mtbr member
    Sep 2008

... and if we just ... 29er Epic Sworks wait or not to wait

guys

LBS just called. the white black and red medium s works frame set is in the shop. NOW

My custom all black one wont be here for at least 2 months.

The former was my first choice until the all black was on the web site.

what are your thoughts?

bike event beginning and late april

i have a 26er stumpy still to ride in the mean time.....

I have the got to have it now feeling... going on.....

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Can you ride your local trails currently, or are you buried under snow? If you can't ride it now, I would wait for the color you want.

Also, is this "just another race bike", or more of a "trophy bike"? If it's really for racing, who cares what color it is? If you've been lusting specifically for the black, then wait for it. You've got another ride to keep you busy, as you mentioned...

You mentioned you have an event in late April; two months from now still gives you a few weeks to get it dialed in. On the other hand, if two months becomes 3 months, then you miss your event on the new ride, and passed up a few months of riding a new bike in a second-choice color.

Decisions, decisions...

Either way, you get to ride an awesome, top-flight rig; be happy either way!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    For reasons unknown to me Specialized is not meeting demand very well on some frames and bikes. If Specialized doesn't make enough black to fill demand you may miss out on both. Your LBS will have a better feel on this.

The Other Dude
    If the color is really important wait. If you can ride now, dont wait.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    I went with first available, as these damned things are rare like unicorns. I say get the bike built up and sort out all your early fit and misc issues.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Get the one they have now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I agree get the one they have in stock. I've been tracking on the Specialized dealer site the availability the last couple months(waiting on mine to come in) and it fluctuates a lot.
    Are you willing to gamble on a color?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    guys i am not going to gamble....... the shop has this one and if I dont take it someone else wants it already..... I am having it built up right now. thanks for the input and advice.

i actually like this color a lot as well. all good. thanks

The Other Dude
    Good Call! thats what I would have personally done too. But then again, i have been called impatient, lol.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

mtbr member
    Post some pics when it's built, please.
    Pedal Dammit!