mtbr member

2014 s-works epic brain problem?

Anyone else out there have a problem with their 2014 s works epic brain.Just finished building my WC last night and there seems to be a problem with the brain(no difference between full firm to full plush).Even with brain full firm i can compress the shock very easy.I've been riding a demo expert WC that my shop lent me for 2 weeks so I know how it's supposed to feel.Scary thing is I just dropped it off at my LBS and they were busy building another one for a customer.I waited till they were finished to check that bike out and guess what?same problem.I hope I havn't spent loads of money on yet another mass specialized shock failure.Anyone else have this problem?As I said before,the 2014 expert WC that I was riding was perfect.

mtbr member
    My wife's seams to work fine (other than the autosag). I hope you get it sorted out quickly.
    2014 S-Works Epic World Cup
    2014 S-Works Epic (wife's)

mtbr member
    What a up/ down day I had yesterday.So I end up back at my lbs,lucky for me when I get there the local Spez rep is there.He spends 5 min with the bike and says you 100% correct,the rear brain is faulty.He makes a few phonecalls,speaks to the shop owner and then tells me they going to take a shock off another WC frame that the shop has in stock and do a swap out and I can have the bike back same day .Great service from Spez and my lbs.Just to add epicyz the shock I changed worked perfect except for the autosag feature.Same problem as you,it lets air out but not enough to get the required sag.After I did the autosag there was waaay over 200 still in the shock( I weigh 150 lb).Before I get loads of replies about how to do autosag,believe me I know how to do it.Shop tech did it as well as the Spez rep and agreed it was not working as should.I just did a manual pump and all is good .I could send in for warranty but I just want to ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I have the same problem with both the shock and the Brain fork. Regardless of the setting, there is not lock out feature like prior Brain suspension.