mtbr member

2013 Stumpjumper FSR Carbon EVO with XX1

Hey guys, I just got a new bike and added XX1. Took it on it's maiden voyage today and it was amazing. It's still a little confusing not having a front shifter but it definitely brings me back to my singlespeed days. I'll definitely try to get some more pictures soon.

The shifting on the XX1 is the best shifting I have ever felt, you barely press the lever and it downshifts, also I never wished I had more gears.

mtbr member
    Nice! I did the all black frame only option and built it with xx1. I too love it!

mtbr member
    How is the ride? Is the Talas any good?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.Montana View Post
    How is the ride? Is the Talas any good?
    It rides awesome, you can actually feel how much stiffer the 34 fork is up front. As for the TALAS, not a big fan, I used it multiple times today and didn't see any benefits. It definitely makes your bike feel weird in the low setting.

The XX1 shifts so quiet compared to what I'm used to. A few shifts there was no audible noise and the only way you could tell it shifted is because it got easier to pedal.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    need to go have a cold shower... thats so sexy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CoppellStereo View Post
    It rides awesome, you can actually feel how much stiffer the 34 fork is up front. As for the TALAS, not a big fan, I used it multiple times today and didn't see any benefits. It definitely makes your bike feel weird in the low setting.

The XX1 shifts so quiet compared to what I'm used to. A few shifts there was no audible noise and the only way you could tell it shifted is because it got easier to pedal.
    Sounds great, i got the bike myself(stock, apart from crossmax sx's) but the weather in Denmark isnt really for trailshredding, so havent tried the thing yet

Without ever trying a TALAS, i dont think im a fan either(based on peoples experinces) so im thinking about converting it to a float. Is a TALAS that bad when it comes to stiction and small bump sensivity?

But that bike is a thing of beauty, your picture doesnt do it any justice

Urban Ninja
    Dude, Sick bike!
    For Sale: EPIC

Send it!

www.rayscyclebicycles.com

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hello! Following your steps! finally got my free hubbody and did the installation
    Ill go for a ride this weekend to test it and ill take more pictures and tell my impressions.
    For now it looks so clean and simple, the way i like it!!

Frame M
    22.78lbs 10.330kg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Carbon EVO with XX1-img_0104.jpg  

2013 Stumpjumper FSR Carbon EVO with XX1-img_0102.jpg  

2013 Stumpjumper FSR Carbon EVO with XX1-img_0103.jpg  

2013 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Evo 29er M
    2011 Stumpjumper S-Works HT 29er 19"

mtbr member
    Let us know what you think of those wheels!

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Here is my SW Evo with XX1. Comes in at 25.5 lbs. Super pumped to get out and SHIP IT!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Carbon EVO with XX1-image.jpg  

Last edited by rileymeister; 12-19-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Finally stateside again
    i have a 2012 evo and am thinking about doing it. i am 1x10 right now with a 32t in front and the stock 11x 36 in back. while i like the set up it kills me on longer steeper climbs. did it add any weight to the back end of the bike. thats my only worry with it with how big that cassette is

mtbr member
    The cassette only weighs 260g. Thats 40g lighter than the SRAM 1050 on the 2012 expert evo.
    I went from a 2011 Evo to a 2013 evo with xx1 and the rear feels even lighter than before.

Finally stateside again
    thats awesome to here. i think once spring rolls around i am going to switch my setup

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OSCORP View Post
    Hello! Following your steps! finally got my free hubbody and did the installation
    Ill go for a ride this weekend to test it and ill take more pictures and tell my impressions.
    For now it looks so clean and simple, the way i like it!!

Frame M
    22.78lbs 10.330kg

Renegades and no dropper post? Why get a stumpy evo and turn it into an epic?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hi, I don't really have use for a dropper post and not a fan of having one, I sold it to a friend. On the renegades I think they work great for what I do and my previous bikes had them, 2011epic and 2011 sworks HT, but I wanted a stumpy fsr for its more comfortable ride and geometry, now I have a hybrid bike that's exactly what I wanted, I know its weird to do this, also I love the Evo colors
    2013 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Evo 29er M
    2011 Stumpjumper S-Works HT 29er 19"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rileymeister View Post
    Here is my SW Evo with XX1. Comes in at 25.5 lbs. Super pumped to get out and SHIP IT!
    That's the epitome of a modern mountain bike right there, light as hell and ready to take on anything. Some angles make a bike look great and yours looks properly composed there.
    Santa Cruz Blur TRc

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Thanks Steve, you are spot on! The lightweight but super capable trail bikes are a blast! There is nothing on this bike that is aimed at making a weight weenie.

I do have a few changes planned this winter that include switching from the Fox 36 to a Fox 34. The 36 is great but a little overkill. If the 34 was out when I bought this fork, it would have been a no brainer. The other change is switching back to a Butcher front tire and Purgatory rear. The Conti's are nice tires but not aggressive enough.

Go faster!
    Nice rides. I'm interested to hear how the new XX1 holds up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Hi, may I know the size of the chainring that you are using? Could you fit 38T chainring to the StumpJumper FSR?