Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkinho View Post
    Remote Brain Dial-in for rear suspension, like already mentioned (by mistake) in the 2010 catalogue.
    +1000

JCL
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I hope they don't shorten the stays. It's half the reason the bike rides so well.

mtbr member
    I do not know what they are gonna change but was at a Specialized demo day today and they did say release time would be around July 12th. So we do not have to much longer to wait.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mtbr member
    Aug 2007

mtbr member
    Ah damn that is a sexy bike. Adding a fox 36... Can not wait to see and ride this beast up close.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbaduba View Post
    Ah damn that is a sexy bike. Adding a fox 36... Can not wait to see and ride this beast up close.

You realized that wasn't a 2014 SJ Evo right?
    Since when does Specialized have Loaded parts?
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I honestly can't believe that video is a 2014. Looks like a very nice (2012?) bike someone put a few upgraded parts on, but I don't think Spec will be putting a 36 on these for 2014. Hell, they don't even put 36 on the enduro. I call BS.

link to manual doesn't work either.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Try this link. http://service.specialized.com/colla...0017543_R1.pdf

Looks like they only have the Evo available for the 26" stumpy, no shorter travel comps. Hopefully they bring back the XL for 26".

mtbr member
    The only way to get a SJ with Kashima coated fork is to get an s-works. No way a comp model would have one.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member

Re: 2014 Stumpjumper FSR Possibilities

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    You realized that wasn't a 2014 SJ Evo right?
    Since when does Specialized have Loaded parts?
    Sadly I do, but I like to dream :-).

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    The only way to get a SJ with Kashima coated fork is to get an s-works. No way a comp model would have one.
    Fox has been putting Kashima coating on mid priced forks for a couple of years now. There is no reason for Specialized not to have them on at least Expert models and should really be on Elite.

Trek have Kashima on their $4.4k Remedy 9.

I'm not saying the video is legit, just that if Spec only puts Kashima forks on their s-works bikes for 2014 they are going to be behind the competition.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I bet the 2014s are setting in the specialized warehouse in boxes waiting to be shipped. Just get it over with specialized and give us the details.

Until then the debate continues.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mbco1975 View Post
    Fox has been putting Kashima coating on mid priced forks for a couple of years now. There is no reason for Specialized not to have them on at least Expert models and should really be on Elite.

Trek have Kashima on their $4.4k Remedy 9.

I'm not saying the video is legit, just that if Spec only puts Kashima forks on their s-works bikes for 2014 they are going to be behind the competition.
    Yea there is, more profit. Sorry I loved the older Specialized bikes I've had in the past, but IMHO they've priced themselves too high for what you get.

It's just like having to go to SWorks to get full carbon frames, other manufactures have full carbon on 4k bikes, you don't need to spend 10k.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

Less talk, more ride...
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpynerd View Post
    I bet the 2014s are setting in the specialized warehouse in boxes waiting to be shipped. Just get it over with specialized and give us the details.

Until then the debate continues.
    Nope. The details of the bikes will be released when they do the sales rep training in (usually) July. Lots of info then.
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Yea there is, more profit. Sorry I loved the older Specialized bikes I've had in the past, but IMHO they've priced themselves too high for what you get.

It's just like having to go to SWorks to get full carbon frames, other manufactures have full carbon on 4k bikes, you don't need to spend 10k.
    Tell it brother! Actually a significant reason I didn't go with a Spesh, despite a nice team discount. I just hate the way they cut every corner to maximize profits. No Kashima, aluminum rear ends, cheap-ass brakes, front derailleurs and cassettes snuck into builds. All for prices where competitors offer full-carbon and complete component groups. You'd think that with their larger production volume they'd be able to undercut boutique brands with the same quality...

mtbr member
    I've been trying to gather as much 'hearsay' as I can to help make my decision on purchasing a new 2014.
    Specialized fsr comp 29er rumors thus far.

1.Possibly having shorter chain stays.
    2. Rockshock pike might be the front shock.
    3. Dropper seat post
    4. Price increase to $3,300 with new bells and whistles.
    5. Bike color- more matte and bright colors.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    This thread hasn't been updated in awhile but I figure if you all hadn't seen the release on bikeradar you might have missed it. Looks really pretty cool.

Flat black paint
    26 and 29 option
    X01 (on the expert model)
    Pike as the fork
    Command post IR

Specialized 2014 Trail And Long-travel Bikes ? First Look: S-Works Camber, Fat Boy Fat Bike And New Shock Tech - BikeRadar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2