Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 29" Enduro

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! 29" Enduro

Spy Shots: Specialized Enduro 29er - Features - Vital MTB

[Spyshots] Una Specialized Enduro da 29″? | MTB-Forum.it

Just wondering if this uses the fox 34 fork then there would be some overlap with the stumpy evo although the 26" stumpy evo and enduro both use a fox 34 so maybe not

mtbr member
    It's time to bring back the E-150 in 29'' mode, that would be really cool.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I've pieced together some more info on this, Interestingly on Jon Cancelier's twitter he mentioned that Keene might have been riding a 27.5 version, although Specialized claimed they were focussing purely on 29er only so not sure if he's just having a joke.

Elsewhere, the EnduroMTB.com Finale Ligure article reports of a new 2.3 Butcher tyre and confirms that the Enduro in the bikerumor piece are indeed of the big wheeled variety.

Specialized Enduro 2014? | Enduro Mountainbike Magazine

Specy 142 | Foto su MTB-Forum.it

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Why duplicate what is already out? A Stumpjumper FSR Evo 29er fits that niche. A 650B Enduro with an E-150 style fork would be a better idea.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Looks interesting.. Anyone know the travel on that thing? I agree with PB Matrix.. Looks to heavily overlap with the Stumpy evo 29..
    Check out my riding blog:

http://onetrailatatime.blogspot.com

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Overlap? Maybe, but I think they sell a boatload of both Stumpy Evo 26" and Enduro 26" - don't see how 29" would be any different. I'd put my money on this being 150/150mm.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    It's supposed to be 160mm rear and 150mm front but that just sounds like it'll be overkill for a 29er. I don't know of any other niners that are pushing that sort of travel off the top of my head.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Pictures look more like "frankenbike" made from Enduro front triangle and some 29inch rear end.
    To me it looks terribly tall and unbalanced - and frankly just ugly. It's all so contrary to the current tendency of low BB gravity bikes.
    Now as Cane Creek promises DBAir for 2010-2012 Enduros I will keep my carbon XL 2010 vintage as long as I can.
    I am totally OK with 29ers - and even plan to get AM 29 inch hardtail - but not in such package...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Wow that is a darn sexy bike. If SC never gets me my xxl LTc, I may have to save up for one of these. Definitely not the S-Works version- what's that gonna cost? 12k? Yikes. I agree with Noah, but they may also just eliminate the Evo version of the Stumpy 29er in favor of this.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by NoahColorado View Post
    Overlap? Maybe, but I think they sell a boatload of both Stumpy Evo 26" and Enduro 26" - don't see how 29" would be any different. I'd put my money on this being 150/150mm.
    Very true. I'm on a 26" evo and don't have a ton of time on a full sus 29er, but I like the idea of longer travel (TBLT, Evo, Satori etc) and think it is cool they are trying this out. Will be interesting to see.
    Check out my riding blog:

http://onetrailatatime.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Hmm. Interesting. Both bikerumor and vitalmtb have removed all traces of the story...?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Why does stuff like this get removed? Takes away all the credibility of the sites in my view when they act on what I presume is preasure from S... However, Specialized haveTHEMSELVES admitted this to be a 2013 model on their OWN SITE... Check out the protector at the far right on the link below, and you see its for a 2013 Enduro 29"... Oh, I took a screen capture so you cant REMOVE it!

Specialized Bicycle Components

T.

mtbr member
    They removed the story but not the pics..for your viewing pleasure

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    This thing will be pure sex. If it does come out I am selling my tallboy LTC in a minute.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I tweeted vitalmtb asking them why they pulled it down and they told me Specialized had said the time wasn't right. Specialized, if the time isn't right, don't send your entire squad of enduro riders to Finale Ligure on them and not expect it to draw some interest. I'm with Tommy D, it's your fault it hits the public domain Specialized so don't ask sites to take it down, makes you look like the Mafia.

Vitalmtb did tell me however that there is going to be a scoop on it in the coming months on their site...

p.s. Nice one to GTR2ebike for saving the pics! Hopefully the men from Specialized don't come knocking on your door...
    Last edited by the_terrible_1; 10-24-2012 at 12:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    If a story is "leaked" then "removed" it sure draws up a lot more interest than a simple preview or release. Makes it seem more important than it actually is

Marketing BS... and the Spec marketing team knows ALL about that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    If they are reading, make it in bare carbon like the second picture above, give it a carbon rear triangle (don't save it for 2016) and spec it with a Cane Creek DB. Oh, and Reverb Stealth capabilities please. Cheers.

Thanking you in advance.

(EDIT: Just found this pic of Keene at Finale Ligure with a team mate... The clearance for the front looks pretty slim which makes me think it's 27.5 wheels with a Lyrik. That or Rockshox have a Lyrik 29er in the works? OR, it might just be my eyes wishing for something that might not be there! )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29" Enduro-keene.jpg  

Last edited by the_terrible_1; 10-24-2012 at 05:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    yes, go with the terrible1's recommendations . . . . AND MAKE AN XL!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Brandon Sloane was on one as well. Here is a bunch of other pics I've found. Think we've cracked it guys...

Rep is of course appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29" Enduro-brandonsloan.jpg  

29" Enduro-keene-2.jpg  

29" Enduro-original_superenduro_finale_ligure_1.jpg  

29" Enduro-original_superenduro_finale_ligure_2.jpg  

29" Enduro-original_superenduro_finale_ligure_3.jpg  

29" Enduro-specialized-enduro-29.jpg  

29" Enduro-specialized-enduro-29-2.jpg  

29" Enduro-specy-enduro-29-spy-shot-7.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sergio8691 View Post
    Now as Cane Creek promises DBAir for 2010-2012 Enduros
    where did you hear this info?
    Juice

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Not sure I dig the 29er Enduro. I wonder how it would handle steep switchbacks? A 26er Enduro would kill it on the tight stuff, why hasn't Specialized jumped yet on 650b? Im so sick of 29ers kool-aid, Ive tried it and didn't like it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    I think they're going to release a 650B and 29er version of this.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I'm already saving for it ,the whole 29ers can't do steep or switch backs is rubbish,

I've just come back from riding the trails in Molini in Italy,some of the steepest techy switch backy trails in europe on my transition bandit 29 er and it was awesome,I've been before on various other bikes and it was no problem ,I had to take a slightly different line but when the trails opened up the bike was scary fast

I've been dipping my toes into the whole 29er thing slowly over the last 3 years and I'm totally convinced now and goner invest in some 29 er carbon and this bike is high on the list

Creepy tooth fairy

Could be huge...

...the lack of a laid back 29'er squarely in the AM range has kept me away from them. Now the tide is turning. The one I demo'ed, a Kona Honzo climbed awesome and shredded downhill far better than any 29'er I have been aboard. I did not feel it had any of the twitchy XC handling issues that have been the hallmark of every 29'er I have ridden over the last ten plus years. You name it, I have ridden many and did not like any of them. Now, I am considering a TB LT with an angleset for next year as SC kept the headangle steep at 69.5 degrees versus the 67 (with a 140 fork) of the Honzo.

I hope that the_terrible_1's postulate of a 29'er Lyrik becomes a reality. I have run some type of Lyrik since '07 and its simple reliability and performance are outstanding.
    the going won't get good 'til I'm good and gone

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast