mtbr member
    Jan 2011

2014 Enduro Comp 29er - Your Fork Settings

I am looking for some direction with the new Pike Fork as mine seems to be too harsh and not sure which way to adjust.

I am currently running just over 25% sag with 12 clicks out from slow on the rebound.

What are you running?

Deere Rider
    That sag is similar to what I am using...I think. I typically set my rear shock very precisely, initially set the fork to around 5% less sag than the shock, and then fine tune the fork to match the "feel" of the rear shock.

I should probably check my current sag. I came down 10-15 psi in the fork from my initial setting. This was to match the feel of the rear shock (rear around 27-30% sag). The Pike is very "soft" in the top of its stroke and may fool you into thinking you have the air correct when it may be a bit too high...just my theory. Once I came down on the air pressure I was bottoming just a bit too much. I added an extra token (went from the factory 1 to 2). That was too much progression so I cut a token in half and 1.5 tokens feels pretty good on bottom resistance.

In this colder weather I am only using +2 clicks of compression. I'm not sure where my rebound is as I just set it to match the "feel" on the rear. Things were a bit too bouncy initially so I increased rebound in the rear a bit as well as the front.

I'm not sure if my rambling is helpful... My experience with the Pike is it is a very smooth and sensitive fork. You probably know but things that can affect harshness is too much air, too much compression, and too much rebound. I guess you could just play with one variable at a time to do some experimentation.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thanks for the reply,

Mine doesn't have the compressing setting control as mine is a comp and did not come with that version of the PIKE fork

How many clicks of rebound are you running?

mtbr member
    You do have a compression setting. It is on top of the right side. You do not have a low speed compression setting. I have mine set to 4 clicks from full open. Rebound I also have at 4 clicks from wide open. Pressure is set to 51 psi for a 200 lb rider weight.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Salespunk View Post
    You do have a compression setting. It is on top of the right side. You do not have a low speed compression setting. I have mine set to 4 clicks from full open. Rebound I also have at 4 clicks from wide open. Pressure is set to 51 psi for a 200 lb rider weight.
    Actually, it IS a low speed compression adjuster.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Thank you for the help; I will adjust my settings tonight and see how it rides tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by titusquasi View Post
    That sag is similar to what I am using...I think. I typically set my rear shock very precisely, initially set the fork to around 5% less sag than the shock, and then fine tune the fork to match the "feel" of the rear shock.

I should probably check my current sag. I came down 10-15 psi in the fork from my initial setting. This was to match the feel of the rear shock (rear around 27-30% sag). The Pike is very "soft" in the top of its stroke and may fool you into thinking you have the air correct when it may be a bit too high...just my theory. Once I came down on the air pressure I was bottoming just a bit too much. I added an extra token (went from the factory 1 to 2). That was too much progression so I cut a token in half and 1.5 tokens feels pretty good on bottom resistance.

In this colder weather I am only using +2 clicks of compression. I'm not sure where my rebound is as I just set it to match the "feel" on the rear. Things were a bit too bouncy initially so I increased rebound in the rear a bit as well as the front.

I'm not sure if my rambling is helpful... My experience with the Pike is it is a very smooth and sensitive fork. You probably know but things that can affect harshness is too much air, too much compression, and too much rebound. I guess you could just play with one variable at a time to do some experimentation.

What is a token?