Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 88
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,666

    2013 Stumpjumper EVO pics...

    IS here! (well, at the LBS at least) She should be in my hands very shortly, My Precious

    Anyone else who has received their 2013 evo, please feel free to add pics to this thread. I've started this thread from my obsession of the bike and for the general benefit of the community, of course.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sugar_Brad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    633
    Just built one for a customer

    " width="549">

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mzorich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    IS here! (well, at the LBS at least) She should be in my hands very shortly, My Precious

    Anyone else who has received their 2013 evo, please feel free to add pics to this thread. I've started this thread from my obsession of the bike and for the general benefit of the community, of course.
    why does the box say black and lime. i thought the 13s were black and orange.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rcjonessnp175's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    500
    Believe thats the Expert thats black and orange not the comp.....

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,666
    Here she is... Her name is HARMONY. Because everything on this bike just works together so beautifully. 2013 Stumpjumper EVO pics...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346092713.773017.jpg
    2013 Stumpjumper EVO pics...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346092740.602835.jpg
    2013 Stumpjumper EVO pics...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346092763.835455.jpg

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    Here she is... Her name is HARMONY. Because everything on this bike just works together so beautifully. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346092713.773017.jpg 
Views:	5299 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	719882
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346092740.602835.jpg 
Views:	3809 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	719885
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346092763.835455.jpg 
Views:	6578 
Size:	354.6 KB 
ID:	719886
    looks awesome! When is the maiden voyage?! Found out mine didn't get delivered today but my lbs said it should still be early this week. I guess early this week must mean Tuesday? Cause Wednesday is mid week in my book.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    15
    gah .. I want my carbon expert ..

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mzorich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by speedracers4 View Post
    gah .. I want my carbon expert ..
    your going to love it. i feel like i am cheating on mine if i am riding one of my other bikes. the bike is pure heaven

  9. #9
    I like turtles
    Reputation: TiGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,797
    I want to see the hardtail Evos man...the hardtails!
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

    2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by mzorich View Post
    your going to love it. i feel like i am cheating on mine if i am riding one of my other bikes. the bike is pure heaven
    You already got yours? My LBS said late September for my expert carbon to get in

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Sugar_Brad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    633
    Big shipment coming late September/early October.

  12. #12
    I like turtles
    Reputation: TiGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,797
    I still haven't heard any rumor of the Evo HTs beyond the carbon one will be a rigid. Anyone know what the aluminum version will look like this year?
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

    2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

  13. #13
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGeo View Post
    I still haven't heard any rumor of the Evo HTs beyond the carbon one will be a rigid. Anyone know what the aluminum version will look like this year?
    I work for reps

    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    Found specs for the 2013 Stumpjumper Evo HT(alloy)



    Full spec at 2013 Specialized Stumpjumper EVO 29 | Babylon Bike Shop

    Cliff's Notes on changes from 2012 model...

    Fox Float CTD Evolution fork
    Magura MTS brakes
    Sram X0 Type 2, mid cage

  14. #14
    I like turtles
    Reputation: TiGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,797
    Looks like the grips are different than the 2012 and the front tire is now a 2.3 vs. 2.2 on this year's model. Finally, they have 28mm rims where this year I believe they were 26mm. Looks great!
    Geologist by trade...bicycle mechanic (former) by the grace of God!

    2012 Specialized Stumpy EVO 29 HT

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    358
    Anyone know what the MSRP on the 13 FSR Evo Comp 26 is going to be?

  16. #16
    Cut Casing Whisperer
    Reputation: Mr.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,350
    Beauty! Need detailed ride report!

    P

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotatacomaTRD View Post
    Anyone know what the MSRP on the 13 FSR Evo Comp 26 is going to be?
    I'm pretty sure it's unchanged at $3300

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mzorich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    653
    when can we expect to see a far evo expert on here.

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17

    2013 Stumpjumper Comp evo size

    What size would or should I order. I'm 5.5" and my old stumpy comp 2006 was small

    This felt alittle tiny but when riding a medium this felt to big.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mzorich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerglass View Post
    What size would or should I order. I'm 5.5" and my old stumpy comp 2006 was small

    This felt alittle tiny but when riding a medium this felt to big.
    i am just under 6ft tall and ride a med with a 50mm stem and the bike is perfect. when i had the 60mm stem the bike actually felt to big.

