mtbr member

2014 S-Works Trail shoes

Anybody have a pair? Mine hurt like hell. There is a ton of pressure on the side of my feet...below the upper dial. I tried to keep the boa a bit loose...but it felt like my foot is going to come out of the shoe.

They felt fine when I tried them on...but once riding especially downhill...they hurt like mad. I have a few rides ride on them...they seem to be loosening up a bit...but they still hurt after about an hour.

I have a pair of their Pro road shoes...and those are super comfortable.

Anyone experience similar?
    Cervelo S2
    Specialized Carve Pro
    Pivot Mach 5

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    Anybody have a pair? Mine hurt like hell. There is a ton of pressure on the side of my feet...below the upper dial. I tried to keep the boa a bit loose...but it felt like my foot is going to come out of the shoe.

They felt fine when I tried them on...but once riding especially downhill...they hurt like mad. I have a few rides ride on them...they seem to be loosening up a bit...but they still hurt after about an hour.

I have a pair of their Pro road shoes...and those are super comfortable.

Anyone experience similar?
    Honestly I haven't found any of the BOA shoes nearly as comfortable as the non-BOA specialized shoes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hum. I have a pair of rime shoes and they are super comfy. I havent had any problems with the boa. Probably best pair of shoes I have had so far. Didnt care for pearl izumis carbons, and bontrager shoes.

I would suggest taking them back for a return. Try the rime out or different pair of the sworks trail.

mtbr member
    Not sure I can take shoes back since I've already used them. Maybe I can try a shoe tree...
    Cervelo S2
    Specialized Carve Pro
    Pivot Mach 5

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Until I got my Rime shoes, I have not had a pair of specialized shoes that I like at all. My specialized dealer let me return mine for store credit after 3 months of use. I used that credit to purchase a pair of sidi dragons. Love them.

I use my Rime shoes for messy days and when I don't want to beat up my sidi shoes. I like the boa on these shoes so much that I've seriously thought about going back to a pair of S-Works MTB shoes. After hearing this...I'll get another pair of Sidi's. BTW, I've replaced the soles and buckles a few times in 2.5 years of endurance riding...sidi's still going strong. Only getting another pair so I have a pretty pair.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    This doesn't sound good. Picked up a pair this week but it will be another month before I get to use them.