Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 711
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,506
    I actually think their rear triangles are carbon on those bikes as they are S-Works level. The graphics are very similar. I like the one color understated let the riders legs to the talking look.

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    24
    Fork looks like quick release instead of thru axle. No dice.

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    99
    Went to my LBS saw a few new Hardrocks and Rockhoppers 2013 no high end stuff yet... Most likely July/Aug

    I couldn't wait ended up throwing the hammer on a 2012 Stump comp 29
    2012 Specialized StumpJumper HT Comp 29

  4. #104
    Eating Hot Pockets
    Reputation: A. Nony Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by maximumsport View Post
    Went to my LBS saw a few new Hardrocks and Rockhoppers 2013 no high end stuff yet... Most likely July/Aug

    I couldn't wait ended up throwing the hammer on a 2012 Stump comp 29
    unless you're talking about the hardtail, the 2013 FSR in that model looks sick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Specialized bike release dates?-stump.jpg  


  5. #105
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iamspartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    343
    That is the same color scheme use on the Carve for 2013 also (Gloss Black and Gloss Red).

  6. #106
    Eating Hot Pockets
    Reputation: A. Nony Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by iamspartacus View Post
    That is the same color scheme use on the Carve for 2013 also (Gloss Black and Gloss Red).
    sorta kinda
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Specialized bike release dates?-carvecomp.jpg  


  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1
    I would love to see a stumpy ...

  8. #108
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,418
    Moose - have any information on the Stumpy hardtails or upper level Carves?

  9. #109
    Eating Hot Pockets
    Reputation: A. Nony Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    504
    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    Moose - have any information on the Stumpy hardtails or upper level Carves?
    discontinued for 2013






    just kidding

    no i haven't seen anything on either of those....... yet

  10. #110
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Nony Moose View Post
    discontinued for 2013






    just kidding

    no i haven't seen anything on either of those....... yet


    Was about to scream bloody murder

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    99
    Wow that red and black carve looks awesome!! More pics.
    2012 Specialized StumpJumper HT Comp 29

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by iamspartacus View Post
    The 2013 Rockhopper has the A1 Premium Aluminum frame. The M4 is now only for the Carve and up. That was my HUGE dissappointment, besides all the other downgrades. Yes, the price dropped 60 bucks, but the I'd rather drop down 240 bucks more and go to the Hardrock for the same base frame.
    Wow, sounds like they're really lowering the specs each year. My 2011 RH Comp 29 has an M4 frame with sliding dropouts!

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    I believe the Carve Comp 2013 is $1600, which appears to be a set up from the previous year. Do prices go down throughout the year? I believe it's available around the start of July. I didn't see an pro or an expert listed yet.

    Looks badass, my only question is how much of a bump is there over a 2x10 and M4SL frame to justify the price?

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
    I believe the Carve Comp 2013 is $1600, which appears to be a set up from the previous year. Do prices go down throughout the year? I believe it's available around the start of July. I didn't see an pro or an expert listed yet.

    Looks badass, my only question is how much of a bump is there over a 2x10 and M4SL frame to justify the price?
    The 2012 expert was 1600 and similarly equipped to the 2013 comp at 1600. Which bottom bracket is on the 2013 comp?

    Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation: prezel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Nony Moose View Post
    unless you're talking about the hardtail, the 2013 FSR in that model looks sick
    Is there a chance to post a picture of the 2013 Stumpjumper FSR comp 26"?

    That would be great! Thanks a lot in advance

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bedell99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,250
    Post
    Last edited by bedell99; 06-21-2012 at 12:54 PM.

  17. #117
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99 View Post
    Why does Specialized have to be such an unethical company? They makes such beautiful bikes. I own an Epic and love it, but it bums me out how they treat there dealers and other brands.