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by mzorich View Post
    i am just under 6ft tall and ride a med with a 50mm stem and the bike is perfect. when i had the 60mm stem the bike actually felt to big.
    Thanks

    So does the small and medium come with same stem (60mm)

    If so going on what you say me at 5.5 I'll be better on a small

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mzorich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerglass View Post
    Thanks

    So does the small and medium come with same stem (60mm)

    If so going on what you say me at 5.5 I'll be better on a small
    im not sure about the small. btw i ride a 2012 evo expert not the comp. i know the frame geo is the same just different components

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by mzorich View Post
    im not sure about the small. btw i ride a 2012 evo expert not the comp. i know the frame geo is the same just different components

    Ok thanks

    How is the bike ?

    Good ?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mzorich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerglass View Post
    Ok thanks

    How is the bike ?

    Good ?
    best bike ever hands down. i have a dh bike and a 4x bike and i have barely touched them this summer. i am on the stumpy 2 or 3 times a week and the bike is a complete beast. it helped me fall in love with riding again. my only my only complaints are i didn't like the bars and stem so i changed them. i am going 1x10 this week and the tires are not the best. but other then that the bike is a blast.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,666
    I've only got 2 rides on mine so far but I can tell I am starting a love affair. My wife is going to be jealous. Love the ride so far, still tweaking adjustments and ride characteristics but such an improvement over my 08 stumpy, simply by design. Swapped stem for a 50mm Thomson x4, cuz I had one, swapped grips for oury's cuz I love them, swapped saddle for charge spoon cuz my ass appreciates it, and went 1x10 with a bbg bash guard sandwich setup.... with a 32t front ring. Really psyched about that, rides awesome and is super quiet. I might even remove the pulley/stinger setup since I don't think it would be necessary and could reduce weight/ friction even further. Will have to evaluate its necessity over the next few rides. Still awaiting carbon bars, and not sold on the purgatory rear tire - though I do like the butcher in front. Have done tubeless conversion as well. Really happy to find spec included removable core valve stems for that. Nice touch.

    Will post pimped pics in a few days.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3
    Just finished putting mine together tonight...I'll give it a thorough thrashing tomorrow.

    Swapped the bars and stem for Renthals and a 1x10 setup with XO Carbon Cranks and an E13 LG1 guide w/ 34t chainring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Stumpjumper EVO pics...-photo.jpg  


  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    17
    I want to see someone buy this fully rigid carbon Evo and give some feedback. Looks ballsy but fun!

  28. #28
    scn
    scn is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    68
    @ Bad Andy and Mzorich. Are you both riding 150 mm forks without travel adjustment? I am asking because it seems my potential build and your builds/riding styles may be similar to mine and I am unsure of going fixed travel. My options would be a 160/120 mm talas or a float reduced to 150 mm.

    Do you ever find yourself wanting to be able to drop the front? And do you think 160 mm would be too slack for the handling characteristics? thanks in advance

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    @ Bad Andy and Mzorich. Are you both riding 150 mm forks without travel adjustment? I am asking because it seems my potential build and your builds/riding styles may be similar to mine and I am unsure of going fixed travel. My options would be a 160/120 mm talas or a float reduced to 150 mm.

    Do you ever find yourself wanting to be able to drop the front? And do you think 160 mm would be too slack for the handling characteristics? thanks in advance
    No travel adjust on the stock rockshox fork. I find it fine for climbing, doesn't seem to wander any. In comparison with my 08 stumpy fsr, which was what I rode pre-EVO (that bike was less slack and more steep by design, so the fact that) this bike is no worse climbing, maybe even marginally better, is a true testament to the excellence and balance in the current stumpy's design. Some people may feel it necessary for travel adjust up front, but I feel it works fine, at 150mm at least. Any taller up front though and you might find wandering tendencies come out more and front travel adjustment may be more useful in overcoming that. I'd think going over the 150mm travel and having a longer axle to crown length may truly put the already excellent handling in jeopardy. YMMV though - to each his own.

    By the way, friend of mine just got the same bike, in size small.

    Reunited sisters, from another mister!...

    2013 Stumpjumper EVO pics...-imageuploadedbytapatalk1346438467.529262.jpg

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mzorich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    @ Bad Andy and Mzorich. Are you both riding 150 mm forks without travel adjustment? I am asking because it seems my potential build and your builds/riding styles may be similar to mine and I am unsure of going fixed travel. My options would be a 160/120 mm talas or a float reduced to 150 mm.

    Do you ever find yourself wanting to be able to drop the front? And do you think 160 mm would be too slack for the handling characteristics? thanks in advance
    i have no problems with it. i got the lock out on mine so if i come to something really steep i will lock it. i also may not know the difference as well. this is my first am bike and my first bike thats capable of going up hill. i used to ride my dh bike that weighed 38lbs up everything so having my evo that weighs 26lbs is a dream.

    as far as running running 160mm on the bike is something i am pretty against. i changes the way the bike rides a lot and it will actually void your warranty. i know a lot of people in the 2012 forum were putting the 36 on the bike and i thought it was stupid and they were ruining everything this bike was about. this winter i am going to put the 34 float on mine. not a huge fan of the 32 that came stock but i wanna give the 34 some time to work the kinks out

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rcjonessnp175's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    500
    34 160mm 2013 and love it!!!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mzorich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjonessnp175 View Post
    34 160mm 2013 and love it!!!
    i just don't see the point of needing the extra travel and voiding the warranty as well. the axell to crown height on the 34 when its set to 150mm is still taller then the recommended so having another inch on top of that. the bike must be close to a 65 degree HA

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rcjonessnp175's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    500
    I thought the same way as you until i rode it, all questions are answered with hands on testing thats for sure. From what i understand the 34 at 150 has the same axle to crown length as the 150 factory i put on it.

  34. #34
    scn
    scn is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    68
    Right on, RCJones. I am not opposed to 150 mm travel, but would rather keep a 36 mm stanchion and 20 mm axle like my current setup. I run my current 36 at 120 most of the time but its a 4X bike. So you like the 34 with the 15 mm axle? Any comparisons to having ridden a 36 in the past?

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rcjonessnp175's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    500
    Ya i had a 36 on my 2011 enduro pro and honestly i can't perceive any difference between the 36 and 34 as far as stiffness. I do think the 34's should have a 20mm axle but really the 15mm has been great and the 34 is a huge improvement over the 32's. Im happy i put it on the evo and have no complaints thus far.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    No travel adjust on the stock rockshox fork. I find it fine for climbing, doesn't seem to wander any. In comparison with my 08 stumpy fsr, which was what I rode pre-EVO (that bike was less slack and more steep by design, so the fact that) this bike is no worse climbing, maybe even marginally better, is a true testament to the excellence and balance in the current stumpy's design. Some people may feel it necessary for travel adjust up front, but I feel it works fine, at 150mm at least. Any taller up front though and you might find wandering tendencies come out more and front travel adjustment may be more useful in overcoming that. I'd think going over the 150mm travel and having a longer axle to crown length may truly put the already excellent handling in jeopardy. YMMV though - to each his own.

    By the way, friend of mine just got the same bike, in size small.

    Reunited sisters, from another mister!...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346438467.529262.jpg 
Views:	1880 
Size:	174.7 KB 
ID:	720816
    Hi

    What size bike have you got ? Is it a medium ?

    Whats the difference between the small and medium/large ? Did you sit on your friends bike and compare reach and stuff ?

    Just asking as i'm 5.5 and just about to order a small I think

    Thanks

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mzorich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by rcjonessnp175 View Post
    I thought the same way as you until i rode it, all questions are answered with hands on testing thats for sure. From what i understand the 34 at 150 has the same axle to crown length as the 150 factory i put on it.
    its 4mm taller. i still feel like the bike would be unbalanced once you put that extra 10mm on it. just don't see why you would need it for what the bike is built for

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    366
    I put a 160mm Lyrik on my 2012 Evo. Definitely stiffer than the 32mm stanchions that came with the bike and so far no harsh bottom out on some of the drops I like to take on some of my trails. I cannot tell a difference in geo with the extra 10mm. I measured the a to c on my 150mm Revelation and my Lyrik. It is exactly 10mm more. The bike rides the same once I fiddled with the saddle height and handlebar position. I dont notice any difference going up hill at all. Bike rides great with a 160 in my opinion, but to each their own. Also, it is my understanding that you wont void your warranty with a 160 fork. I test rode a 2012 evo with a 160 fork when Specialized came to town for a demo. The bike I rode was the personal bike of the Specialized employee running the demo. He said your warranty is fine with a 160 fork. A call to Specialized confirmed what he said... but sometimes not everyone at Specialized is on the same page. Good thing was my bike shop guys were right there when I was told this information so if I ever have a warranty claim, they'll back me up.

    I think there are many fork configurations that will work for this versatile bike. I think you should go with what your gut tells you and makes you happy. I know I'm glad I did.

