Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Enduro

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

2018 Enduro

Here are some details on this years Enduro (in French).

Highlights include 150mm dropper and a high/low setting. Unless there's a typo the 29er drops to 160mm of rear wheel travel, too, and it's grown slightly with 12mm of added WB on the large.
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er
    2003 Gary Fisher X-Caliber

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

2018 Enduro

And Ohlins fork 36 on Elite model

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    If those numbers are right the medium has got 10mm longer and the large 12mm. A step in the right direction at least.

The much anticipated and unwanted pivoting dropper is here too!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Could the growth just be a new link? It looks like it's adjustable for high/low too. Those who wee pissed about the 352mm BB can now have it at 346.
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    That's just 29/650b Plus. If they did anything linkwise to lower the BB the reach would have shrunk.

I reckon I can see the extra 10mm reach between the forward shock mount and headtube.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

2018 Enduro

Curious about what shock will be running Pro Carbon and S Works models

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JCL View Post
    That's just 29/650b Plus. If they did anything linkwise to lower the BB the reach would have shrunk.

I reckon I can see the extra 10mm reach between the forward shock mount and headtube.
    I'm not sure I follow... would that mean stretching the frame itself? Wouldn't that involve changing the molds and be incredibly expensive a year into the design cycle?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mumphry View Post
    I'm not sure I follow... would that mean stretching the frame itself? Wouldn't that involve changing the molds and be incredibly expensive a year into the design cycle?
    If what I read from a foreign dealer's website is correct, the 2018 will have adjustable geometry with a high and low setting. Here's the quote:

"And to ensure top-level performance on the descents, this material choice is greeted by 160mm of plush rear and 160mm front travel, plus a geometry that can be "adjusted" via a shock extension with a "low/high" setting."

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Well that is jolly exciting. Some big revisions for a year old bike!

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I was talking to an R&D guy recently who was telling me the mould cost isn't anything like the numbers being thrown around. The industry loves it as it justifies the ridiculous carbon prices.

Anyway great news on the adjustable extension If that part isn't available they'll be a mutiny!

mtbr member
    I opened the thread thinking what the hell is this about? Specialized just released a new enduro few months ago surely there is nothing new to see...and look at that, it looks like they made some real changes.
    if this is real and it look like it is this is a huge let down for current owners...

mtbr member
    Its like cellphones, every year your old phone is basically junk!

Quote Originally Posted by odin View Post
    I opened the thread thinking what the hell is this about? Specialized just released a new enduro few months ago surely there is nothing new to see...and look at that, it looks like they made some real changes.
    if this is real and it look like it is this is a huge let down for current owners...

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by odin View Post
    Agreed. I keep saying they don't really know what they're doing. People will start believing me at this rate.

I'm currently on a large and find it just about long enough with a 40mm stem so a +10mm medium wouldn't be any good to me either. Check out Giant's new Reign reach numbers for where Specialized should really be. That said I'd like to try the new large but I'm more interested in the shock extension.
    Last edited by JCL; 07-26-2017 at 11:12 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

mtbr member
    The '17 is hardly junk. I still have no idea what "reach" is and frankly don't give a shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Well I'm confused. The translated article says:

"As you can see, Specialized has not touched the chassis and the kinematics . On these last points, most of the changes have already been made last year with the 2017 vintage, namely with a more open steering angle, a longer horizontal tube, short bases and a lower pedal box. For the 2018 version, we only see an upgrade of some equipment (new seatpost of 150mm, new SRAM Code R brakes ...) and the appearance of new colors with pink for example . If you have the 2017 model, do not expect big changes."

Yet some of the geometry figures are different from 2017. Comparing the pictures of the 29 Coil bike with a 2017 Pro Carbon 29/6Fattie, the frame looks the same to me so perhaps the numbers are off.

mtbr member
    This is all 29er, whats up with the 650b?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I was talking to an R&D guy recently who was telling me the mould cost isn't anything like the numbers being thrown around. The industry loves it as it justifies the ridiculous carbon prices.

Anyway great news on the adjustable extension If that part isn't available they'll be a mutiny!
    I've heard the same thing said about carbon outside the bike industry too. I remember reading an article about an Alfa Romeo saying that aside from labor, tooling is a major barrier to mass adoption of carbon parts in the auto industry.

Either way, I agree the extension is great news. I'm curious about what it does to the rest of the geometry... I'm wondering if WB and HA change as well, the way they do on Treks Mino Link bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by paulcd View Post
    Well I'm confused. The translated article says:

"As you can see, Specialized has not touched the chassis and the kinematics . On these last points, most of the changes have already been made last year with the 2017 vintage, namely with a more open steering angle, a longer horizontal tube, short bases and a lower pedal box. For the 2018 version, we only see an upgrade of some equipment (new seatpost of 150mm, new SRAM Code R brakes ...) and the appearance of new colors with pink for example . If you have the 2017 model, do not expect big changes."

Yet some of the geometry figures are different from 2017. Comparing the pictures of the 29 Coil bike with a 2017 Pro Carbon 29/6Fattie, the frame looks the same to me so perhaps the numbers are off.
    I think the changes come from an adjustable spacer/link on the shock. That would explain why rear wheel travel drops 5mm.

Quote Originally Posted by rcjonessnp175 View Post
    This is all 29er, whats up with the 650b?
    The link above has the 650b as well.

Edit: I'm looking at the 2017 and 2018 29er coils side by side and I can't see any difference in the shock or linkage, except maybe the yolk is slightly shorter/closer to the frame on the new bike. Unfortunately there's no picture of an air-sprung 29er to look at in this article.
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er

mtbr member
    So i wonder if its just a spacer or linkage if that would be compatible to put on a 17 era enduro then?

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

2018 Enduro

Sadly, I don't think so. Geometry figures are different from 2017 version .
    Therefore,it is a different frame. Let's wait and see

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I did a quick side by side photo comparision with a large 2017 650b and that pink 2018 650b, you can definitely see the changes. Even though i bought a 2017, I'm excited for these changes if true. I bought the 2017 (on paper looked amazing) and have not been to happy with it.
    All the hopeful changes are everything I'm wishing the bike was.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabby View Post
    Sadly, I don't think so. Geometry figures are different from 2017 version .
    Therefore,it is a different frame. Let's wait and see
    Changing the geometry doesn't require changing the frame. The linkage or shock mount could do that, as could altering the seat or chainstay. Maybe they did, but it would be odd to modify a year old frame for such minor changes.
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The only thing that could lengthen the reach measurement is a new main frame. Also the rear centre length hasn't changed. Looks highly likely the frame has changed.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    2018 Enduro-20225947_2048143585414677_8614838577613766656_n.jpg
    2018 Enduro-20347582_727712404082076_6523163382470672384_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    The only thing that could lengthen the reach measurement is a new main frame. Also the rear centre length hasn't changed. Looks highly likely the frame has changed.
    That's actually not true on the reach. The mino link on my Remedy alters it's reach, albeit not by the 12mm the Enduro grows. I didn't see the rear center measurement, but I agree the totality seems to indicate a new frame. I still think it would be strange. These guys didn't even bother with a new frame for their first couple 650b models.
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    They thought 650b was (is) a waste of time which is why they apparently didn't try too hard.

Yes you're reach measurement grows but you cannot lower a BB and lengthen a reach measurement at the same time via a suspension linkage. You can only shorten it. It's the opposite for stack.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Still no XXL...

boo

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Agreed. That top tube is short for us tall folk. And dont give me the 'reach is all that matters' line.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    They thought 650b was (is) a waste of time which is why they apparently didn't try too hard.

