mtbr member
    Mar 2012

2014 sj evo ......need advice on changing looks

Recently got a 2014 sj comp evo and although I love the bike, im finding I don't like the way it looks. I bought the bike for the geometry it has and the way it feels which is awsome I might add.
    The more I ride it however the more I wish it looked better.
    The bike it matte black with bright red accents. Wanted to seeing anyone here had any ideas. I did a search and didnt come up with much.

I was considering going with gold Handel bars and pedals and changing all the red to black.

Any other ideas? Bueller bueller

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabob King View Post
    Recently got a 2014 sj comp evo and although I love the bike, im finding I don't like the way it looks. I bought the bike for the geometry it has and the way it feels which is awsome I might add.
    The more I ride it however the more I wish it looked better.
    The bike it matte black with bright red accents. Wanted to seeing anyone here had any ideas. I did a search and didnt come up with much.

I was considering going with gold Handel bars and pedals and changing all the red to black.

Any other ideas? Bueller bueller
    Bribe your dealer into getting you the extra decal set that ships with the Enduro or SJ EVO Experts. Allows you to change the look of the bike; pick your decal, apply it, and off you go with a new look.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Thanks...I was not aware I could do that. Does the specialized website show the decals? I did a search and saw there was a blue that looked nice. I wonder how hard it would be to put them on and have it come out looking professional.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabob King View Post
    Thanks...I was not aware I could do that. Does the specialized website show the decals? I did a search and saw there was a blue that looked nice. I wonder how hard it would be to put them on and have it come out looking professional.
    I am not sure if the extra decals fit on anything other than the two aforementioned models. Who knows, they might; looks like all the graphics on all the families are similar, and would probably line up, clashing colors notwithstanding.

It does say they're multi-decal capable, but very cryptically. On the bike page, it simply has this underneath the bike image: "Shown in Satin Carbon/Black Multi Decal."

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I'm more of a fan of little pops of color rather than buying more expensive parts just for their color. Cable housing, grips, seatpost clamps, etc... are cheaper and easier to swap out if you get bored of the color. That said, gold handlebars look pretty sick on a matte black bike.