  39. #39
    scn
    scn is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    68
    I got to ride one on various trails today and really liked the handling, but I found that even after increasing the shock air pressure about 20 psi over the auto sag setting that I was blowing through travel while pumping berms and transitions. The auto sag function seemed to provide close to 40% sag. Anyone have any similar experience? Or feel that the compression is a tad light? No harsh bottom outs on my ride, but I felt like I wasn't getting the snap out of turns, and maybe even losing some speed. It was a stock 2012 evo.

    Has anyone had additional tuning more specific to their riding style and if so did it help?

    I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a 2013 but want to figure out a couple more things.
    thanks for all the responses!

  40. #40
    Cut Casing Whisperer
    Reputation: Mr.P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,350
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    I found that even after increasing the shock air pressure about 20 psi over the auto sag setting that I was blowing through travel while pumping berms and transitions.
    Get the Fox float air chamber tuning kit.

    I did this on my Enduro. It's significant and it works:
    Tech Tuesday - How to Install a Fox Float Air-Volume Spacer - Pinkbike

    $25 at your LBS.

    P

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    366
    I second Mr. P's advice. I did the same and it helps.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Anyone know the difference between the small and medium setup ?

    Seen a few pictures above, was that the small on the right ?

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    Get the Fox float air chamber tuning kit.

    I did this on my Enduro. It's significant and it works:


    $25 at your LBS.

    P
    Is this still an option with the 2013 CTD Fox float shocks?

    Also would there be an equivalent mod for the fork? A RockShox Revelation RC3 on 2013.

    I just got my 2013 SJ FSR Evo Comp on Thursday and so far I am loving it! But I can see possibly wanting a firmer ride than the descend mode but more active than trail but I really haven't spent enough time on it to know that yet. I'm more just curious as to what my options for upgrading are in the future.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerglass View Post
    Anyone know the difference between the small and medium setup ?

    Seen a few pictures above, was that the small on the right ?
    I am 5' 10" and ordered a medium without riding the bike. I was a bit nervous that I might have preferred the large but now that I have it I think that they are quite roomy bikes. I can't imagine riding a large. Hope that is of some help.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy4747 View Post
    I am 5' 10" and ordered a medium without riding the bike. I was a bit nervous that I might have preferred the large but now that I have it I think that they are quite roomy bikes. I can't imagine riding a large. Hope that is of some help.


    Thanks mate

    I'm 5.5 and ordered a small. Just worried that its too small. As my old Norco SIght 2 SE 2012 was a medium

    Roll on the 19th now then 8)

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerglass View Post
    Thanks mate

    I'm 5.5 and ordered a small. Just worried that its too small. As my old Norco SIght 2 SE 2012 was a medium

    Roll on the 19th now then 8)
    I was doing the exact same thing when I was waiting for mine. I found this though (a size chart)it seems you are right inbetween sizes just like me. Hopefully you will feel the same way I do. Also one of the reasons to get a. 26 bike is the more flickable nature so a smaller frame emphasizes that where a bigger frame would hinder that.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by someguy4747 View Post
    I was doing the exact same thing when I was waiting for mine. I found this though (a size chart)it seems you are right inbetween sizes just like me. Hopefully you will feel the same way I do. Also one of the reasons to get a. 26 bike is the more flickable nature so a smaller frame emphasizes that where a bigger frame would hinder that.
    Here is the link Specialized Bike Size Guide | Cyclestore.co.uk it wouldn't let me post a link until I had 10 posts. The previous post was my 10th.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerglass View Post
    Anyone know the difference between the small and medium setup ?

    Seen a few pictures above, was that the small on the right ?
    If you're referring to the pic of my bike and it's sister... that is my buddy's small on the right. I think he's about 5'5" and he says it fits perfect.

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by bad andy View Post
    If you're referring to the pic of my bike and it's sister... that is my buddy's small on the right. I think he's about 5'5" and he says it fits perfect.
    Excellent

    So how tall are you on the medium

    I just borrowed my mates Stumpy FSR expert 2010 in a medium tonight and it felt perfect

    So worried a EVO small will be too small now

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,666
    I'm 5'9" and my medium fits great. I did swap the stock stem (60mm) for a Thomson x4 (50mm, just cuz I had it) though really, either way it is comfortable for me. FWIW, I have a 30" inseam. I didn't hop on my buddy's small to check it out, I will next time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •