mtbr member
    May 2008

2014 S Works FACT Crank Arms only available on complete bikes?

I am building an S Works SJ and was planning on using 2014 S Works crank arms.

I looked on Specialized's website and the S Works crank arms available are the same as the last couple of years (which I have). I called Specialized to ask about a Q factor question and also asked when the 2014 crank arms will be available. Apparently, the new design for the crank arms will only be available on complete bikes.

Does that seem odd? I can see Specialized only offering a neutral color way in wheel sets or the crank arms; but it seems odd that they wouldn't make the new crank arms available at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 S Works FACT Crank Arms only available on complete bikes?-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    it seems like a bad thing especially b/c I think the majority of folks that would buy them are riding Specialized....so you are leaving loyal customers hanging....

mtbr member
    Probably limited production capability and can only make enough to satisfy production for the epics and stumpjumpers. I wouldn't be surprised if they are offered next year. Could also be doing it as motivation for people to buy the complete bike.
    S-Works all the bikes!
    Just another used cat for sale

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3forks View Post
    I am building an S Works SJ and was planning on using 2014 S Works crank arms.

I looked on Specialized's website and the S Works crank arms available are the same as the last couple of years (which I have). I called Specialized to ask about a Q factor question and also asked when the 2014 crank arms will be available. Apparently, the new design for the crank arms will only be available on complete bikes.

Does that seem odd? I can see Specialized only offering a neutral color way in wheel sets or the crank arms; but it seems odd that they wouldn't make the new crank arms available at all.
    I use 28t single chainring and I can't install that size in that s-works 2014 crankset!! So maybe I will sale it and I will buy a xx1 crankset I will let u know if I want to sell it ok!!

amd
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I was told by specialized earlier this year that they would sell them individually once they got caught up on their full bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I am selling the 2014 crankset, though shipment would be from Germany.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkinho View Post
    I am selling the 2014 crankset, though shipment would be from Germany.
    I live in Sardinia. Are you selling the single or the double one ?
    '13 Stumpy fsr Elite 29 pimped
    '15 Tarmac Sworks

mtbr member
    May 2008
    The single!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Specialized sells some of their parts through their warranty department as a non warranty item. I would ask my LBS to call the warranty department and get the cranks through them.

I had to do this with a shock part for a Trail SX. Its not an officially for sale part, LOL.

The XX1 Spiders for Sworks cranks were initially only this route.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    i am interested in purchasing these crank arms. let me know.. active0001@aol.com
    thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    hi. are your 2014 cranks still available? very interested. thanks

mtbr member
    May 2008
    they are on ebay. Please feel free to ask for shipping costs.

Specialized S-Works carbon MTB Kurbel 2014, S-Works Crankset, XX1, neu, 34Z | eBay