mtbr member
    Feb 2004

27.2 XCP Dropper Post Details

Ran into the spesh rep at my LBS yesterday and asked about the new dropper post. No definitive details, but will be available in the fall timeframe and will be between $400-$500.

I told him that the KS Lev 27.2 sounded much better because of the price and the amount of travel. I guess the main attraction is that it is internally routed and pretty much the lightest dropper out there. I don't know about y'all but I think I'd rather have the weight penalty and external routing over the price and travel limitations. Thoughts?

NedwannaB
    Yeah I looked at them with a spec shop mngr. Looked interesting. He didn't have price but if what $$ you're quoting is true that's a lot of dough for ~1-1/2" of travel. I'll pass.
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

Pixie Dust Addict
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by msbihli View Post
    Ran into the spesh rep at my LBS yesterday and asked about the new dropper post. No definitive details, but will be available in the fall timeframe and will be between $400-$500.

I told him that the KS Lev 27.2 sounded much better because of the price and the amount of travel. I guess the main attraction is that it is internally routed and pretty much the lightest dropper out there. I don't know about y'all but I think I'd rather have the weight penalty and external routing over the price and travel limitations. Thoughts?
    I have a 100mm drop Command Post on my XC bike (Turner Czar), and when I drop it 90% of the time it's the 1" drop. Just enough to get the saddle out of the way for most stuff that I take that bike on. I love the idea of a lightweight 1" drop post, but I would much prefer one that is a)30.9mm diameter and b)is designed around an externally routed cable to a fixed point on the post (similar to a KS Lev or a Gravity Dropper Classic). With the extra space in the post due to the smaller drop, this, to me, seems like it should be feasible. Until then I don't have much use for the XCP post.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I haven't used a dropper post before, so I didn't realize that you wouldn't use full travel of a normal one most of the time. Interesting. Well, I guess I'll wait for a review to come out and see what they say about it. That is a lot of cash, but it is a lot lighter than anything out there right now and as far as I know, the only other option is the KS Lev 27.2.