mtbr member
    Jul 2012

2013 stumpjumper fsr 29 - Comp or Evo? (Fox or Rockshox?)

Hi!

Im about to order the new stumpjumper fsr 2013 and I need some help to find the best choice...

Could you guys take a look at the speclist for me? Wich fork would be better?

Fox float 29 CTD 130mm?
    or
    Rockshox revelation 29 RC3 140mm?

The 10mm difference doesnt really matter to me... Evo is more expansive because of the command post. I would like to have one but I can put one on the Comp too!

Thanks!

Evo:

nsmb.com/assets/2012/images/bend/31.jpg

Comp:

nsmb.com/assets/2012/images/bend/30.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    My question is why not have fox 34's on the evo at least? A 32 under me from anyone (fox, rs) with more than 120mm is a noodle (I weigh 195 geared up). I really like that bike but I would swap to a fox 34 right off the bat and limit travel if need be...and I don't even really like fox that much. But these bikes need 34's on them. Rockshox needs to come out with a 34mm fork with a real 20mm axle...15mm axle is another annoying "new standard"

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Is there a tapered fox 34 float 29er 140mm in black? I only see them in white...

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    If specialized wanted one fox would have it in a heartbeat for them....

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Specialized does have Fox make a 150mm 34. They put it on the 26" evo carbon. The alu evo gets a 32 rockshox. Both bikes deserve 34's IMHO.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Agreed. These bikes need 34s if you're going to ride them as intended. Shoot, I knock the stanchion tubes loose on Fox forks every 2-4 months on my race/trail bike, let alone a bike that sees more rugged use!

As far as Comp or Evo, it really depends on your focus. The Comp will be a bit more targeted at all around use, while the Evo is a bit more focussed on going downhill.

But they are so close, you could darn near choose based on color, or which noodly 32 fork you think will fetch more on ebay when you swap for a 34.
    The drive towards achievement and success is the motive power of civilization.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Trixie24 View Post
    Is there a tapered fox 34 float 29er 140mm in black? I only see them in white...
    I bought the white f34. Then had it vinyl wrapped in a matte black. Done.

And since 70% of us HATE the white. They can be had cheaper. I bot mine new for 750 shipped.

Man the f34 Made a HUGE difference. And I am only 165 geared up.

I can't imagine what it would be like to ride a f32 140mm fox RL being 180+. That would be a limp noodle.....

mtbr member
    i'm in the same boat, can't decide which one. Is the Evo that much more aggressive?

Zc7
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Evo has wider rims, longer travel(front and rear), comes standard with a dropper post, 20QR instead of 15QR, all for only 300 bucks more. Why not?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I was in the same dilemna i went with the comp.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    In my opinion, if you are going to upgrade from the comp, and stick with an aluminum frame go with the elite. It still has the command post and also has the BRAIN.
    I only wish it wasn't black and gold, I'm not a big fan of gold, but it has some sick graphics though!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    i went thru the same dilemma, but i ended up with the comp due to my smaller build.

However i feel that the dropper is added bonus if you are ok with the Evo geometry

mtbr member
    What does the fsr comp weigh in at in a medium?