Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 93 of 93
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    ok so I have decided for this color hope is cool in real life
    finally U.S. site uptdated!! LBS ordered the bike they say first week of MAY really really late but what can I do!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017 s-works epic ht factory production problem-img_3542.jpg  


  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ttusomeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112
    I'm currently riding a 2015 sworks Stumpjumper HT - any feedback from those lucky enough to have the new Epic HT on how it compares to the SJ?

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,000
    Ordered one of the crazy green paint schemed frames. Should be here later this week.

  4. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by ttusomeone View Post
    I'm currently riding a 2015 sworks Stumpjumper HT - any feedback from those lucky enough to have the new Epic HT on how it compares to the SJ?
    Not sure about the standard frame but my local rep simply said the S-Works frame was exceedingly light and stiff. Initial rumors are that the S-Works build is in the 18lb range.

    I raced a 15 SJ HT for the past 1.5 years and was told the Epic HT has a less compliant ride.

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ttusomeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by keifla123 View Post
    Not sure about the standard frame but my local rep simply said the S-Works frame was exceedingly light and stiff. Initial rumors are that the S-Works build is in the 18lb range.

    I raced a 15 SJ HT for the past 1.5 years and was told the Epic HT has a less compliant ride.
    Thanks for the feedback. I would have assumed the Epic HT would have been more compliant since it seems they had an opportunity to design it from the ground up, but sounds like not. Hopefully as more are shipped I'll hear additional feedback on their ride.

  6. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by ttusomeone View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I would have assumed the Epic HT would have been more compliant since it seems they had an opportunity to design it from the ground up, but sounds like not. Hopefully as more are shipped I'll hear additional feedback on their ride.
    I ride PRO carbon world cup and it feels better than previous SJ S-works..

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    405
    Just a Comp here, but it's such a good bike. I cannot compare to the SJ, but it's miles ahead in "ride compliance" of my old C'dale f29, and Cube Elite 29er. The boost spacing seems to add some stiffness, it tracks really well, goes up and down the ruff stuff brilliantly - it's the business.

  8. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    Ordered one of the crazy green paint schemed frames. Should be here later this week.
    AWESOME!!! please post pics of the frame weight with all details!!! thanks

  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,000
    So the frame came in to the shop yesterday. My friends there sent me the following pictures today, as it will be a bit before I can get down there to pick it up.

    I can't wait to see it in person, but I already think it looks better than I anticipated. It has some large glitter flakes in it, ala "bass boat" style.






  10. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation: COMTBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    142
    That's cool. Congrats!

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ttusomeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by andresco50 View Post
    ok so I have decided for this color hope is cool in real life
    finally U.S. site uptdated!! LBS ordered the bike they say first week of MAY really really late but what can I do!!
    Ordered the same bike today!

  12. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    So the frame came in to the shop yesterday. My friends there sent me the following pictures today, as it will be a bit before I can get down there to pick it up.

    I can't wait to see it in person, but I already think it looks better than I anticipated. It has some large glitter flakes in it, ala "bass boat
    Congratulations looks AWESOME!!!! What size is it??? Please weight it

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,000
    Large

  14. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    Help guys!! I want to install a race face next sl g4 crankset in my epic ht, the frame is boost so anyone knows what chainring I need??? the standard or the "boost 3mm offset" from absoluteblack, also I will use the factory bottom bracket so I will buy the race face spacer kit 10010 for pf30 BB.

  15. #65
    bike rider
    Reputation: Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,833
    Raceface doesn't bother making a different offset for use on Boost bikes and Santa Cruz is fine with that and specs them stock. I guess it depends whether you want a better chainline in the low or high cogs.
    Keep the Country country.

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelandjt View Post
    Raceface doesn't bother making a different offset for use on Boost bikes and Santa Cruz is fine with that and specs them stock. I guess it depends whether you want a better chainline in the low or high cogs.
    yes looks like this frame will work with the standard or the boost 3mm offset but I really prefer a better chainline in big cogs so i will use the standard I read somewhere is 6mm offset

  17. #67
    bike rider
    Reputation: Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,833
    Quote Originally Posted by andresco50 View Post
    yes looks like this frame will work with the standard or the boost 3mm offset but I really prefer a better chainline in big cogs so i will use the standard I read somewhere is 6mm offset
    That's the way most people feel. Be aware though that having the chainring more inboard may not allow 36 or bigger rings to clear.
    Keep the Country country.

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mumphry View Post
    I'm really trying to resist the temptation to fully geek out and create a spreadsheet for the lightest possible build on this frame. I'm assuming you could get it to 15 pounds with a rigid carbon fork.

    Edit: It's actually pretty close to possible while keeping a SID on it. I got to just under 15 pounds without really hunting (all Enve/Raceface gear, Ikons at both end, XX1 11 speed). It would cost more than I'd like to spend on a blinged out do-it-all rig, but man it would be cool.
    I already did that whole spreadsheet business when they first released it haha.
    With a rigid fork and single speed it could be around 14 pounds with roval control SL wheels. Which is CRAZY.
    It's one outstandingly light bike. Now I am just really curious as to how it rides. I wish I could demo one for myself.
    2015 Epic Expert WC
    Niner Air 9 Rigid SS

  19. #69
    chasing simplicity
    Reputation: MattMay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    So the frame came in to the shop yesterday. My friends there sent me the following pictures today, as it will be a bit before I can get down there to pick it up.

    I can't wait to see it in person, but I already think it looks better than I anticipated. It has some large glitter flakes in it, ala "bass boat" style.

    I'm curious what that hole underneath the downtube is...is that for external cabling snaps? I'm wondering if all the cabling is internal or some remains external. Thx!
    I know what it's like to be dead. "To Die & Live In LA."

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMay View Post
    I'm curious what that hole underneath the downtube is...is that for external cabling snaps? I'm wondering if all the cabling is internal or some remains external. Thx!
    is for install a little bumper for prevent the fork hit the frame and damage the carbon! check out the picture of the complete bike u will see a rubber piece to avoid carbon damage if u fall off the bike

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrich88 View Post
    I already did that whole spreadsheet business when they first released it haha.
    With a rigid fork and single speed it could be around 14 pounds with roval control SL wheels. Which is CRAZY.
    It's one outstandingly light bike. Now I am just really curious as to how it rides. I wish I could demo one for myself.
    Guys keep in touch, I just bought an XS epic ht women's model for my sister and I will build with light mcfk wheelset, fox 32sc fork, eagle xx1 group and some light parts. I want a 17lb bike I will post pics when it arrives!!

  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    Large
    Any notice of your frame build??? weights??

  23. #73
    chasing simplicity
    Reputation: MattMay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by andresco50 View Post
    is for install a little bumper for prevent the fork hit the frame and damage the carbon! check out the picture of the complete bike u will see a rubber piece to avoid carbon damage if u fall off the bike
    Thanks!
    I know what it's like to be dead. "To Die & Live In LA."

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by andresco50 View Post
    Guys keep in touch, I just bought an XS epic ht women's model for my sister and I will build with light mcfk wheelset, fox 32sc fork, eagle xx1 group and some light parts. I want a 17lb bike I will post pics when it arrives!!
    Did you end up getting the sworks frame?
    Keep us posted as the process continues. Anxious to see how light you can get the bike.
    2015 Epic Expert WC
    Niner Air 9 Rigid SS

  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,000
    I got the frame from my shop finally. Frame looks amazing with the paint. I'll post up more pics in the other thread I started.

    Weight is a bit disappointing at first, at 1060grams. But, with all that paint, it's going to add up. I'm sure the raw ones are at least 100g lighter. Who cares though, it looks sweet

    The glitter is all throughout the frame.

  26. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrich88 View Post
    Did you end up getting the sworks frame?
    Keep us posted as the process continues. Anxious to see how light you can get the bike.
    Yes I ordered the complete bike s-works epic ht in small for me in that blue chameleon with red colors, will be sad because I won't know the frame weight but I will tune it a little bit to drop weight LBS said first week of MAY

    My sister's bike is an XS women's epic ht bike that I will only use the frame for the building I will post some pics in few weeks

  27. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    I got the frame from my shop finally. Frame looks amazing with the paint. I'll post up more pics in the other thread I started.

    Weight is a bit disappointing at first, at 1060grams. But, with all that paint, it's going to add up. I'm sure the raw ones are at least 100g lighter. Who cares though, it looks sweet

    The glitter is all throughout the frame.
    I remember that u had a 2014 sw stumpjumper ht frame that was really heavy in S I remember was 1200g +/-

  28. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    Guys if u have instagram please follow me on my account @bikepartsweight is fully with bike parts weights is a weightweenie archive with pics of bike parts on scales thanks

  29. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    21

    Epic fsr or Epic HT?

    Hey guys
    I am in the Hunt of a new bike. Work at specialized dealer so will have great price on a bike of the big S.

    But cant decide!! Epic FSR or Epic HT? I want the bike for xc racing. I come from downhill background so i like to go fast downhill. The fsr seems nice but i doubt the outdated geometry even with the shock in the back. The epic ht seems fresh! And in numbers looks like it will outperform the fsr in every aspect, even downhill thanks to HA of 69.5 vs 71 of the FSR.

    Please help!

  30. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by HariRiDeer View Post
    Hey guys
    I am in the Hunt of a new bike. Work at specialized dealer so will have great price on a bike of the big S.

    But cant decide!! Epic FSR or Epic HT? I want the bike for xc racing. I come from downhill background so i like to go fast downhill. The fsr seems nice but i doubt the outdated geometry even with the shock in the back. The epic ht seems fresh! And in numbers looks like it will outperform the fsr in every aspect, even downhill thanks to HA of 69.5 vs 71 of the FSR.

    Please help!
    EPIC HT with new control SL now.. or w8 for new epic.

  31. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,000
    I would not buy the current Epic new. Used, perhaps.

    I sold an Epic WC earlier this year and plan on racing this bike (Epic HT) for this season.

  32. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ttusomeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112
    My S-works epic HT in blue / cameleon was delivered yesterday to my LBS, and they originally told me end of April so maybe yours will come in early also.

  33. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    Quote Originally Posted by ttusomeone View Post
    My S-works epic HT in blue / cameleon was delivered yesterday to my LBS, and they originally told me end of April so maybe yours will come in early also.
    YEEAHHHH I was thinking the same!!!! There are a lot of people who have their bikes in europe and they are starting to post pics in instagram with #epicht hashtags and in US too so I think it will be in LBS in two weeks max!! post some pics and weight thanks really really anxious about this color in pics looks blue some times and others light purple is awsm

  34. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ttusomeone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by andresco50 View Post
    YEEAHHHH I was thinking the same!!!! There are a lot of people who have their bikes in europe and they are starting to post pics in instagram with #epicht hashtags and in US too so I think it will be in LBS in two weeks max!! post some pics and weight thanks really really anxious about this color in pics looks blue some times and others light purple is awsm
    Yeah with the color change paint it is either purple or blue depending on how you're looking at it. It's a great looking bike! Hoping to take it for a first ride today. I believe my LBS said it was 19. Something with tubes and cages.

  35. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    I would not buy the current Epic new. Used, perhaps.

    I sold an Epic WC earlier this year and plan on racing this bike (Epic HT) for this season.
    How was the resale value on your Epic WC? I am needing to get mine sold so I can get something new
    2015 Epic Expert WC
    Niner Air 9 Rigid SS

  36. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrich88 View Post
    I already did that whole spreadsheet business when they first released it haha.
    With a rigid fork and single speed it could be around 14 pounds with roval control SL wheels. Which is CRAZY.
    It's one outstandingly light bike. Now I am just really curious as to how it rides. I wish I could demo one for myself.
    I saw one the other day, 14 pounds exactly with eagle 12 speed

  37. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki View Post
    I saw one the other day, 14 pounds exactly with eagle 12 speed
    Wow. Sounds like a bunch of light weight parts. Mine was essentially a spreadsheet of moving the parts i have on my Epic WC over to that frame with a rigid fork.
    I dont have any heavy parts by any means... but they aren't weight weenie parts either. Just stuff I like.
    Mostly Sworks saddle, easton carbon cockpit, Niner RDO fork and control SL wheels w/ spesh control casing tires since that's what I race on.
    then the X01 set up off of my epic.
    Rigid SS was 14.5 lbs and rigid 1x11 was a tad over 15.
    2015 Epic Expert WC
    Niner Air 9 Rigid SS

  38. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrich88 View Post
    Wow. Sounds like a bunch of light weight parts. Mine was essentially a spreadsheet of moving the parts i have on my Epic WC over to that frame with a rigid fork.
    I dont have any heavy parts by any means... but they aren't weight weenie parts either. Just stuff I like.
    Mostly Sworks saddle, easton carbon cockpit, Niner RDO fork and control SL wheels w/ spesh control casing tires since that's what I race on.
    then the X01 set up off of my epic.
    Rigid SS was 14.5 lbs and rigid 1x11 was a tad over 15.
    Bikeahead wheels, carbon fork, eagle 12 speed, level ultimate brakes, sworks saddle, tune seatpost/bars/stem

  39. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiki View Post
    Bikeahead wheels, carbon fork, eagle 12 speed, level ultimate brakes, sworks saddle, tune seatpost/bars/stem
    I think I actually saw that one on instagram the other day
    Black on black?
    Thing looked awesome, expensive and crazy fast.
    2015 Epic Expert WC
    Niner Air 9 Rigid SS

  40. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: andresco50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    291
    LBS called today they say next week will be in the shop finally after months of waiting!!! mine was the last one in stock no more until June

  41. #91
    bike rider
    Reputation: Lelandjt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    4,833
    So is this the "lightest MTB frame"? How does Scott's Scale compare? What other frames are in the running?
    Keep the Country country.

  42. #92
    chasing simplicity
    Reputation: MattMay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    521
    Open Cycle ONE+ would be in the running along with Scott Scale, I imagine.
    I know what it's like to be dead. "To Die & Live In LA."

  43. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by briscoelab View Post
    So the frame came in to the shop yesterday. My friends there sent me the following pictures today, as it will be a bit before I can get down there to pick it up.

    I can't wait to see it in person, but I already think it looks better than I anticipated. It has some large glitter flakes in it, ala "bass boat" style.


    Could I ask a huge favor? Could you give me the clearance between the seat and chain stays between 340 and 350mm from the rear drop-out? Smallest dimension only would be great. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-14-2016, 09:55 AM
  2. 2013 Epic S-Works BB problem
    By sPk911 in forum Specialized
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 10:16 AM
  3. 2014 s-works epic brain problem?
    By chillie in forum Specialized
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2014, 10:36 PM
  4. Epic s-works 29er front der. Problem
    By bootsie_cat in forum Specialized
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 08:26 PM
  5. 2011 S-Works Epic 29er problem?
    By lancelot in forum Specialized
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 01:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •