mtbr member
    Jun 2013

2014 Enduro Comp 26

Has anyone ordered one if these and received it yet?

I've seen the 29ers show up but its a mystery on the 26.

I've ordered one and its supposed to show up soon, I'm dying to hear that they are starting to show up at the LBSs. Any news?

Hookster

mtbr member
    I ordered mine this week. Dealer said that Specialized had 40 in stock. Hopefully I will get it in a couple weeks. Bike looks really nice. It only needs couple things upgraded.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    What color did you get? I went with Black/Black, but found out they pulled the date on that color, so I went with cyan/black so I didn't risk waiting until late Sept to get it. I'll be happy with that color, but I think the B/B looks sick.

Mine shows up at the LBS on Tuesday

mtbr member
    I got the black/cyan because I think the cyan really looks good. I am upgrading the wheels to 2013 crossmax sx. Hopefully the bike will rock. I am coming from a 2011 santa cruz heckler.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookster View Post
    Have you have a chance to ride your bike yet? If so how does it ride? No dealer around me stocks bikes like this, so I had to take a chance and order it without riding one first.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by tmoney View Post
    Have you have a chance to ride your bike yet? If so how does it ride? No dealer around me stocks bikes like this, so I had to take a chance and order it without riding one first.

Yep. Have rode downhill, XC, feature park and steep switchback type trails.

I've only owned a HT pile of junk and a 2011 Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er, so I don't have much to compare it to.

But in any case the bike is a beast. It is so well rounded and climbs better than my SJ did and kills it on the DH trails. The Pike is a super amazing fork and in combination with the rear CTD Fox shock it soaks up everything. Everything feels so smooth and stable. The bike is very quiet too. Maybe it's just because I came off a 29er, but it is so nimble and turns so much better, the bike handles like a dream.

The Formula brakes are amazing. They are 100x better than the Avid Elixer junk Specialized has on other bikes. So much stopping power and they make ZERO noise. I have no idea why Specialized ever decided to use Avid Elixers.

Specialized got it right this year with the spec and if anyone is considering this as an all around bike you will not be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Awesome, thank you for the ride report. I just got mine on saturday and wanted to upgrade a couple things. I replaced the wheels with crossmax sx's, replaced the bar with a raceface sixc, and replaced the brakes with shimano xt's. With Straitline pedals and tubeless, my medium complete bike weighs 29 lbs. Going riding today to test it out! 2014 Enduro Comp 26-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Congrats! Now you just need a dropper post and convert to
    1x10.

mtbr member
    Thanks hookster! I agree with the dropper. That is next on the list. I haven't decided on the the KS LEV integra, or the Reverb stealth. I may go 1x11 later on, not sure yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    If you do 32t is perfect so you can still climb

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Hey guys, any updates on how you're all liking this bike and how well it's held up and performing? I'm looking for something around $3K and I need it to climb as well as it descends, so I'm thinking the Enduro Comp it the perfect ride. I'm clueless as to get a 26" or a 29" though...