just clears the largest chainring. Therefore the front derailleur hit the bash ring. According to my LBS I would have to trade the largest chainring for a bash ring of the same size.

Alternatively, if youíve replaced the largest chainring w/a bash ring does anyone know the lightest bash ring that will work? Iíve had great success with the e13 bash rings but they look to be pretty heavy. Thanks, in advance, for whatever help you can provide!

Michael
    If you can't keep the rubber side down......at least smile for the camera!

Moist and Delicious
    I'm using the XTR crankset, and I had to drop my largest ring off. Are you really going to need that big ring? My bet is no.

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005

Need = No....Like = Yes

Quote Originally Posted by nasai
    I'm using the XTR crankset, and I had to drop my largest ring off. Are you really going to need that big ring? My bet is no.
    Hi nasai,

Thanks for sharing your experience. To answer your question; No I wonít need it but I would like to keep it if possible. I only use two chain rings on my other three bikes but Iím using the SL for some road work to get to some local single track and the big ring is great for that application. What bash ring did you put on your SL and do you know what it weighs?

Thanks,

Michael

Moist and Delicious
    An E Thirteen Super Charger.

I don't know the weight. Sorry. It's light, though, and I get comments on it all the time. Clear Poly.... very tit.

The Other Dude

I ran one of those on my enduro SL without any problems, the Blackspire Big ring guards work great, i had the C4 one, they do make an alloy one also, but it weighs a good bit more, it allows you to keep your big ring. I had and SL Expert and it worked perfect on the XT crank it came with, with no derailleur issues.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

Purveyor of Trail Tales!
    Aug 2005

Good job! Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    I ran one of those on my enduro SL without any problems, the Blackspire Big ring guards work great, i had the C4 one, they do make an alloy one also, but it weighs a good bit more, it allows you to keep your big ring. I had and SL Expert and it worked perfect on the XT crank it came with, with no derailleur issues.
    Hi jut8,

Thanks for responding to my question. Given your loads of experience setting up these bikes Iíd hoped you would chime in. I spoke to Black Spire and they echo your recommendation suggesting I get the C4 Big Ring Protector Model #104. Iíll order one of those today.

Thanks again,

Michael

The Other Dude
    glad i could help Enjoy the new bike!
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net