• 01-07-2013
    CoppellStereo
    2013 Stumpy FSR Expert EVO w/ XX1 - New Pictures
  • 01-07-2013
    adamant
    picture of the dog...classic...pup wants to ride! What's he thinking: i was replaced by that THING?

    nice build. Dirt = use. Yeah!
  • 01-07-2013
    5power
    I dig it!!! I'm on board for xx1 this season on the evo also!!!
  • 01-08-2013
    mzorich
    how is it running with no chain guide. i have a 12 evo that i run 1x10 but i want to convert to the xx1 before summer. my biggest worry is that i ride this bike extremely hard and i like to point it down rocky trails and with no chain guide it scares me. i cant even remember a mtb i have ever had that didnt have one.
  • 01-08-2013
    stumpynerd
    Sweet ride, but I have to say drop the platforms and run clipless.
  • 01-08-2013
    CoppellStereo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by adamant View Post
    picture of the dog...classic...pup wants to ride! What's he thinking: i was replaced by that THING?

    nice build. Dirt = use. Yeah!

    lol! she has seen a little less love since I got it! poor cocoa! ha!

    All my bikes get used a lot, definitely an addiction!
  • 01-08-2013
    CoppellStereo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by mzorich View Post
    how is it running with no chain guide. i have a 12 evo that i run 1x10 but i want to convert to the xx1 before summer. my biggest worry is that i ride this bike extremely hard and i like to point it down rocky trails and with no chain guide it scares me. i cant even remember a mtb i have ever had that didnt have one.

    The trails around here are super rocky, and have had no issues with the chain coming off, definitely a scary thought not having a chain guide but so far it's worked perfectly!

    Here is a view from my ride yesterday:
    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...73692621_o.jpg
  • 01-08-2013
    CoppellStereo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by stumpynerd View Post
    Sweet ride, but I have to say drop the platforms and run clipless.

    At least you didn't tell me to get a 29er. I have clipless on my road bike but definitely not going to put them on my trail bike.

    Have you ridden a nice pair of platforms and some platform pedal shoes? I used to ride clipless and will never go back. Try bailing from your bike mid-jump with clipless and let me know what happens.

    You should definitely check out this article about about muscle usage while pedaling: Which Muscles are Really Used During the Pedal Stroke? | Mountain Bike Training Programs
  • 01-08-2013
    rcjonessnp175
    Nice pick looks like Colorado, I'm in the springs myself and the evo with xx1 is epic! No need for another chain device ever, super silent and super smooth trail bikes dream group for sure .


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
  • 01-08-2013
    Tim2103
    Bike looks badass! Favorite picture is definitely the one with the pooch in it.
  • 01-08-2013
    eurospek
    Looks very dialed! Love this year's color scheme.
  • 01-08-2013
    CoppellStereo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by rcjonessnp175 View Post
    Nice pick looks like Colorado, I'm in the springs myself and the evo with xx1 is epic! No need for another chain device ever, super silent and super smooth trail bikes dream group for sure .


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

    I actually live in Rapid City, SD, a mountain bike mecca that no one knows about! I actually road Section 16 at Red Rocks in late November, we rode it, we rode it clockwise, bombing down that really rocky section was a blast! Definitely got lots of air!
  • 01-08-2013
    CoppellStereo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Looks very dialed! Love this year's color scheme.

    Thanks!! I had last year's and I thought that color scheme was awesome and was a little hesitant about ordering the 2013 but now that I have the 2013, I love the color so much more than the 2012!

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Tim2103 View Post
    Bike looks badass! Favorite picture is definitely the one with the pooch in it.

    Thanks! It rides even better than it looks! My wife's favorite picture was of our dog too, she might just be jealous that I got a new bike and she didn't! ha!
  • 01-09-2013
    whitedoom34
    Interesting brake lever setup? May I ask why?
  • 01-09-2013
    terrible
    Quote:

    And I know it will be asked, I have both levers on the same side due to a disability with my left hand.
    It's in the first line of his post.
  • 01-09-2013
    stumpynerd
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by CoppellStereo View Post
    At least you didn't tell me to get a 29er. I have clipless on my road bike but definitely not going to put them on my trail bike.

    Have you ridden a nice pair of platforms and some platform pedal shoes? I used to ride clipless and will never go back. Try bailing from your bike mid-jump with clipless and let me know what happens.

    You should definitely check out this article about about muscle usage while pedaling: Which Muscles are Really Used During the Pedal Stroke? | Mountain Bike Training Programs

    I have no problem on my local trails in southeastern Wyoming with clipless. Here is a vid of what our some of our trails are like. Seriously drop the platforms, been there done that a decade ago. Even downhillers run them at our local trails. The biggest downfall from platforms is slipping off the pedals in techy areas.

    Mountain biking skin and bones Curt Gowdy State Park Wyoming - YouTube
  • 01-09-2013
    CoppellStereo
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by stumpynerd View Post
    I have no problem on my local trails in southeastern Wyoming with clipless. Here is a vid of what our some of our trails are like. Seriously drop the platforms, been there done that a decade ago. Even downhillers run them at our local trails. The biggest downfall from platforms is slipping off the pedals in techy areas.

    Mountain biking skin and bones Curt Gowdy State Park Wyoming - YouTube

    That video is sick! Definitely going to make a trip down there this year! Looks like a blast! I'm a trials rider before I am a mountain biker and I do know what you mean about helping hold you feet on, but ever since I went full suspension I haven't really had that issue. If I get more into racing there's a good chance I'll switch. I guess I like what I'm comfortable with, thanks for the friendly advice though!
  • 01-10-2013
    stumpynerd
    Yeah, its a sweet area, there are tons of options for riding in south east wyoming. You got the snowy range to the west, northern colorado to the south, and happy jack & curt gowdy to the east. Great cross country sking too!
  • 01-10-2013
    jclyle
    What are you using as a chain guide? Is that a N-Gear product?
  • 01-10-2013
    CoppellStereo
    I actually pulled the guide off, the metal mount is still sticking up though. It's a MRP AMG guide, almost made specifically for the XX1. I decided to pull the guide off and have had no issues!