    Erik
    What do you mean? What does specialize do thats bad? Not saying you're wrong just I wasn't aware of this.
    2012 Specialized StumpJumper HT Comp 29

  18. #118
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,877
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99 View Post
    Why does Specialized have to be such an unethical company? They makes such beautiful bikes. I own an Epic and love it, but it bums me out how they treat there dealers and other brands.

    Erik
    I have to ask own an Apple product? Fill up at Exon or Mobil stations?
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

  19. #119
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
    Looks badass, my only question is how much of a bump is there over a 2x10 and M4SL frame to justify the price?

    '12 Carves had M4SL frames too.

    '13 Carve Comp has a gold Recon(was spec'd on the '12 Pro model only last year), and 2x10. I was hoping it'd be around the same price as the '12 model, but if its priced at the '12 Expert price and comes with the '12 Pro fork, you could consider $1600 still a good deal.

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bedell99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by maximumsport View Post
    What do you mean? What does specialize do thats bad? Not saying you're wrong just I wasn't aware of this.

    The other thing that is bothering me on Specialized at the moment is reading their responses on Bikerumor regarding 650b. I'm currently not agreeing or disagreeing with 650b until I ride one but they are so negative.

    Erik
    Last edited by bedell99; 06-21-2012 at 12:55 PM.

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99 View Post
    They have been known to squash smaller dealers and force them just to sell big S and their legal maneuvers against smaller bike companies have been well documented. They do however make awesome bikes. I ride a 29er Epic and love it, just don't enjoy the ethics of the company.

    The other thing that is bothering me on Specialized at the moment is reading their responses on Bikerumor regarding 650b. I'm currently not agreeing or disagreeing with 650b until I ride one but they are so negative.

    Erik
    Vote with your wallet then. Protecting brand image is standard procedure in any business.

    Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation: prezel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99 View Post
    They have been known to squash smaller dealers and force them just to sell big S and their legal maneuvers against smaller bike companies have been well documented. They do however make awesome bikes. I ride a 29er Epic and love it, just don't enjoy the ethics of the company.
    Erik
    Im not saying that I cant understand some of the stated, though I see things different (everybody likes to nag at the companies leading the market). Its still worth a discussion.
    But there are threads about that already.

    This is a thread about 2013 bikes.

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    34

    specs

    Quote Originally Posted by down2ride View Post
    On Friday I bought my wife the 2013 Hardrock Sport Disc 29er. This is a pretty sweet bike for the price. $625 otd.

    Attachment 701668
    Attachment 701669

    They also have the rockhoppers. I'm close to pulling the trigger on one for myself.
    what fork,rear and front derailleur, crankset, cassette,shifters,brakes does ii has?

  24. #124
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bedell99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,250
    Did you guys notice they finally updated the HiLo rear hub? Smart move.

    Erik
    Last edited by bedell99; 06-21-2012 at 12:56 PM.

  25. #125
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by dflash View Post
    what fork,rear and front derailleur, crankset, cassette,shifters,brakes does ii has?
    Suntour fork and crank I think. 8 speed cassette. I'd guess either Alivio or X4 F&R deraileurs and shifters. I think the sport disc models are coming with Tectro hydrolics this year.

  26. #126
    Less talk, more ride...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by A. Nony Moose View Post
    unless you're talking about the hardtail, the 2013 FSR in that model looks sick
    I'm digging the blue/silver combo.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Specialized bike release dates?-11656.jpg  

    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29er
    2012 Specialized Roubaix Apex Compact

  27. #127
    Franzitioned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    453
    Not sure if these haven't already been posted elsewhere. Apologies if they have.

    Demo Carbon Team Edition


    Demo 8 1 Carbon

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Devastazione's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Doedrums View Post
    I'm digging the blue/silver combo.

    I'm so happy to have a 2011 Stumpy FSR. 2010/2011 were the last years of simple and beautiful color combinations to me. Beautiful bike anyway

  29. #129
    old fart
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by bedell99 View Post
    Why does Specialized have to be such an unethical company? They makes such beautiful bikes. I own an Epic and love it, but it bums me out how they treat there dealers and other brands.

    Erik
    Yeah, right. This is the company that has never failed to honor a warranty for me over the last 5 years.

    Ethical? Hell yes.

  30. #130
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by PanuV View Post
    Such a weird spec. Slx shifters, xt rear der., sram front der., sram cranks, kmc chain.

    Magura MT"S" brakes huh ? Wonder how they differ from the normal MT brakes. Why not just use slx or xt ?

    One more thing - Rock shox graphics for the '13 reba really blow.

  31. #131
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by madskatingcow View Post
    Good thing they ditched the Avid brakes for Magura's. They probably got tired of all the warranty claims for the Avid's
    Wonder if the Formula experiment was a one year deal or if the stumpys will still have them ?

  32. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation: WR304's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Such a weird spec. Slx shifters, xt rear der., sram front der., sram cranks, kmc chain.

    Magura MT"S" brakes huh ? Wonder how they differ from the normal MT brakes. Why not just use slx or xt ?

    One more thing - Rock shox graphics for the '13 reba really blow.
    I actually think that 2013 Epic 29er Comp carbon looks good. I'd happily ride one without changing much from the stock spec.

    Have you seen the tyre progression? 2012 Epic 29ers had a Fast Trak front/ Renegade rear tyre combination. The 2013 Epic 29er Comp carbon has Fast Trak tyres front and rear. A little more practical without the Renegade semi-slick, although Fast Trak tyres aren't that good in anything but dry conditions either.

    One reason for the SRAM cranks will be because Shimano don't offer a 30mm diameter crank spindle option. Shimano remained with 24mm diameter crank spindles. It would make it harder to sell the bike if you had to try and explain why the frame has a "better" PF30 bottom bracket shell, but then it's paired with a 24mm diameter crank spindle so there's isn't actually any stiffness benefit. Price is going to come into it too of course.

    The shifters/ rear derailleur are because the theory is that people will look at the high spec rear derailleur and see a high spec bike, even if the other parts (such as the shifters) are from a lower end group. If you look at the Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur it's the Shadow Plus clutch version to reduce chain slap, a clear upgrade over a non clutch rear derailleur. It makes a good selling point if you're looking at one in a showroom. SRAM are supposed to be bringing their Type 2 clutch derailleurs out soon but maybe they weren't ready in time or cost more?

  33. #133
    old fart
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    I actually think that 2013 Epic 29er Comp carbon looks good. I'd happily ride one without changing much from the stock spec.

    Have you seen the tyre progression? 2012 Epic 29ers had a Fast Trak front/ Renegade rear tyre combination. The 2013 Epic 29er Comp carbon has Fast Trak tyres front and rear. A little more practical without the Renegade semi-slick, although Fast Trak tyres aren't that good in anything but dry conditions either.

    One reason for the SRAM cranks will be because Shimano don't offer a 30mm diameter crank spindle option. Shimano remained with 24mm diameter crank spindles. It would make it harder to sell the bike if you had to try and explain why the frame has a "better" PF30 bottom bracket shell, but then it's paired with a 24mm diameter crank spindle so there's isn't actually any stiffness benefit. Price is going to come into it too of course.

    The shifters/ rear derailleur are because the theory is that people will look at the high spec rear derailleur and see a high spec bike, even if the other parts (such as the shifters) are from a lower end group. If you look at the Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur it's the Shadow Plus clutch version to reduce chain slap, a clear upgrade over a non clutch rear derailleur. It makes a good selling point if you're looking at one in a showroom. SRAM are supposed to be bringing their Type 2 clutch derailleurs out soon but maybe they weren't ready in time or cost more?
    Interesting spec, I agree. I guess this put to bed the question I had around the interoperability of SRAM & Shimano 10-speed drive-trains. Not that I'm unhappy with my SRAM one, but it's nice to know.