Yes you're reach measurement grows but you cannot lower a BB and lengthen a reach measurement at the same time via a suspension linkage. You can only shorten it. It's the opposite for stack.
    That's a good point... I also just noticed the seat angle changed, but the head angle did not. Very strange... I look forward to seeing the official release.
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    That's a good point... I also just noticed the seat angle changed, but the head angle did not. Very strange... I look forward to seeing the official release.
    I "think" they have machined/changed the shock/yoke interface for the square shock end to fit into slightly differently, my guess is that now has some sort of spacer arrangment which allows the shock to sit deeper into the yoke. This would allow the high/low setting.

Doing this alone wouldnt add reach, slackening the bike through a linkage yoke change would steepen the reach and increase the stack. The reach looks to have increased, while the stack has decreased slightly (using XL model as ref). Steepening the seat angle through a yoke change would also increase the head angle, here it stays the same or is slacker (jn the low setting).

All this means its likely the frame has been modified. It doesnt appear to be a new mould, i think they have simply changed the top tube/headtube/down tube junction. It looks as though they have added material here and set the headtube angle differently. (purely based on visual cues).

Will be interesting to see what the truth is, i would have though that if they were going to mess with the frame they would have reduced the seattube length too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

2018 Enduro

They state 160mm rear travel,instead 165mm on current version.

mtbr member
    First off, stoked to see these changes. 160 F/R is fine with me, 65.5/346 BB nails it and the longer reach I don't care about.

As a side note it is definitely a new front triangle and new linkages. There is no other way to achieve the longer reach. My guess is that this came out of the testing sessions with Keene for the 29 and requests from Graves on the 275. Coming out with the new bike this quickly could also have a big impact on development cycles for other manufacturers as well, forcing them to up their game (**cough, SC HTLT, cough**).

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by niknakuk View Post
    To keep the weight down, the frame is constructed from our top-tier FACT IS-X 11m carbon fiber. And to ensure top-level performance on the descents, this material choice is greeted by 160mm of plush rear and 160mm front travel, plus a geometry that can be “adjusted” via a shock extension with a “low/high” setting.

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    First off, stoked to see these changes. 160 F/R is fine with me, 65.5/346 BB nails it and the longer reach I don't care about.

As a side note it is definitely a new front triangle and new linkages. There is no other way to achieve the longer reach. My guess is that this came out of the testing sessions with Keene for the 29 and requests from Graves on the 275. Coming out with the new bike this quickly could also have a big impact on development cycles for other manufacturers as well, forcing them to up their game (**cough, SC HTLT, cough**).
    Garbage. It just shows that they didn't know what the hell they were doing on the last version. Also if they've gone to this much trouble why didn't they correct the seattubes that are too long for many people to run 170mm droppers. Add this to the 650b Stumpy and it's ridiculous leverage ratio, the Demo that doesn't have enough progression leading to custom links for all the pros, 2018 Camber 29" that's still 142mm etc.

mtbr member
    Well i dont see anywhere that it states the actual frame has changed, just that their is now a low and high setting with a shock extension, which honestly makes more sense anyways.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    2018 Enduro-capture.jpg
    Spot the difference

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Garbage? garbage! Boost would do nothing with the Camber until they do a revamp of it hopefully nest year (I mean, I wanted it boost just so I could get some 142+ SLs hella cheap). They already have their ghetto boost that gives the strength benefits of boost, so they don't need to change anything besides to be be #ontrend.
    Their seat tubes are more of their general design problem. See also Giant. They way they run the kink in the seattube is the limiting factor. But you should ask them to change change most of their design ethos and see how it goes.

mtbr member
    Honestly no dont see a difference lol

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    There's a few little changes i can see.
    Slightly slacker head angle.
    less mass around the headtube area.
    The first triangle behind head tube is larger.
    Rear seat stay is on a steeper angle.
    Rear link and yoke are different too, thats just the 29er.

The 650b frame see's way more changes from the photos I've seen.

mtbr member
    Well weird as the Specialized concept store here in germany is telling me their is no frame changes. Guess we will see, im hoping it is just a new link you can throw on the 17's if not such is the sign of the times.

wretch
    Honestly no dont see a difference lol
    The new dropper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lwkwafi View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20225947_2048143585414677_8614838577613766656_n.jpg 
Views:	2213 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	1148799
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20347582_727712404082076_6523163382470672384_n.jpg 
Views:	2429 
Size:	134.8 KB 
ID:	1148800
    Which color way is the 29" and 27.5" Yellow/non-yellow?

mtbr member
    The bike on the left is Keene's race rig for Aspen. Renthal bar/stem and Magura brakes plus he shows it in his Instagram feed.

mtbr member
    If you follow Graves on Instagram I just asked him if now that he's suddenly liking the enduro means it has a better leverage rate for him to run the coil. He confirmed it. Getting even happier I just sold my 17.
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetdoctor View Post
    If you follow Graves on Instagram I just asked him if now that he's suddenly liking the enduro means it has a better leverage rate for him to run the coil. He confirmed it. Getting even happier I just sold my 17.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I'm still unsure if this is anything other than a cosmetic update. It seems extremely unusual to make major changes so soon after the 2017 versions.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    spec changed their carbon factory allowing them to be able to make a new mold for the 18 enduro.

mtbr member
    If you assume the promo photos above are taken from the same distance and angle (seems HIGHLY likely since these are their standard stock photos across the line) then the new bike definitely has a longer wheelbase. Also uses a different top link for the rear end along with what looks like a different headtube juncture.

Interesting to see if Graves stays on the Enduro for Finale...

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Last year when I have sold my previous gen E29 I was disappointed with the rather conservative geometry of the new Enduro but this year if the new geometry is correct they seem to be on the right patch but still I would prefer it a little longer considering that I am now on a large Mondraker with 495 reach and it is excellent!

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    They really need to make the rear centre longer. At least on the large+ sizes. The front grip is already vague on low angle stuff.

mtbr member
    They really need to make the rear centre longer. At least on the large+ sizes. The front grip is already vague on low angle stuff.
    never felt this way on mine... rear center means longer chainstays? No thanks. 17" is perfect.
    Front Range, Colorado

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    On what size?

Why does a Stumpjumper have a longer rear centre even though it has a much shorter front centre?

It's a ratio. If one increases you have to change the other or a grip compromise is made.

mtbr member
    I had a large '17 pro carbon. Sounds like you need to shift your weight a little more forward? Stumpjumper is designed to be a better climber. With the steep STA I've never had a problem with climbing on the enduro. If you're out of the saddle it definitely bobs but it's a 165mm bike and an X2 did a pretty good job making it pedal "good enough". FWIW I've done 6,000' in a day on the Enduro.

Lengthening the rear end on an enduro is going to do nothing to improve it's primary purpose- descending. It's going to make it harder to manual, and harder to navigate tight/quick/fast descending.

My only gripes with the '17 were- weight, leverage rate (I want an 11-6), and the BB could be a touch lower for bike park stuff. Sounds like they might have fixed 2/3 of these in the 18's.

I'm really going to be torn on the 18 Enduro and the new Orbea Rallon if this is the case. The rallon appears to be a lot lighter!
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Long shot, but does anyone have a leverage ratio graph for the 2018 yet? Hoping it doesn't fall off at max travel like the 2017's. (So it works better with a coil).
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Was your X2 shock on your 2017 the Enduro specific model that came about mid year? What do you weigh?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by loopsb View Post
    Was your X2 shock on your 2017 the Enduro specific model that came about mid year? What do you weigh?
    Yes it was. I rode it anywhere from 200lb to 190 in gear. Went from 240psi down to 230. I was also told not to worry about violating the 250psi a little if necessary. X2 was really good, and I'll definitely be going that way again if push can't work out a coil.
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm really curious how this dropper works.

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    It's tilts back as it compresses so you can sit down when riding down steep rowdy trails.

Totally pointless.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    It's tilts back as it compresses so you can sit down when riding down steep rowdy trails.

Totally pointless.
    Not exactly. If it is in fact the tilting dropper Spec was working on.

It tilts back when dropped to move the widest part of the seat lower.

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Why not just make a 180mm+ dropper? Far less complex.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Its not just the drop though. Having the saddle tilted back promotes ease of movement, that's way pretty much every dirt jump bike you'll see has the seat tilted back.

Don't get me wrong though, I think its too complex as well.

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I remain unconvinced

mtbr member

Totally pointless.
    😂😂😂 seriously? You must not ride down much "steep rowdy trails" lol
    Front Range, Colorado

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I look forward to seeing the Specialized R&D team railing the Whistler EWS in the saddle this weekend.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    My question was more "how" it works. Not what it does. I guess there was a patent app I could read.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    believe in yourself! I believe in you!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I remain unconvinced
    Ride bmx ever? Tuck back chest to seat? Thats the idea...

believe in yourself! I believe in you!

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    sw!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Did anyone notice the funny looking dropper post on the Enduro Coil 29. I'm pretty sure it changes saddle angle with height.

https://i0.wp.com/www.bike-magazine....ATTIE-2018.jpg

"Command Post IRCC WU, 12-position adjustable micro-height, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote adjust SRL lever, 34.9mm, 150mm of travel"

It looks surprisingly close to their patent sketches...

Specialized seeks patent for dropper that auto-adjusts seat angle - Mtbr.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SLeslie View Post
    Did anyone notice the funny looking dropper post on the Enduro Coil 29. I'm pretty sure it changes saddle angle with height.

https://i0.wp.com/www.bike-magazine....ATTIE-2018.jpg

"Command Post IRCC WU, 12-position adjustable micro-height, alien head design, bottom mount cable routing, remote adjust SRL lever, 34.9mm, 150mm of travel"

It looks surprisingly close to their patent sketches...

Specialized seeks patent for dropper that auto-adjusts seat angle - Mtbr.com

Yep, I wonder how much weight it adds over a regular dropper (and to an already heavy bike). If it clamps the seat better then a KS lev (the only other 34.9 I could find in 150mm) then I guess it's worth it.
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Not sure if anyone went back and read the article today, but they are claiming that Graves confirmed the changes and the bike will be announced during Crankworx this week. My guess is that Specialized was expecting some big results this weekend instead of a double DNF on the first stage of the race.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    It takes half a joule more to accelerate Brass Nipples over Alloy Nipples on a 29er to 30kph.

mtbr member

Hope

Yep, I wonder how much weight it adds over a regular dropper (and to an already heavy bike). If it clamps the seat better then a KS lev (the only other 34.9 I could find in 150mm) then I guess it's worth it.
    Dude Your over 200 lbs, who cares about the weight of the bike, mine is 33lbs and would not want it any lighter. Me being 195 kitted up. My 26er enduro is 25 lbs and thats way to light of a bike to be doing the crazy shit we do going down hill. Maybe get a stumpjumper if weight is that much of an issue. Enduro is perfect now minus tweaks here and their, but the weight and stiffness is finally something us non 130 to 160 lbs can appreciate, atleast i sure do.
    Ps you need tips on post surgery recovery hit me up ill be back in the springs come september im post 3 surgeries and doing pretty well.

Sorry off topic....

Crom

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by softbatch View Post
    Interesting its still not getting the gx eagle. Ohlins fork is a nice upgrade.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    Not sure if anyone went back and read the article today, but they are claiming that Graves confirmed the changes and the bike will be announced during Crankworx this week. My guess is that Specialized was expecting some big results this weekend instead of a double DNF on the first stage of the race.
    LOL yup couldn't believe the dnf's, Graves dropping a chain wtf, but then again i dropped a chain yesterday here in germany down a rowdy rooty descent. It happens.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    LOL yup couldn't believe the dnf's, Graves dropping a chain wtf, but then again i dropped a chain yesterday here in germany down a rowdy rooty descent. It happens.
    Would of thought they'd be rocking full dh spec chain devices and dh casing tyres at whistler. Although the latter is going to be tricky given they are on spesh tyres.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Note that the fork has an STX damper and not the TTX damper, new damper for Ohlins at a guess (to lower the cost).

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The 2018 Stumpy Expert has gone to Eagle GX (list price has increased a fraction too). I just added up the cost of GX 11 vs 12 speed for the RD, Cassette, Chain and Shifter on Bike 24 and there's less than US$100 difference (Euro 228 vs 300).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir HC View Post
    Would of thought they'd be rocking full dh spec chain devices and dh casing tyres at whistler. Although the latter is going to be tricky given they are on spesh tyres.
    As much as everybody has talked smack about specialized tires ive had amazing luck with 2.5 DH butchers front and back here in the alps and throughout germany. I will say the grid and below suck, tore those constantly in the Front Range colorado.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    As much as everybody has talked smack about specialized tires ive had amazing luck with 2.5 DH butchers front and back here in the alps and throughout germany. I will say the grid and below suck, tore those constantly in the Front Range colorado.
    Not talking smack, just spesh don't make a 29er dh tyre (or atleast don't appear to). The grid carcass is a bit thicker than a maxxis exo, but a bit less than a double down casing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013

2018 Enduro

What is strange ,Specialized hasn't presented Enduro 2018 version yet and shops are already selling it. Can't understand

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

2018 Specialized Enduro: longer reach and adjustable geometry - MBR

Well here she is.......

woohooo the flip chip will be available for us 2017 enduro folks!!! So when can we order it LOL

mtbr member
    hmmm only mentions a more progressive leverage rate on the 650b. If they left the 29'er as-is that's probably a deal breaker for me.
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'm case anyone hasn't seen this one.

http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/ar...8-bikes-50604/

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmckechnie View Post
    I'm case anyone hasn't seen this one.

The 2018 Specialized Enduro has officially landed - BikeRadar

Interesting, this contradicts the MBR article which states travel is still 165mm rear. It also doesn't mention anything about leverage ratios being more progressive so it works better with a coil.
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Add another 20mm of reach next year and you are spot on Specialized! Or just remove 40mm of the seat tube so I can ride an XL!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Interesting, this contradicts the MBR article which states travel is still 165mm rear. It also doesn't mention anything about leverage ratios being more progressive so it works better with a coil.
    All these articles have had typo's and contradictions, who knows.

mtbr member
    Also, I wonder where the flip chip is in the shock extension, will you still be able to dump the shitty stx for an X2?
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Also, I wonder where the flip chip is in the shock extension, will you still be able to dump the shitty stx for an X2?
    One of the articles had a picture. It's basically a washer that changes the depth of the shaft in the shock extension.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

mtbr member
    Editted
    Front Range, Colorado

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Pinkbike

https://m.pinkbike.com/news/speciali...irst-look.html

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    New shock extension. 29/6fatties need the shock extension and link which will go for $50. 650bs just need the shock extension which will go for $20.

Pinkbike is reporting 165mm travel on the 29/6fattie and no increase in progressiveness while they are reporting an increase in progressiveness on the 650b.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmckechnie View Post
    New shock extension. 29/6fatties need the shock extension and link which will go for $50. 650bs just need the shock extension which will go for $20.

Pinkbike is reporting 165mm travel on the 29/6fattie and no increase in progressiveness while they are reporting an increase in progressiveness on the 650b.

That will really aggravate me if they didn't make the 29'er more progressive. I've seen a couple of these in person now and pictures don't do them justice. Waiting to hear back from the product rep today to verify linkage changes in 29'er. If it still falls off at the end of it's stroke I'll probably still order one, just going to an X2 right away. Or Maybe I'll go 27.5 ugh
    Front Range, Colorado

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Unless you get a big deal on the Enduro I would go Rallon all day.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Have you ridden one? I have a Enduro and buddy has a Slash, very cool looking bike.

mtbr member
    Maybe check out the new Santa Cruz Nomad also.....

mtbr member
    The problem with Orbea is they're relatively unknown... if the bike takes off like I expect no problems, but if it doesn't resale will suck. I usually upgrade every year. I can't really wait to see, being bikeless sucks.
    Front Range, Colorado

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast