mtbr member

2013 Weight question....

Does anyone know the weights of a 2013 Stumpjumper comp, Carve pro or Carve comp?
    What about the bare frame weights?
    I just wish specialized would list this kind of simple info.
    uʍop əpıs ɹəqqnɹ əɥʇ dəəʞ ɹəqɯəɯəɹ pəɥsɐɹɔ əʌɐɥ ʇɥƃıɯ noʎ sıɥʇ pɐəɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

mtbr member
    Concerned about the small's. But it boils down to trying to find the weight differences between the different models. So it would be great if you all will list the weights of your bike out of box along with the size.

NedwannaB

I believe it's all been covered

Quote Originally Posted by wvmtb View Post
    Concerned about the small's. But it boils down to trying to find the weight differences between the different models. So it would be great if you all will list the weights of your bike out of box along with the size.
    You should find it all in here, except the Carve it seems:

2013 Specialized Mountain Bikes ? Complete Overview & Actual Weights - Bike Rumor

2013 Carve
    Last edited by JMac47; 04-15-2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: typo
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    My Carve Expert(medium) was 25.7 out of the box, I believe the same size in the Pro model weighs damned near identicle IIRC from someone getting one on this forum. I know for a fact that the XXL Carve Pro is just over 26 lbs.

Dunno about the Comp model Carves.

2012 Stumpy Comp is 24.5 lbs in medium, FWIW.. not sure about the 2013.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the replies. Ordered the Carve Pro last night. I should have it in a few days then I can give it to my wife. Also ordered her a Stans Wheelset to lighten it right out of the box. Knowing us I'm sure it won't be long before it has carbon bars, Thomson Seat post, etc.... I'll update with some weights after I get it.

Trail Rider
    Jun 2009
    My Expert, 25.7 out of the box, came home at 24.25 since I ordered Stans Flows EXs, a Phenom seat, and swapped the rear Ground Control out for a Fast Traks at the same time I ordered the bike

mtbr member
    Picked it up last night. Before I left the shop we weighed it and it was at 25lbs 11oz with out pedals. It's a small. But we should have the stans wheelset on it by the 1st of the week. Have carbon bars we will probably rob off another bike and will probably put a Thomson seat post on it. Along with the possibility of swapping out the tires. So it has a lot of weight to loose real soon.

Anyone want a pretty bike for their wife? We have a small Specialized Era loaded up with Sram XO components. It has very low miles and is in excellent condition.