  34. #134
    old fart
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    The shifters/ rear derailleur are because the theory is that people will look at the high spec rear derailleur and see a high spec bike, even if the other parts (such as the shifters) are from a lower end group. If you look at the Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur it's the Shadow Plus clutch version to reduce chain slap, a clear upgrade over a non clutch rear derailleur. It makes a good selling point if you're looking at one in a showroom. SRAM are supposed to be bringing their Type 2 clutch derailleurs out soon but maybe they weren't ready in time or cost more?
    That helps answer a question I have had: namely the interoperability of the SRAM and Shimano 10-speed groups. I've very happy with the longevity of the XX components, but nice to know I can mix'n match. On a related note, the "type 2" SRAM (X0) rear looks like a nice piece of work.

  35. #135
    old fart
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by madskatingcow View Post
    Good thing they ditched the Avid brakes for Magura's. They probably got tired of all the warranty claims for the Avid's
    Agreed - must have been very expensive. Having said that I love my new (warranty replacement) XXWC brakes. Completely different design and a very good brake.

  36. #136
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,184
    Quote Originally Posted by skiwi View Post
    Interesting spec, I agree. I guess this put to bed the question I had around the interoperability of SRAM & Shimano 10-speed drive-trains. Not that I'm unhappy with my SRAM one, but it's nice to know.
    I thought I read that cable pull on the fronts is the same for both brands but the rears are different. So your rear der. has to be the same brand as the shifters. Not 100% sure on that though.

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    I thought I read that cable pull on the fronts is the same for both brands but the rears are different. So your rear der. has to be the same brand as the shifters. Not 100% sure on that though.
    Correct

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation: WR304's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,928
    Quote Originally Posted by skiwi View Post
    That helps answer a question I have had: namely the interoperability of the SRAM and Shimano 10-speed groups. I've very happy with the longevity of the XX components, but nice to know I can mix'n match. On a related note, the "type 2" SRAM (X0) rear looks like a nice piece of work.
    The rear cassette spacing is the same for Shimano and SRAM 10 speed cassettes. You need to use a 10 speed rear shifter and 10 speed rear derailleur from the same manufacturer but apart from that the other current parts are interchangeable. You can use a SRAM front derailleur with Shimano shifters and vice versa.

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    48

    Cool-blue Rhythm

    Hi all!

    My wife and I are athletes but total noobs to the sport. We've done a bit of research and tried a couple different bikes. Bottom line is that we really like 29ers, and the Specialized Carve and Jett Comp 29ers have made the very short list (we were able to find some 2012's).

    Does anyone have a picture of the 2013 Jett Comp 29? Saw the picture of the Carve and it looks swanky. Thanks in advance!

    BrnHrnt

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,877
    Wow I know most don't care, but Spec f-up the kids 24 A1 FS bike.
    Disc mounts on the frame, but they put a fork with no tabs on the front.

    It was the one bike you could buy and add discs to for your child. I looked at a Shred 2-4 but costs $760 and weighs a ton.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18
    Just got a email from my LBS and they said my 2013 Epic Comp 29er will be in at the end of the month.

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    306
    Specialized (Like Trek) releases their lower end 2013 stuff around now, you'll see comp level Stumpys in stores by late July and the expert and above level stuff no earlier than early August. It's the same every year.

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18
    Here are the 2013 Epic Comp 29er Colors
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Specialized bike release dates?-epic1.jpg  

    2013 Specialized bike release dates?-epic2.jpg  


  44. #144
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    Those are some plain bikes

  45. #145
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,418
    Agreed, easy paint scheme to get em out on the floor?

  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    Agreed, easy paint scheme to get em out on the floor?
    Less is more sometimes. I love the red Epic. Then again I like one or two colors only.
    Livin' the dream.

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Devastazione's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,093
    Less IS more indeed !! Keep it simple stupid,back to 2010/2011 practical and masculine, I love it !! Makes me wanna sell my 2012 Expert carbon frame for that bad@ss red M5.
    Last edited by Devastazione; 06-15-2012 at 07:27 AM.

  48. #148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by BrnHrnt View Post
    Hi all!

    My wife and I are athletes but total noobs to the sport. We've done a bit of research and tried a couple different bikes. Bottom line is that we really like 29ers, and the Specialized Carve and Jett Comp 29ers have made the very short list (we were able to find some 2012's).

    Does anyone have a picture of the 2013 Jett Comp 29? Saw the picture of the Carve and it looks swanky. Thanks in advance!

    BrnHrnt
    Best bet is to do a google image search and see what crops up. These things sometimes leak on online stores.

  49. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by R+P+K View Post
    Best bet is to do a google image search and see what crops up. These things sometimes leak on online stores.
    Yeah, I've been trying that but it looked like some of the guys here had access to the dealer site at their LBS and were able to pull the 2013 images that we're seeing in the thread.

  50. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    95
    Yesterday i tried to order this handlebar at my LBS here in germany.
    Specialized Bicycle Components
    Sold out for 2012 I have to wait for 2013
    What date is today 15/06/2012

    Bye
    Marcus

  51. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Devastazione's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by epicbiker View Post
    Yesterday i tried to order this handlebar at my LBS here in germany.
    Specialized Bicycle Components
    Sold out for 2012 I have to wait for 2013
    What date is today 15/06/2012

    Bye
    Marcus

    Youre so lucky to be in Germany,you have access to hibike.de and have Specialized stuff delivered. They do carry that item at the moment I guess,I would have got one but those smart Specialized knuckleheads want to protect their italian dealers so hibike.de cannot ship Specialized stuff to Italy anymore.
    I had a friend of mine visiting me from Germany a week ago and I've packed him with Specialized stuff from hibike.de, too bad I've forgot that handlebar....

  52. #152
    insert blank disk
    Reputation: down2ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by skiwi View Post
    Yeah, right. This is the company that has never failed to honor a warranty for me over the last 5 years.

    Ethical? Hell yes.
    Agreed. Bought my wife the 2013 HR. When I was taking the water bottle cage out one of them strip. Probably because it was over tightened at the factory. I took it to my lbs and specialized told them to give me a brand new bike.

    I'm very impressed with their customer service and am considering selling my cannondale and purchasing one solely because of it. Well that and their
    Bikes are pretty cool too.

  53. #153
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by down2ride View Post
    On Friday I bought my wife the 2013 Hardrock Sport Disc 29er. This is a pretty sweet bike for the price. $625 otd.

    Attachment 701668
    Attachment 701669

    They also have the rockhoppers. I'm close to pulling the trigger on one for myself.

    I just picked up the same bike. 2013 Hr sport disc 29er. They added the hydrolic brakes and I have been happy with it at this price point even though it is on the heavy side and a 8 speed.

  54. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    2013 Epics already

  55. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    14
    I've been eyeing the 2013 Carve Comp, and eagerly awaiting its release. A couple of LBS's told me that they think it may not come out until October. Am I really in for that long of a wait?

  56. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HAL 9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by GTR2ebike View Post
    2013 Epics already
    any info on the 2013 S Works 29er Epic?

  57. #157
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,418
    I was told late June/early July for Carve Comps by my LBS; and it IS in the early release catalogue. Although there are still 2012 Carves in Spec inventory, so who knows..

  58. #158
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    I realy hope they redid the stumpjumper 29er carbon.
    Hope to see at least internal cable routing :-D

  59. #159
    mtbr member
    Reputation: vik61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    34
    Only niner Epic? No 26er in 2013?

  60. #160
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HAL 9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by vik61 View Post
    Only niner Epic? No 26er in 2013?
    nobody rides 26" bikes anymore

  61. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation: chillie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    178
    Great to see the bikes already here.I see the epics get the new 'auto sag ' rear shock.Problem is I havn't seen any of the pro's using this rear shock so just thinking, is it another non tested product that Specialized are using the consumer to test?

  62. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation: S-Worker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    263
    Quote Originally Posted by vik61 View Post
    Only niner Epic? No 26er in 2013?
    Yes, same goes for Stumpy ht.

  63. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bedell99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,250
    I can't see Spc selling a 26" Epic or HT Stumpie in 2013. There is no market for those bikes. However a 2013 650B Epic would sweet although I know this NOT happening.

    Erik

  64. #164
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SuPrBuGmAn View Post
    I was told late June/early July for Carve Comps by my LBS; and it IS in the early release catalogue. Although there are still 2012 Carves in Spec inventory, so who knows..
    I just ordered a 2013 Carve Comp from my LBS, I should be getting it on Friday

  65. #165
    Trail Rider
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,418
    Yeah, my LBS called yesterday and said they are now available.

  66. #166
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    If Specialized are reading this then PLEASE can we have 29er FSR Stumpjumpers this year in the UK? Especially the Evo!

  67. #167
    Franzitioned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    453
    Quote Originally Posted by thematthewjones View Post
    if specialized are reading this then please can we have 29er fsr stumpjumpers this year in the uk? Especially the evo!

    yes. +1

  68. #168
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,268
    I got to ride the 2013 SJ FSR Comp Carbon 29er yesterday. GREAT looking bike with a lot of nice upgrades. The Elixir brakes are redesigned look/feel much better, the XT Shadow plus rear derailleur is a nice addition and I actually like the new grips. They are like the old XC grips on the bottom and smoother with a grip tecture on the top. The grip collars nolonger say "specialized", they just have an "S" and the rubber completely covers the end of the bars so you don't need caps anymore.

  69. #169
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    784
    Quote Originally Posted by thematthewjones View Post
    If Specialized are reading this then PLEASE can we have 29er FSR Stumpjumpers this year in the UK? Especially the Evo!
    They are coming to the UK for 2013 100% I was told this a while back and they order what they want for the next year well in advance, several months ago in fact.

  70. #170
    for three!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    208
    Ugh, i don't know why people DON'T ride 26ers anymore. At the end of the day 29ers might be quicker, but 26ers are more FUN, and that is the whole point of mountain biking in the first place.

  71. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation: iamspartacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    343
    I am going with a brand new 26" bike. I may be ridiculed for this, but I really feel it is the best choice for me. I rode 29ers and liked them, but I can get a FS 26" for less then a 29er HT...........and the 26" has better components. Money, fit, fun..........I choose a 26" bike.

  72. #172
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18
    Got a email.My 2013 Epic 29er will be here this week...Will post pictures soon as I pick it up.

  73. #173
    BJF
    BJF is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    403
    Anyone know if the roval control sl 29 wheels are changing for 2013?

  74. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by karlmalone1 View Post
    Ugh, i don't know why people DON'T ride 26ers anymore. At the end of the day 29ers might be quicker, but 26ers are more FUN, and that is the whole point of mountain biking in the first place.
    Fun is a wholly subjective. Some people set cats on fire for "fun".

  75. #175
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5
    Hey first post, but I have been riding since 1989 before there were shocks on bikes with any regularity actually. Thank god the technology has advanced so an old dude like me can still ride and have fun and tear it up. Picking up the 2013 Epic 29er comp tomorrow and I am stoked!!! Its my third Specialized mountain bike, and I was on the fence between this and the Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon. Decided on the Epic. BJF I believe the roval wheels are the same, but I will confirm for you tomorrow as well as a quick ride report.
    Last edited by XC-EZ; 06-20-2012 at 07:22 PM.

  76. #176
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    6,877
    Quote Originally Posted by XC-EZ View Post
    Hey first post, but I have been riding since 1989 before there were shocks on bikes with any regularity actually. Thank god the technology has advanced so an old dude like me can still ride and have fun and tear it up. Picking up the 2013 Epic 29er comp tomorrow and I am stoked!!! Its my third Specialized mountain bike, and I was on the fence between this and the Santa Cruz Tallboy LT Carbon. Decided on the Epic. BJF I believe the roval wheels are the same, but I will confirm for you tomorrow as well as a quick ride report.
    interesting since they are such different bikes.
    OG Ripley v2
    Carver 420 TI

  77. #177
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    interesting since they are such different bikes.
    Yea I meant the Tallboy Carbon not the LT

  78. #178
    BJF
    BJF is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    403
    Let me know on the wheels. I have heard conflicting things on the Roval SLs for 2013.

  79. #179
    for three!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by R+P+K View Post
    Fun is a wholly subjective. Some people set cats on fire for "fun".
    Haha fair enough, i guess 26ers are more fun for me at least, being more tossable and lively and such.

  80. #180
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by karlmalone1 View Post
    Haha fair enough, i guess 26ers are more fun for me at least, being more tossable and lively and such.
    Which is totally cool if that's what floats your boat. I find grinding up climbs fun :-)

  81. #181
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17

    Carve 2013 Expert?

    Hi,

    I'm new to this forum and mountain Biking in general, but have recently discovered how much fun it can be after 18 years out of the saddle.

    So I had finally settled on the bike I was going to get, the Carve Expert 2012 when I came across a site in Germany called Nubuk bikes (google them as I can't post a link, because I'm too new).

    They seem to have details of the Carve 2013 and pictures of both the Comp and the Expert, both seem to come in 2 different colour options! They detail all the specs and they seem improved on 2012.

    Can anyone verify this and do any of you guys know when these will be in the UK or generally available?

    Also, anyone got an opinion on how much better the specs are?

    If its a case of having to wait 2-3 weeks I might hang on, but if its 2-3 months, forget it we only get about 4 weeks of summer in England and I'm not missing it!

    I was going to post the image but this is my first post and I'm not allowed yet, so go take a look.

    Cheers

  82. #182
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by BJF View Post
    Anyone know if the roval control sl 29 wheels are changing for 2013?
    I read somewhere that the logos will be white as opposed to red.
    MCH Co-Captain

  83. #183
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 53119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,287
    2013 enduro pics? anyone? pls and thank you. pls create a normal shock mount for the enduros that I can retro fit to my '11. such a great bike that would be even better with aftermarket shock options.

  84. #184
    mtbr member
    Reputation: HAL 9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,770
    Saw a photo of the 2013 S Works Venge Campagnolo Record EPS 11 at the bike shop yesterday.

    Specialized Bicycle Components

    I just bought a S Works Venge eight months ago and now they are trying to tease me into a new one.

  85. #185
    insert blank disk
    Reputation: down2ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    207
    I was asked about the components that come stock on the 2013 Hardrock. Let me know if I forgot something.

    2013 Specialized bike release dates?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340338499.028217.jpg
    2013 Specialized bike release dates?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340338520.882084.jpg
    2013 Specialized bike release dates?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340338537.057539.jpg
    2013 Specialized bike release dates?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340338550.994252.jpg
    2013 Specialized bike release dates?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340338564.294468.jpg
    2013 Specialized bike release dates?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340338579.284713.jpg

  86. #186
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5
    I guess I dont have enough posts yet to post a pic. But if you could see it this is my new Epic 29er carbon comp pre first ride. When I get enough posts I will put up pics. I was very impressed on a ride that I ride regularly, it was confidence inspiring. This is my first 29er and I must say it was awesome. The wheels are the same as last years model I believe. The weight came in at 27.75LBS with pedals (egg beaters 3). New Auto Sag in the rear and the shadow plus on the rear xt derailleur. New brakes feel great as well. First upgrade may be to carbon wheels then the cassete. Edit.. Nevermind, it looks like the pic show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Specialized bike release dates?-photo.jpg  


  87. #187
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    64
    what are going to be the differences b/w epic comp 29 and epic comp carbon 29?
    thanks

  88. #188
    mtbr member
    Reputation: GTR2ebike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,872
    One is carbon...

  89. #189
    Tso
    Tso is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    47
    My LBS (Mikes Bikes) has every single '12 Specialized pretty steeply discounted so I would assume 2013 is coming out soon. Also does anyone know the weight of the '12 Epic Expert Carbon 29er

  90. #190
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    784
    http://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/2...on-29er-weight is a dedicated thread to what you are asking. If the link doesn't work just type it in a search. I've posted this from my Iphone hence no link

  91. #191
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17
    Just been on Specialized website and can't see the Carve Expert anymore???

    They have the Pro and the Comp, but the Expert is missing! does this mean they are updating the spec for 2013, or just a glitch?

    Also, all the 2012 Rockhopper range is missing?
    Last edited by Stewhg; 06-25-2012 at 03:51 AM.

  92. #192
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewhg View Post
    Just been on Specialized website and can't see the Carve Expert anymore???

    They have the Pro and the Comp, but the Expert is missing! does this mean they are updating the spec for 2013, or just a glitch?

    Also, all the 2012 Rockhopper range is missing?
    It seems like they are back. LBS said release dates and specs are coming out the second week of July.

  93. #193
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17
    Yeah, that's strange they're back! Thanks for replying.

    Must have been a glitch! There was me thinking my timing might be perfect. I'm after a Carve Expert and don't want to miss out on July/August riding opportunities, but don't want to invest if within a week or 2 I could have had this years model.

    Some sites are showing pictures and specs, but it all seems to be rumours with nothing concrete. I rang my LBS and they said they would know more this week so it will be crunch time 2012 or wait for 2013!

    I know why they make it hard to find out when the next model is coming along but we all know there will be one, so come Specialized tell us when so we can make our mind up!

  94. #194
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewhg View Post
    Yeah, that's strange they're back! Thanks for replying.

    Must have been a glitch! There was me thinking my timing might be perfect. I'm after a Carve Expert and don't want to miss out on July/August riding opportunities, but don't want to invest if within a week or 2 I could have had this years model.

    Some sites are showing pictures and specs, but it all seems to be rumours with nothing concrete. I rang my LBS and they said they would know more this week so it will be crunch time 2012 or wait for 2013!

    I know why they make it hard to find out when the next model is coming along but we all know there will be one, so come Specialized tell us when so we can make our mind up!
    Thinking about the Carve Comp for myself and the Jett Comp for the wifey! Just want to see the 2013 specs/release date first on the Jett Comp. The Jett 29 (used to be a 26 in the 2012 model) is available now.

  95. #195
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by slav View Post
    what are going to be the differences b/w epic comp 29 and epic comp carbon 29?
    thanks
    I saw em on the dealer web site a week or so ago. I believe they are specd different next year. The comp is sram and the comp carbon is shim. They both have a Reba with a brain too.

  96. #196
    Ben-Jammin
    Reputation: CasteelG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    654
    We've had a '13 Stumpjumper FSR Comp Carbon 29 in the shop for a little less than a week now.

    They've done a great job with the scheme this year (Matte Carbon/White)! It looks awesome with lots of nice little details that tie everything together.

    More importantly though, Fox CTD stuff front and rear (Meh.), XT Shadow Plus RD with SLX shifters and cassette (Yay!) and Avid Elixir 5 brakes (Downgrade from last year...).

  97. #197
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10
    Sorry for ask ,our Malaysia lbs told that 2013 don't have any 26er bike, is that true?

  98. #198
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    208
    At least for Epics and Stumpys HT.

  99. #199
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    39
    Has anyone got the spec list for the 2013 Stumpjumper FSR Evo 29er?

  100. #200
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10
    Meaning 2013 s works epic and stumpjumper ht all is 29er,no more 26er,,,,

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •