Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member

2017 s-works epic ht factory production problem

Hello!! two months ago me and my sister ordered 2 epic ht s-works 2017... and made a $$$ deposit in the LBS, they said will be in the shop on december.
    Yesterday they called me and said that there is a last minute production problem and it will be on the shops on April 2017!!!!!! the pro model will be on december but the s-works frames and bikes will be released later, that's why they have deleted the epic ht men and women bikes from the site!!

Is a big problem for me, I sold my 2014 sw stumpy and I don't have mtb bike to ride these 6 months and even worse I won't have a bike to race and I have sponsors... I don't want the pro I want the SW I'm really pissed off anyone knows something about this???

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

2017 s-works epic ht factory production problem

OMG! April is almost time to release the 2018 line up. That can't be right.
    Ask in any other lbs.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

mtbr member
    get in touch with the specialized sales rep and really find out what is going on first rather than hearsay from the guy who works at the bike shop.

second would a 2016 S-Works hardtail be so awful if they could find one at a suitable price?

third ever consider the S-Works epic full suspension bike?

fourth is the Pro that awful that you would rather be totally bike less for six months rather than not have an S-Works level bike?

priorities...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post
    get in touch with the specialized sales rep and really find out what is going on first rather than hearsay from the guy who works at the bike shop.

second would a 2016 S-Works hardtail be so awful if they could find one at a suitable price?

third ever consider the S-Works epic full suspension bike?

fourth is the Pro that awful that you would rather be totally bike less for six months rather than not have an S-Works level bike?

priorities...
    1.- ok this lbs guy is my friend I believe him, and I talked with a guy that works in specialized he told me that they have a "manufacturing issue" they had to postpone them to avoid any recalls or warranty because this could affect the bike negatively. so is a factory problem that's why they deleted all S-works epic ht in the specialized web site worldwide is a terrible problem for them in sales too

2.- yes I can buy an s-works stumpy 2016 ht but the small size are sold out also the framesets

3.- the epic fs is too expensive I sold my 2014 stumpy sw ht for 4k and today only the frame is 4k!! I need maybe 5k more for suspension, groupset and fork

4.- the pro could be a great option just for race this months then sold it and buy the SW epic ht....... this is the best option now

hope this bikes that will be released in April will be 2018 models, if not I will wait 4 more months and have the 2018. I am really sad about this also the new helmets will be available in Jan 2017!!! specialized what happened to you!!!!!???

Rider, Builder, Dreamer
    I suppose the other option is for Specialized to notice a problem with production, get the frames built anyway, sell them, then have them failing left, right, and center. But never fear, for you are wearing a helmet that you demanded before it was ready for production and that helmet is most certainly going to do a less than optimal job of protecting your domepiece.
    Go ride your bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Ask the bike shop (your) friend to contact Spez and explain the situation and ask them if it is possible to arrange a killer deal for you and your sister. Maybe sponsorship deal price on an S-Works Fsr or Epic Pro HT.

If Spez decided to postpone the bike due to problems you dont want it anyway. As it will probably break or have big problems and have impact on your race season anyway.

Shit happens. Be open for a solution and if you have a good lvs you will somehow be compensated in a good way.

mtbr member
    If you can deal with the shame and embarrassment of riding a... pre-owned bike rather than sitting on the sidelines take a look at this S-Works epic

2014 Specialized S-Works Epic 29 WC - Size Small - (B1569) | eBay

Assess your current situation.

What is the cause of your current situation

The answer to your issues will be obvious to solve

Exactly what are you using to train for the race season now?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HAL 9000 View Post
    If you can deal with the shame and embarrassment of riding a... pre-owned bike rather than sitting on the sidelines take a look at this S-Works epic

2014 Specialized S-Works Epic 29 WC - Size Small - (B1569) | eBay

Assess your current situation.

What is the cause of your current situation

The answer to your issues will be obvious to solve

Exactly what are you using to train for the race season now?
    Yeah I talked to him and I want a big deal with a 2017 epic SW with eagle.

I am looking for a solution he will talk to specialized about this
    that ebay bike is old I had a HT SW 2014.... I want something fresh and a bike that will be easy to sell I don't like full suspension too much!!
    I am a roadie too... I train a lot on road bikes that's why I love light bikes..... I can wait and prepare for road races

my sis still have her bike she almost shell it this week but she will wait to april

mtbr member
    I have to admit it, but i was checking their website every couple of weeks. I did notice that they used to have sw models on their website until they pulled then off. I really like the pastel blue sw and the fact that after i get the bike, i won't have to spend much time trying to upgrade this and that, as the parts will be high-end specced already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '15 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon World Cup

mtbr member
    exactly that's why I like sw models and this time they have not mixed brands, with level brakes full xx1 eagle components 12x148 rear spacing and boost front sid fork is perfect!!
    I think I will wait to April some guy from Europe told me that these will be out as 2018!! h

mtbr member
    Any one knows the weight of a small epic s-works 2017 frame???

mtbr member
    "Carbon models (not S-Works), priced from $2,600 USD for the Comp, are starting to trickle down to dealers, while the Epic Hardtail S-Works won’t be ready until late this winter."

Updated Specialized Epic Hardtail Is Company’s Lightest Frame Ever | Singletracks Mountain Bike News

(Nov. 1, 2016 article)
    '15 Specialized Epic Expert Carbon World Cup

mtbr member
    May 2008
    The new Epic Hardtail and women’s Epic Hardtail are 875g frames (size medium, with paint and hardware). Small is usually about 50 g lighter.

I rode HT Pro in Roc d’Azur, and stock weight was 9 kg. Just changing SRAM cranks for SW cranks, put it below 9 kg.
    And Fact 10 frame is now lighter than Fact 11 from 2016 models. That means Pro model frame 2017 is 20 g lighter than SW frame 2016.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg81 View Post
    "Carbon models (not S-Works), priced from $2,600 USD for the Comp, are starting to trickle down to dealers, while the Epic Hardtail S-Works won’t be ready until late this winter."

Updated Specialized Epic Hardtail Is Company’s Lightest Frame Ever | Singletracks Mountain Bike News

(Nov. 1, 2016 article)
    Riding a rebuilt lower model carbon. Superb bike, really fun for a race HT.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi.k View Post
    The new Epic Hardtail and women’s Epic Hardtail are 875g frames (size medium, with paint and hardware). Small is usually about 50 g lighter.

I rode HT Pro in Roc d’Azur, and stock weight was 9 kg. Just changing SRAM cranks for SW cranks, put it below 9 kg.
    And Fact 10 frame is now lighter than Fact 11 from 2016 models. That means Pro model frame 2017 is 20 g lighter than SW frame 2016.
    That is awesome but imagine how much will weight 2017 epic ht s-works Small bike with a 800g frame.... I love to tune bikes I really love have a light bike I feel great riding like that. So what about 17lb bike that will be incredible for me, my 2014 was 18.6.

Now this lbs friend give me a good price for the sw epic fsr and i am not sure yet a small sw epic with a lot of tune maybe will weight 20lb who knows If I dont like that bike a willl lose a looooot of money if I want to sell it. in 6 months

mtbr member
    May 2008
    You have to figure it out for yourself, but I have decided: I will ride Pro with Control SL wheels and SW carbon components. Then next year I will go for SW 2018.
    Some pics for restless nights  .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 s-works epic ht factory production problem-img_0738-copy.jpg  

2017 s-works epic ht factory production problem-img_0737-copy.jpg  

mtbr member
    hope they come in april 2017 with 2018 tag!!!!! who knows
    Decided to wait 6 months

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by andresco50 View Post
    hope they come in april 2017 with 2018 tag!!!!! who knows
    Decided to wait 6 months
    What different will that make?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by plupp View Post
    What different will that make?
    if the bikes comes 2017 in april.. in august the 2018 models will be released!! that time will be too short to use a 2017 bike, literally is like a year old but only have 4 months

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Something else to consider, the new Niner Air9 RDO has nearly the same geometry as the new Epic HT. It's also only $2k retail for the frame, light weight, short stays, slack(ish)HTA, boost rear spacing.

The Pro Epic HT is a solid bike for the price though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    if the bikes comes 2017 in april.. in august the 2018 models will be released!! that time will be too short to use a 2017 bike, literally is like a year old but only have 4 months
    It will still be the same frame and same release date so it will not be any faster just because they relabel it to 2018

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Couldn’t get Pro in size small, so I took Expert. Put on my SW parts (wheelset, crank, XCP dropper, handlebar)
    Love it!
    Lighter 150 grams as my previous SW Stumpjumper with same components.

Oh, and stock wheels, Roval Control alloy are true boost.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 s-works epic ht factory production problem-img_0912-copy.jpg  

2017 s-works epic ht factory production problem-img_0905.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Bobi-K - nice bike. I'm about to order the same, but don't know whether to order a small or a medium - I'm 5'6". How tall are you ?

Also, did you weight the bike before fitting your SW parts?

Thanks,

Pat.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Sorry. I think I added one inch to many 😃 in my message. I am 167 cm which is 5'6". For recreation I could go with medium but for racing small is better fit. My stem is 75 mm, -20 degrees.
    I haven't weighted it because I got it in the box, so I didn't assembled it with original parts. I hope this will help you.

SW EPIC HT Carbon WC 29 (L): ca. 8.8 kg
    S-Works Epic HT Carbon Di2 29 (L): ca. 9.4 kg
    EPIC HT Pro Carbon WC 29 (L) ca. 9.8 kg
    EPIC HT Expert Carbon WC 29 (L): ca. 10.2 kg
    Epic HT Comp Carbon WC 29 (L): ca. 10.9 kg
    Epic HT Base Carbon (L): ca. 11.5 kg

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Thanks Bobi.K - very useful.

Do you know how high your saddle is from the centre of the BB (to top of saddle) ?

I usually ride with mine at 73cm.

I'm still torn between a small and a medium for training and racing.

I've sat on a Fuse which is similar geometery and the small was too small.

Thanks,

Pat.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Well, it's not a state secret so,

2017 s-works epic ht factory production problem-bike_fit.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by rsantos450 View Post
    Lightest than my Tarmac. LOL

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Had a similar situation. The Pro was taking way too long to come out so I decided to get the expert and upgrade the parts.

20 lbs and 3oz as seen in the photos (size M).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 s-works epic ht factory production problem-agp_8213-copy-2.jpg  

2017 s-works epic ht factory production problem-agp_8246-copy.jpg  

2017 s-works epic ht factory production problem-agp_8254-copy.jpg  

mtbr member
    ^^ nice bike!

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeeen View Post
    20 lbs and 3oz as seen in the photos (size M).
    Hi Eeeen,

What did you change to get it down to that weight?

My Expert should arrive in a few days and I'm keen to order parts ;-)

Thanks,

Pat.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Roval Control Alloys - Roval Control SL's (had to use the Roval boost kit for this one)
    RaceFace Aeffect cranks - XX1 Eagle cranks
    SLX M7000 brakes - XTR M9000 Race brakes
    Regular steel rotors - RT-86 Ice-Tech rotors
    XG-1150 cassette - XG-1199 cassette
    X1 shifter - X01 shifter (purely for better shifting; not weight)
    Alloy seatpost - S-Works SL seatpost (400x27.2mm; 0mm Setback)
    Phenom Comp saddle - Phenom Pro saddle
    Comp MTN stem - Syntace F109 stem
    Alloy bars - Easton EC70 bars

This was a very extensive upgrade process. If you can only do one or a few of these upgrades, I would go with the wheels because they've made the most significant difference in weight and ride quality.

Have fun with your new bike!

mtbr member
    May 2008
    it´s finally out in 2 color schemes, 912 g in L

Specialized Sammelthread - Teil 2 | Seite 594 | MTB-News.de

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Don't like the colors at all.
    I thought there would be an all turquoise with red print.

Like this one:

EDIT: ok, I see this one is available in the US and the frame only sets are with the other colors...

mtbr member
    Saw the anthracite S-Works Epic HT frame yesterday at my dealer, pretty dark in real life. The ble / black was also in stock, reminds me of those psychedelic hippie shirts. Not my cup of tea. All blue like above would have been nice.

mtbr member
    Hey guys if you check out the specialized page of Germany there are available just the new frame colors.
    Some guy told me that this will be available in US in one month and it will be 2018 models

https://www.specialized.com/de/de/me...-29-frm/129104

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rsantos450 View Post
    really nice!!!! Did you build the bike? this new frames are not available in US yet, really sad about it I want one
    Have more pics????

mtbr member
    Dec 2015

mtbr member
    I saw it few days ago but now link don't work really weird

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by madskatingcow View Post
    Thanks hope the new bike come with these beauties

mtbr member
    Guys in one week u will see the colors available for the s-works 2018 epic ht
    Here is a link to see the two colors available in Europe at the moment Specialized S-Works Epic HT Carbon 29 Frame 2017, mint/black/green

I like that green but not sure about that black fade in the back!! The black is like gray with black

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobi.k View Post
    Couldn’t get Pro in size small, so I took Expert. Put on my SW parts (wheelset, crank, XCP dropper, handlebar)
    Love it!
    Lighter 150 grams as my previous SW Stumpjumper with same components.

Oh, and stock wheels, Roval Control alloy are true boost.
    NICE BIKE did you weight just the frame????

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm really trying to resist the temptation to fully geek out and create a spreadsheet for the lightest possible build on this frame. I'm assuming you could get it to 15 pounds with a rigid carbon fork.

Edit: It's actually pretty close to possible while keeping a SID on it. I got to just under 15 pounds without really hunting (all Enve/Raceface gear, Ikons at both end, XX1 11 speed). It would cost more than I'd like to spend on a blinged out do-it-all rig, but man it would be cool.
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er
    2003 Gary Fisher X-Caliber

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mumphry View Post
    I'm really trying to resist the temptation to fully geek out and create a spreadsheet for the lightest possible build on this frame. I'm assuming you could get it to 15 pounds with a rigid carbon fork.

Edit: It's actually pretty close to possible while keeping a SID on it. I got to just under 15 pounds without really hunting (all Enve/Raceface gear, Ikons at both end, XX1 11 speed). It would cost more than I'd like to spend on a blinged out do-it-all rig, but man it would be cool.
    Of course is possible but I prefer a strong bike ready for agresiva race than a ultra light bike with light tires that will not grip in all terrain or a super light brakes that heat to much in down Hills
    https://instagram.com/p/BQ7XWBSAXbW/

check out this bike is around 15lb

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Of course is possible but I prefer a strong bike ready for agresiva race than a ultra light bike with light tires that will not grip in all terrain or a super light brakes that heat to much in down Hills
    https://instagram.com/p/BQ7XWBSAXbW/

check out this bike is around 15lb
    That's a sick bike - other than the astronomical cost it doesn't look like too much of a compromise on toughness... that said I can't quite make out the brake brand... are they mechanical? I put Formula R1 Racing brakes on my imaginary build; not sure how reliable they are in heat dissipation.
    2014 Trek Remedy 8 29er
    2003 Gary Fisher X-Caliber

mtbr member
    Also from other site in English 🤔😊😊😊
    https://www.mtb-mag.com/en/first-loo...l-sl-wheelset/

mtbr member
    Aug 2015

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dia-Biker View Post
    Really nice I will buy the WC with eagle what color do you like guys?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast